Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: TC: Nova and Liberator upgrade - Feb 14, 2011

Play Stats
    Inactive
    All I know is I'm lost without you, I'm not gonna lie.
    How am I gonna be strong without you? I need you by my side.

/sob

Play Stats
    Inactive
    looking forward to seeing what the new hardware can do

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by vanster View Post
    This is great news, im really excited for the whole community.
    I've been watching SWGEMU develop over the last few years checking in every now and then to see what the score was, however due to my absolute lack of skills I was never in a position to offer any help...now however its a different story, as the game is in a far more stable playable state.
    Still as thick as two short planks with the computer skills of a hamster or simular rodant, i'm able to help and feel its my duty to support SWGEMU in the only way I can, via donations.
    I hope that others will feel the same way as essentially we are playing a free game, however the cost of the servers/upgrades/line rental and god only knows what else, must be staggering.
    I'd like to also take this oppertunity to thank all those involved from developement to mods to the community for their continious effort to make this dream a reality for nurds just like me

Vanster, I can't program either (though I do manage software dev teams at work) but I agree with you about donations. The way I see it is, if you can pay for an internet connection then you can likely afford to chip in at least $1-$5 a month to play a game that CLEARLY so many of us here love. I plan to keep contributing on a monthly basis for as long as the SWGEMU stays stays focused on its customers (us) and maintains good connectivity.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Evass Wavingfly View Post
    Vanster, I can't program either (though I do manage software dev teams at work) but I agree with you about donations. The way I see it is, if you can pay for an internet connection then you can likely afford to chip in at least $1-$5 a month to play a game that CLEARLY so many of us here love. I plan to keep contributing on a monthly basis for as long as the SWGEMU stays stays focused on its customers (us) and maintains good connectivity.
    /Agreed just wish some content was added... ???

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Many thanks to all who have made this possible, i am really looking forward to playing w/o all the rubberbanding. lol and i have today off from the fiance and baby. i hope the server comes back up soon

Play Stats
    Inactive
    SinisterCowboy12, I have no doubt that will occur once they finish rebuilding the original code.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    hey. thats a lot more then 24 hours. servers was up today? was working the hole day

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Evass Wavingfly View Post
    If you played Old SOE SWG then you paid at least 10 of your American Dollars every month so I really fail to see why 1 of your American Dollars would be construed as an acceptable donation.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    wow great news! keep up the good work!! cant wait to test it out!!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    i cant wait that the server are going on . Thank you so much for the great servers

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Really have enjoyed the past week back in the best version of swg :-) Also looking forward to seeing the results of the hardware upgrade .. as a matter of fact am chewing the sides of my pc desk in the first throws of dt's from not being able to play ;-)

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Thank you!! power to the player.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I've been back for about a month, after i suddenly remembered there was a SWGEmu, and was surprised to see the progress that has been made so far. Enjoyed every moment since, and want to congratulate everyone involved on a job well done so far!
    I'm confident that it will get even better, keep up the great job!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by bazweller View Post
    If you played Old SOE SWG then you paid at least 10 of your American Dollars every month so I really fail to see why 1 of your American Dollars would be construed as an acceptable donation.
    I agree in essence with your statement but was merely trying to point out that if almost every gave at least $1-$5 each month then SWGEMU's budget would likely always be met or exceeded. Keep in mind that the $15 fee we paid to SOE helped to cover hardware, infrastructure to support 1 million+ users, employee salaries and benefits, bonuses, and most importantly corporate profits. SWGEMU's cost much run much much lower I would imagine based on the existing "pay the bills" budget of $600/month.

Most people in game, I feel couldn't argue that they could afford $1-$5/month. Not really sure what to make your comment "your American dollars". Can't tell if it should be read as a slam or not. If it is, it's unnecessary, if it's not then I apologize in advance for being defensive.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    You are so beautiful! to mee!!! Omg im about to go into withdraws lol! I havent felt this way since the first release of the game. lol!

Thread Information