Closed Thread
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread: End of Liberator Milestone

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by elzwierzakko View Post
    The NGE content filled a gap perfectly. A game based on just one way content is doomed to fail. What a game needs is variety. NGE provided that. Some of the later content was really good. I wouldn't mind seeing the GCW, Some of the instances, Collections, Atmospheric flight and storyteller implemented at some point. Hell I wouldn't even mind seeing some of the Legacy quests, the well written ones.
    We even had developer created content pre-CU and pre-NGE .........all those NPC's that had the little quests or missions..heck..I didn't get my Meson Telescope from a Vendor, I did a random mission.

We just needed more stuff to do for the days when PvP was too /facepalm or you'd gotten tired of grinding out another 3 profession mastery's.

RoTW was a good start (even though it was post Patch 14.1)....and you could see from the success of its' sales that the player base was Content Starved.
    The Original JML from Intrepid and Starsider
    The Last IPS President

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I enjoyed the game for 7.5 years. The player generated content is the best. What set this game apart was and is the community. We worked well together and are doing so now. I can't wait for alpha!
    Ikauma Hardeen, marksman on TC Nova
    Boden Kote, novice bh on Basilisk, role play mandalorian. Rest and Peace to our old Tarq server

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Between this, Diablo III, and Dragon's Dogma, my life is going to come to a complete screeching halt next month.

HOW am I going to EAT

Play Stats
    Inactive

Smile

Badvali,

I could not have said it better! You hit on all cylinders there and I agree.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Jubba,
    Thank you! Look for you in game. On TC Nova, I made a toon named Kote Cabur. When alpha goes live I will do the same name...look forward to meeting you!
    Ikauma Hardeen, marksman on TC Nova
    Boden Kote, novice bh on Basilisk, role play mandalorian. Rest and Peace to our old Tarq server

Play Stats
    519h last 30d
    Yes the community is surely what makes this game amazing. What makes SWGEmu so amazing is that people here are not only from the SWG community that we all know and love, but they are also the people who love SWG the most. The best of an awesome community, I surely cannot wait for alpha ^_^.
    Last edited by Moltov; 04-26-2012 at 07:23 AM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Time to reinstall once again i think, good to see you guys haven't been lazy while I've been gone. Great work.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by badvali View Post
    I enjoyed the game for 7.5 years. The player generated content is the best. What set this game apart was and is the community. We worked well together and are doing so now. I can't wait for alpha!
    THIS.

Could not have said it better myself. The most appealing factor for me to stay with SWG over the years was the community, as well as some of the unique features that weren't removed like housing and cities. I wasn't thrilled with the CU and definitely not happy with the NGE, but while there was still a community, I was still playing.

All I hope for is that same community to come back. It would be impossible to have the same number of players SWG had in 2003/2004, but if there's enough interest to have 1 very populated server, I'll be happy

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I can not wait until Alpha is live and stress testing completed. Once we can have legitimate server or servers that people can all join and remain on. That will be AWESOME.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by yazer View Post
    I can not wait until Alpha is live and stress testing completed. Once we can have legitimate server or servers that people can all join and remain on. That will be AWESOME.
    +1 I can't wait to build my nightclub again.......hopefully, eventually, they'll have those jukeboxes again...lol....those and the props were the bomb!!!!!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I have a good feeling about this....and cannot wait til a permanent server is ready for play!~

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by yazer View Post
    Me either! Although I do hope we start out with only one server and institute new servers as the load gets too heavy. You know offer some sort special items, credits, xp bonuses, or something for the first X number of people willing to transfer type thing. That way we keep the server populations high.
    Erom Irack
    Master Artisan / Master Scout / Master Droid Engineer
    Refugee From Scylla

Retired SWGEmu Staff
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    I have a feeling *this* server will be "the" server. Then there will be those that want to have their own and I'm sure some other popular-ish ones will come around, but I have a feeling that just the built in experience of keeping the server up and going, the bandwidth to support a large population, etc. - all things considered SWGEmu.com will end up being the server of choice. We're all already here, the forums are here, the community is all set.

I'm sure I'll be right on board snagging the source and setting up my own server - just to do it. But where will I really spend my time? Right where I can play amongst tons of people! HERE! lol

See ya's!
    - Hap

Play Stats
    163h last 30d
    agree with you all. additionally i wonder how swg-pvp in larger battles will perform with actual server hardware... this WILL be legendary awesome

Play Stats
    Inactive
    As somebody who just signed up and started their first toon yesterday I have to say how excited I am that swg will not just be a memory. I was so upset by the game closing that I couldn't bear to even look at screengrabs for awhile (yes I know..I do have my pitiful moments lol). Then a friend told me about this and it was the heavens opened up and an unseen choir started singing! I am so amazed at what has been done so far and am, like the others, *really* looking forward to seeing how it progresses. YAY to the devs and the Community! I KNOW I'm gonna love it here! (Now I just have to find folks to hang out with in game. Give Kymba a shout out if you see her running by, eh?
    "There is no such thing as 'normal', it is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is a calamity for the fly" - Morticia Addams

Closed Thread

Thread Information