Thread: Public Announcement - 04/15/2012

Threaded View

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by na85 View Post
    You discovered personal info had been compromised at 1AM and don't post about it until the next evening?

Why is it that this project is continually plagued by unprofessionalism?

Explain to me please why a site-wide email wasn't sent out immediately upon discovery like every other major community would do?
    We notified everyone on Facebook, Twitter and Google+, Acebalde spammed Nova with system messages, MOTD was changed in our main IRC #swgemu and several other channels.

We couldn't send an email notification to everyone, because the server that holds that data was the server that was attacked and it was taken down for security reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by swedefrog View Post
    I just logged in to game with my normal password and have had no email and support@swgemu.com says "default mail client not properly instaled" ????? please help....
    It means that you dont have an email client installed, download and install Thunderbird or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by spima View Post
    hi all,

just a quick question: i recieved 5 emails from "daemon" - 1 at 23:22 (my time) telling me a password "A" - and at 23:58 i recieved 4 emails telling me password "B" (A and B stand for the generated password you send me - and password B is working)

im just curious and would like to know if this happened to anyone else and it should be like that.

regards,
    richard
    Yeah, i got 5 emails with 2 different passwords. There were two attempts to reset passwords, first timed out so we had to start another one after that timeout was disabled.
    Last edited by Vlada; 04-16-2012 at 08:29 AM.

Thread Information