Closed Thread
Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: End of Liberator Milestone

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by reforse View Post
    I agree with you here totally, SWTOR graphics are aimed at the retarded.
    Well, i didn't dislike the graphic of TOR per se (in fact, it was one of the few things in that game that i liked), but only in its context (with its predefined story-driven, on-rails character progression which utilized the scenery only as a backdrop for a few minutes of questing).
    For an openworld type, sandbox-like game they seriously lack in immersion.

Play Stats
    1025h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by jedimonkeylizard View Post
    Respectfully disagree with you there Ossiris.

Pre-CU Professions with 2011 SW:G Content would be perfect.
    No, I disagree. Pre-CU content was mainly based on community interaction and auto-generated content. No need of dev's work.

2011 NGE-SWG Content was the sum of years of DEV's added content. This kind of content had peaks for days/weeks after launch and then deep bottoms as forgotten content. Examples are Dead-zone, WD quests, Nym revamp. Only collections and istances was a long term content add.

This is my opinion.
    Opith

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I only managed to get to level 34 before I was bored!

I just wish this Alpha would hurry up!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by jedimonkeylizard View Post
    As best as we can tell:

Soon TM
    You must play SWCombine :P

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Superser View Post
    No, I disagree. Pre-CU content was mainly based on community interaction and auto-generated content. No need of dev's work.

2011 NGE-SWG Content was the sum of years of DEV's added content. This kind of content had peaks for days/weeks after launch and then deep bottoms as forgotten content. Examples are Dead-zone, WD quests, Nym revamp. Only collections and istances was a long term content add.

This is my opinion.
    Opith
    I agree 100% with this.. Collections, junk loot and mod crafting (reverse engineering) to me were the best things about NGE - I kinda hope some of that gets added in at some point

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by irtehbom View Post
    I only managed to get to level 34 before I was bored!
    I'm surprised that you got that far, I only made it to level 11 before giving up from boredom.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    I agree 100% with this.. Collections, junk loot and mod crafting (reverse engineering) to me were the best things about NGE - I kinda hope some of that gets added in at some point
    I made an orange rug today.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by ossirisward View Post
    Beggar's can't be choosers..
    One of the EMU projects is attempting to revive the Game as it stood December 14th, 2011..............All the content pushed in before the end and all the other stuff we wish that the pre-CU SWG Devs had actually thought up and added before the CU.

I'd wonder about how difficult it would be to reverse engineer the 12/1/11 SW:G into the 3/31/05 SW:G and make sure the professions were of the pre-CU variety.
    The Original JML from Intrepid and Starsider
    The Last IPS President

Play Stats
    Inactive

This is my opinion.
    Opith
    Oh I wholeheartedly agree that Player Created Content pre-NGE rocked socks. But....I loved running the Hoth Instance with friends to go kill the Wampas and Defend or Invade the base. I enjoyed the Tusken King Instance. The IG88 instance was fun as well as the Nightsisters Instance. Bounties in Space were cool as well since you couldn't just face roll your specials and wtfpwn someone...you needed skill and good parts. I would exclude the Meatlump King Themepark because sending Newbs out to hunt down the Meatlump King was as always an Epic thing to do without being truly mean.

All the OG themeparks got revamped over time....Rebel and Jabba's saw it the most...Don't know if Imp TP did...and the Valarian and Gungan ones just got shut down or ignored for almost a decade.

PvP and profession grinding can only hold someones attention for 'so' long....after a while Developer created content is needed to ensure a games longevity to the next billing cycle...now obviously with the Emu....they are doing what they are doing the way they want to do it...and there is Support for it..

I'm just spitballing here.
    The Original JML from Intrepid and Starsider
    The Last IPS President

Kosice, SK, EUROPE, planet Earth, Milky WAY galaxy :)
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Hi guys, ladies i cannot find any topic about a new preparing server called Suncrusher, could you be so kind to provide me some chronological steps what will follow to get the game into final state that we can have housing and space and more? Thank you much, i will appreciate any answer.
    Paulus I.

Kosice, SK, EUROPE, planet Earth, Milky WAY galaxy :)
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    And one more question, dou you know or think if there will be some EOL ceremony during the final wipe-out as it was in SWG? I mean some final parade If you will get any clue please keep me informed Thank you very much buddies.
    Paulus I.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    i'm sure whenever they end liberator they will have an event, check the event section on the forums palo and there is player housing on TC:Nova at the moment, space won't be in until after they have got a carbon copy of the swg they want and for your last question i think suncrusher is going to be basically the new alpha server thats coming out if anyone can clarify that would be great

Play Stats
    Inactive
    This is very exciting news! I may not have been on a lot or posted all the time but i do follow this I played SWG when it first came out and SWG was my first MMO and i have yet to find anything like it, to all the dev and all the players that helped get the game to what it is now i would like to say Thanks... I'm looking forward to playing this again and bringing back some good memories!! good jobs all and keep up the hard work!!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I played SWG with very few breaks from early 06 to the 15th of September in 2011 (billing error caused me to miss the deadline..).

Played almost every MMO out there, or at least the MMOs that are mentionable, and not a single one was even remotely as good as SWG, not even TOR. None of them offer the experience of SWG. I don't know what it was about the game but I could just play it for years and never ever once be bored. There was always something to do, always something to craft, some collection to work on, some place to explore, or more importantly some awesome person to hang out with.

And that may be what sets SWG apart from all other MMOs in the long run, the community.

Can't wait.
    Showcase May 4th, 2010
    Starsider: Sajun Davah <TRASH>
    Basilisk: Sajun Davah (M. Pikeman/M. Doctor)

Play Stats
    Inactive

This is my opinion.
    Opith
    The NGE content filled a gap perfectly. A game based on just one way content is doomed to fail. What a game needs is variety. NGE provided that. Some of the later content was really good. I wouldn't mind seeing the GCW, Some of the instances, Collections, Atmospheric flight and storyteller implemented at some point. Hell I wouldn't even mind seeing some of the Legacy quests, the well written ones.

Closed Thread

Thread Information