Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Public Announcement - 04/15/2012

Retired SWGEmu Staff sgtfunkadelic's Avatar
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by na85 View Post
    You discovered personal info had been compromised at 1AM and don't post about it until the next evening?

Why is it that this project is continually plagued by unprofessionalism?

Explain to me please why a site-wide email wasn't sent out immediately upon discovery like every other major community would do?
    How long do you think it took a 'professional' organization like SOE to inform its customers that their personal info might have been compromised when they had their hack ordeal last year? I think your expectations are slightly unrealistic.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Hahaha are you implying SOE is professional?

Retired SWGEmu Staff sgtfunkadelic's Avatar
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Hahaha are you implying SOE is professional?
    er no...that was sarcasm

Dedicated
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    I just logged in to game with my normal password and have had no email and support@swgemu.com says "default mail client not properly instaled" ????? please help....

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Joker stealing money again?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    glad to see the compromise was detected, keep up the good work!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Hmm....I never received a PW reset e-mail and just sent an e-mail concerning it. Interestingly enough I just logged on to the forums here with my old PW.
    I was on the site at the time it shut down. I was going through the process of reinstalling the game on my new rig and the site went down as I went to DL the launchpad installer.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    You discovered personal info had been compromised at 1AM and don't post about it until the next evening?

Explain to me please why a site-wide email wasn't sent out immediately upon discovery like every other major community would do?
    Because maybe they didn't have enough info at the time, grow up and deal with it.
    Who needs friends when you have gundams?

Play Stats
    Inactive

Is this post for real? *twilight zone*

Play Stats
    Inactive

I'd rather they take the site and servers down and address the security issue, THEN worry about sending me an email. But that's just me.

Also I was not awake at 1am anyway.
    TC Nova IGN: Jennie Roe
    Formerly of Bria, CO and Founder of ST-G (Gamma Stormtrooper Company)

Play Stats
    Inactive
    /Soapbox

Whether or not the report was done soon after the incident or not is irrelevant. Whether or not you got an e-mail is irrelevant.

Here's what IS relevant:

There was a potential breach of security. That said, your password might be compromised. Regardless of whether or not it actually happened, the alert has been given. Now get off your duffs and change your password, if only to be on the safe side.

/EndSoapbox

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Of all the rotten bull****! To hack an open source free project made by the players, for the players?
    Really? AND if I hear anyone say the word anonomys did this, I'll be quite upset, because those guys arent supposed to stand for this sort of kiddie bull****!
    How does it feel, to have damaged a FREE AND OPEN SOURCE COMMUNITY PROJECT? Does it make you feel like a big billy bad-***?
    What did you get out of it? Nothing, thats what you got.
    This is what is wrong with the world, people that are just mad at it, need to target their anger better. Go hack the CIA or something you dumbasses, really?...

Surface Marshal Rahl/501st Imperial Legion
    {LP}/(AL1)/{ML}

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I am glad to see that it was contained. I also agree with cegati. Change your password and be aware of email's. Not like its the end of the world. We survived and will continue on. Not to mention at least it was caught that someone attacked and now we have better security. Hell maybe next time we'll find out who the bastard(s) is/are and give him something hell never forget.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    hi all,

just a quick question: i recieved 5 emails from "daemon" - 1 at 23:22 (my time) telling me a password "A" - and at 23:58 i recieved 4 emails telling me password "B" (A and B stand for the generated password you send me - and password B is working)

im just curious and would like to know if this happened to anyone else and it should be like that.

regards,
    richard

Play Stats
    381h last 30d
    hehehe iv already recieved 2 phising attempts - "password changes attempt has been made to your account 'vasilij'" - sent by SOE apparently :b
    Seems the data is being used to steal SoE accounts... good job...

Thread Information