Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Regular Liberator back ONLINE - 11/20/2011

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Sigh...

Lets get real, no new professions, planets, JTL, theme parks, GCW, blah, blah. We need to draw a crowd with what we already have, not waste more devs time on a simple stress test.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    how about holding liberator hostage.

add all the good stuff, jedi blue frogs etc, then turn liberator off, and say that it will not be brought back online until you get the numbers online that you want.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    i don't have disks yet so i am not sure if you guys did this but simply increasing the XP gain (char and crafting), drop rates and farming rates?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    increased from the already increased rates?
    HI MY NAME IS LOBREEZE

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Teisei View Post
    i don't have disks yet so i am not sure if you guys did this but simply increasing the XP gain (char and crafting), drop rates and farming rates?
    XP is already x2 and drop rates... dunno, feels like x10.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    im so glad to see my simple suggestions have spawned a heated debate, too bad its the usual comments about "nge teenagers" or griping about jedi. It all comes down to the haves vs the have nots. Debating about all of this in forums wont get anyone a jedi any faster, go grind, or dont. I personally fail to see the point of debating a "funserver" that is going to be wiped and be gone one way or another.

Oh the intelligence! I weep, for the intelligence!

Surface Marshal Rahl/501st Imperial Legion
    {LP}/(AL1)/{ML}

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    ya ik they should do that

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Frogs with skill learning, free buffs, food, spice, armor, good enough stuff that will allow pvp. If I remember correctly, every time there were frogs there was more pvp than without frogs. Important is to have "decent" stuff on the frog (a 350 8.0 T21 won't cut it) with which people can start pvp'ing. Nothing attracts people more than some good pvp.

Most people don't want to grind & farm when everything is going to be lost...especially if we're talking about days - weeks.
    Make sure there is some loot table so those who really like farming have some incentive to play (this is also linked to pvp...that's for what the loot serves anyway).
    Make sure there is a jedi system that you can complete in a couple of days.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnClark View Post
    Frogs with skill learning, free buffs, food, spice, armor, good enough stuff that will allow pvp. If I remember correctly, every time there were frogs there was more pvp than without frogs. Important is to have "decent" stuff on the frog (a 350 8.0 T21 won't cut it) with which people can start pvp'ing. Nothing attracts people more than some good pvp.

Most people don't want to grind & farm when everything is going to be lost...especially if we're talking about days - weeks.
    Make sure there is some loot table so those who really like farming have some incentive to play (this is also linked to pvp...that's for what the loot serves anyway).
    Make sure there is a jedi system that you can complete in a couple of days.
    Amen to that.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Okay. I expected that you wanted things that wouldn't force a recompile of the server, so that leaves out quests and enabling the theme parks.

Touching the resource database so we can access all resources for crafting. I think that crafters and surveyors would like that more than being handed the resources, and it will make them spend time gathering the resources.

Besides that, I can only think things like giving a Forum achievement if you have played more than X hours in Lib-T, "QA honorary assistant" or something like that.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Seriously, just run Liberator on the cloud test. Transfer all our character data over, and when it's done, transfer it all back. No wipe, just continue playing, and host an event or 3 to bring the people from differnet timezones on at the same time. It's really quite simple, and does not require any work to do.
    Last edited by Superjebus; 11-22-2011 at 12:13 PM. Reason: spelling
    <RYYK>
    Not a Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivojedi View Post
    Considering that I wrote the code to make it that way, yes, I'm sure.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Not to exclude the possibility, but just linking the DB to the cloud would be extremely risky. For the overall purpose of increasing stability we wouldn't want the currently-on-the-box character data to be corrupted in any way. As such, "just running Liberator on the cloud test" is more easily said than done, but we'll see what can be done to improve the experience and provide a better incentive with the tools we have on Liberator coding.
    Revanis
    Retired SWGEmu Staff
    Active Nobody

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelRahl View Post
    im so glad to see my simple suggestions have spawned a heated debate, too bad its the usual comments about "nge teenagers" or griping about jedi. It all comes down to the haves vs the have nots. Debating about all of this in forums wont get anyone a jedi any faster, go grind, or dont. I personally fail to see the point of debating a "funserver" that is going to be wiped and be gone one way or another.

Oh the intelligence! I weep, for the intelligence!
    +10 - I totally agree

Play Stats
    Inactive
    oh ok, as i said i don't have disks yet so i wasn't able to play. :'(

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by argonyxon View Post
    yea. i stopped being @@@@@ and rewrite my post :-)

@vlada we will have jtl in 1.0 ? i thought devs dropped the jtl idea .. or 1 dev worked on it... anyway souund ver very good :-)

i must miss something... what legacy means ?
    Well they have added Shipwright and Pilot sections to the Professions forums so hopefully there will be JTL in 1.0

Thread Information