Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Regular Liberator back ONLINE - 11/20/2011

Retired SWGEmu Staff
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Thanks for all the suggestions. We are not ready to start a new Liberator yet but hopefully we can include enough new things in the next LiberatorTest to get the stress needed to analyze the cloud performance.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Lol @ all the people trying to get LibCloud to transfer to Lib.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
    if you think that anything you say here will have any impact on Suncrusher, think again.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Why does it seem that people feel the only way to test is through promoting Jedi pvp? And why does there have to be a reward for testing?

You guys talk about how the NGE "I want it now" generation ruined SWG...

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Galaxy doesn't revolve around just Jedi and PVP.

ಠ_ಠ

Time has come for another great Jedi purging. Have at thee! Oh wait, that's D&D talk.

Tera Kasi Novice

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Hum...

First, resources. As apparently the cloud server won't be up for more than a week, I suggest to tamper with the resources and make all them pop, but with a twist: devote one planet to minerals, one planet to chemicals, one planet to gas, one to flora, etc. This way crafters will be assured to locate all materials, and surveyors will go into a surveying spree that will make them happy. This will encourage planet jumping, which I'm not sure if it is the kind of activity you are looking for. I guess crafters and surveyors will like this more than having the materials handed to them.

May be something to attract also Entertainers and Doctors, but I'm not sure what.

If it weren't a waste of time, I'd suggest adding some quests to the server so players have something to do besides PvP. You could also have a few volunteers for being chased around the server, jumping from planet to planet, etc. Any successful "catch" might reward something cool. What to reward? No idea.

About the Jedi, it's a pity that the Mel mission is a bottleneck for Force progression. On itself, it would have made for a terrific quest for Jedi PvE teams.

The problem with SWG is that it has very few quests, i.e. "things to do", and Lib has all the theme park dungeons non-functional.
    Last edited by Darth Nautas; 11-21-2011 at 02:53 PM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Blue frogs.
    Good Weapons and armor on the frogs
    and jedi

Just to clarify, I am not an NGE jedi teenager. I was on SWG at launch, and played it all the way to NGE. I never got jedi before the village, and finally got my jedi after the village. I was not a full template when CU hit, so I never really got to play a full template jedi in pre-cu, so for me it would be nice to play a full template jedi just to see what it was like. I am not a pvp'er so personally I would not be sitting in the star port swinging my saber around.

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudonim View Post
    Why does it seem that people feel the only way to test is through promoting Jedi pvp?
    hmm not sure i understand this.... do you mean Jedi AND PVP..... if so, then because primarily there is not much else to do on liberator..... you have litterally 4 things to do on liberator, PVP, Craft, grind Jedi and Hunt for loot, but that last one I would say doesnt count because you either hunt for loot to get leet gear for pvp, or you hunt for loot to buy a holo for jedi... so i would say there is really only 3 things to do.

And why does there have to be a reward for testing?
    there shouldnt be really, but the problem is that this community has had a play server now for nearly 2 years (be it a bad representation of the original) so to ask them to go back to testing is a pretty big ask. its like you have a kid and you let that kid grow up on sweets only, to ask it to try something more healthy is unfair, it should not have been given the sweets ion the first place.

You guys talk about how the NGE "I want it now" generation ruined SWG...
    Liberator is not an official server, its a joke server, its so broken its not even funny any more. sure it was fun at first when it was new and lets be honest, as broke as it is its the closest thing to the original. but eventually it will be wiped. At the moment it works because it is appeasing the crowd and the donations it brings in make this project continue. but the fact is that liberator gets old really fast and the ideas i have proposed for it, I would imagine to be quite straight forward and will add a bit more fun to the game. anyone who has asked for something to be implemented to liberator in this thread has only done it because the current system, be that pvp, crafting, jedi, doesnt work for whatever reason, and before it gets wiped for nova to take its place, want a bit of fun.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    give some gratis to ppls on Regular Lib for ppls who tested... help with force and jedi progression or a holo would be good....

IGNs: Srith Aine, Arhitector ArgonyX

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Add some new game enhancements, that might get the required numbers from a game like WoW
    Lorem ipsum dolor Galaxiae bellorum sidus swgemu Aemulatrix.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by reforse View Post
    Add some new game enhancements, that might get the required numbers from a game like WoW
    you mean items? its ok or quest .. good idea
    Last edited by argonyxon; 11-21-2011 at 07:00 PM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by argonyxon View Post
    The sarcasm was clearly lost on yourself.
    HI MY NAME IS LOBREEZE

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by argonyxon View Post
    Maybe a few missing professions, cities and player housing. Maybe JTL too.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Don't forget gcw oh AND legacy
    HI MY NAME IS LOBREEZE

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobreeze View Post
    The sarcasm was clearly lost on yourself.
    yea. i stopped being @@@@@ and rewrite my post :-)

@vlada we will have jtl in 1.0 ? i thought devs dropped the jtl idea .. or 1 dev worked on it... anyway souund ver very good :-)

i must miss something... what legacy means ?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Again, the only thing you are missing is the sarcasm. . .
    HI MY NAME IS LOBREEZE

Thread Information