Play Stats
    Inactive

TC: Nova Crafting Stress-Test 02/11/2012

TC: Nova Crafting Stress-Test

February 11th, 2012
    The SWGEmu Development Division

TC: Nova Crafting Stress-Test - 02/11/2012

OK this time we get down to business,

We will start off at 3PM EST with a QA meeting in the IRC #openqa channel (one hour before the crafting stress-test) meeting will be open to public.

After the meeting, starting at 4 PM EST (check your local time here) on Saturday (February 11th), the developers and QA are looking to perform a massive crafting stress-test on TC: Nova that will last roughly 3 hours. We need as many people as possible to log in, so please join us and Nova's rapid progression by contributing to our latest crafting stress-test!

PLEASE NOTE: TC: NOVA is not going to be wiped, we strongly suggest you log on to you characters a few hours before the QA meeting and crafting test and start producing necessary components.

WHAT EXACTLY DO WE NEED TO TEST?

We would like to test crafting, all areas. We want to know about issues with schematis, about broken schematics, components not working/affecting schematics, not producing the correct item, experimentation not working. Every single thing needs to be tested and retested. Any and all bugs need to be reported on Mantis (Bug Tracker).

WILL WE NEED FACTORIES?

Yes, factories will be necessary for crafting required identical components. All other structure deeds except factory deeds will be removed from Blue Frogs. World spawns (lairs) around major cities will also be disabled, that should keep the landscape clean and safe for factory placement.

ARE FACTORIES STILL SLOW?

Factories have been edited to produce 1 item per second.

WHERE?
    Nova Test Center (TC: Nova)

WHEN?
    4:00 PM - 7 PM EST (GMT-5)

HOW?
    Make a character on TC: Nova, use Character Builder Terminals (Blue Frogs) that can be found in front of every star port, to learn one of the crafting professions, or to obtain tools and resources deeds

IS QUALITY OF WHAT WE CRAFT IMPORTANT?
    No, the most important thing is to see if the crafting process works properly, and to find out if and what parts of crafting process are buggy, broken or missing.

WILL NOVA BE WIPED AGAIN?
    No, TC: Nova will not be wiped before we begin this crafting stress-test.

WHAT ABOUT LIBERATOR?
    For the duration for this stress-test Liberator will be OFFLINE.

Once again log in as many characters as your computer can handle. Remember this is not just stress test, there are specific tasks we need to complete. Those who never submitted a bug report should check this guide first: How to report bugs on Bug Tracker (Mantis). A well written bug report will make QA's job much easier. Remember to keep up-to-date on our testing information, and check as often as you can End of Liberator Milestone.

- The SWGEmu Development Division
    Last edited by Vlada; 02-11-2012 at 05:03 PM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    if i got the time right 9pm-12am GMT then i will be there.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    First yea!
    EDIT: Damn....! Second
    Last edited by makednoce; 02-10-2012 at 08:39 AM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    nice.jpg

Why does it have to be wiped tho? doesnt it add more stress with the database being more populated?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by ashur View Post
    nice.jpg

Why does it have to be wiped tho? doesnt it add more stress with the database being more populated?
    I assume this has to do with the old DB items causing issues themselves. Probably want to start with a clean slate to get a new, and accurate bug listing.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Shibby! Cant wait!

as a lill question here ... is the Bug concerning "identical" and "similar" items use in (at least) all Archi crafted installations / houses / etc. alrdy. known ? I couldnt find
    anything within a quick search in Mantis .. i'm currently at work hence my limited effort researching ... if that wouldnt be in Mantis yet i'd make a report prior to the stress test ...

thx for anyone who could mybe help me with that answer ..

CHeeers!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    if any one can help me out am planning on testing ranger/camps/traps crafting and usage a couple of bodies on the hill south of cnet would be appriciated to lessen the xp max time so can check from novice scout to ranger
    COMMON SENSE COSTS EXTRA
    <ISR> Ifourq Noti
    vendor ISR CRITTERS AN POWER
    -5790 6287 on naboo nth of theed

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by ifour View Post
    if any one can help me out am planning on testing ranger/camps/traps crafting and usage a couple of bodies on the hill south of cnet would be appriciated to lessen the xp max time so can check from novice scout to ranger
    You don't have to grind! Just get XP + skills from the bluefrog and then go crafting...

Me, I'll try to be there at least some of the time. And put a few guys in a camp, if needed. Just publish a location...

One more question: Is there any overview of the things "Not Yet Implemented" (like BioEnhancers), so we don't even have to start testing those?

ps.: Other NYI also welcome: Taming creatures, milking, collecting eggs...

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy En View Post
    You don't have to grind! Just get XP + skills from the bluefrog and then go crafting...

Me, I'll try to be there at least some of the time. And put a few guys in a camp, if needed. Just publish a location...

One more question: Is there any overview of the things "Not Yet Implemented" (like BioEnhancers), so we don't even have to start testing those?

ps.: Other NYI also welcome: Taming creatures, milking, collecting eggs...

Check the EOL Milestone, every profession that needs testing is listed there.

• Starting Professions
      • Artisan
        • All crafting schematics usable and items produced
    • Crafting -- needs testing
      • Artisan
      • Armorsmith
      • Weaponsmith
      • Architect
      • Tailor

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Ill try to be there... Will test Smuggler and CM

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Sadly i wont be able to make it

One suggestion, tho it might not be needed, but maybe checklists for the different professions would be useful, so people could work more efficient by deviding the schematics to be tested. Someone could do armorsmith schematics from line 1 to 20 and someone else the next few etc etc.

I know it doesnt work 100% this way since a subcomponent might be in the first 20 so someone doing some other schematic might still have to craft those but it may still help a bit

This way people wouldnt have to test so many different schematics and could be more thorough with the ones they are testing (like testing maxing out experimentation on different stats, if that is even needed)

Just a suggestion from someone who wishes he could be there at saturday

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Sounds good!

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Sure Ill come stress test! Sounds like a good time crafting and all. Maybe my favorite shirt will be working with tailor!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    There and testing. Made armors, house, various components, clothes, vehicles, tools... so far no problems. Didn't do any factories yet.

One problem so far but not related to crafting. Cities have no name on map. Someone did too much DB "cleaning"? Or is it my client bug?
    Last edited by PlagueBlack; 02-10-2012 at 06:52 PM.

Developer currently known as cRush
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by PlagueBlack View Post
    There and testing. Made armors, house, various components, clothes, vehicles, tools... so far no problems. Didn't do any factories yet.

One problem so far but not related to crafting. Cities have no name on map. Someone did too much DB "cleaning"? Or is it my client bug?
    Cities are a WIP
    Developer formerly known as cRush

Thread Information