Page 9 of 65 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 59 ... LastLast

Thread: Server downtime 10/18/11

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Yep, I was on Eclipse from launch upto shortly after CU/NGE. I forget guilds name but I think toons names were Evole, shevale, and stuff like that. Guild leader was Agit, a badass WS

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by kxrider235 View Post
    I played on starsider. I had a awesome Weaponsmith business going. Wasn't a whole lot of weapons being sold but man those factories were pumping out nades 24/7. I couldn't keep enough in stock to put on my vendors LOL. If I remember right I was turning 1 Mil credit profit a month from those nades. Theed was also the most populated city back then and I was just outside of Theed to the SW.
    Only a million? During the "village" Jedi grind, Grenades were the quickest way of grinding up the combat xp, i knew of two weaponsmiths that were doing several million a week from those alone, was insane, some purely dedicated to making grenandes.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganonheart View Post
    Only a million? During the "village" Jedi grind, Grenades were the quickest way of grinding up the combat xp, i knew of two weaponsmiths that were doing several million a week from those alone, was insane, some purely dedicated to making grenandes.
    yh ppl made mad amounts

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthMartyn View Post
    yh ppl made mad amounts
    quit the game with 7 or 800m cred from nades and food on Valcyn.

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    For everyone that made SWGEMU possible Thank you very much!!!! I left swg live as soon as they copied world of warcrap and allowed us to be jedi, bh, smuggler all with the click of a mouse. Man i was so pissed all the grinding and the hard work was thrown out the window. BUT what you guys have done is great allowing us swg fans the chance to once again play the best MMO and with v1.0 on the works its only going to get better. Ill be a permanent resident thats for sure, and when i get financially stable i will be making donation to keep the project running and working for many years ahead. Thank you for bringing back the force!!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by zatt View Post
    Got to say - as a retired USAF network operator I find it hard to believe a HDD failure downed the server for a day. Having a server down for an entire day was tolerated for difficult to diagnose software issues - or communications failures outside of our control (AKA the "phone" company) -- but a hard drive??? Then you say this isn't the first hardware outage? I'd have serious questions for your data center.
    Got to say - one suspects the USAF has a slightly larger budget and few more full time staff.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by retto View Post
    the little kids who cried for jedi as a starting profession arent still playing .. they have SHORT attention spans .. they all played wow for a little bit , now theyre either in tor beta or waiting for BF3 ..
    QFE. Couldn't have said it better.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    hey im in the Tor beta wait list, thats where I found out about SWG emu. had i known the emu was here I never would pre ordered tor, but now that i have it will be my back up for when our server is down. I was force sensitive in SWG before the end, tor may be my only chance of being a jedi.

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Oh EMU i miss you so much already 2 days off and down goes the game. Well no matter what your still better then SGW main.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by hamiltonguy420 View Post
    is it really so bad when this happens???
    all the addicts can finally get some sleep....i feel so refreshed..
    I couldn't sleep at all, tossed and turned all night.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I must /agree with most of the posts above in that I think we all owe the Devs and Vlada and his team a big THANK YOU!! for all the hard work they put in VOLUNTARILY on this project. We all love this game so much and to find people who are willing to give up there time to give this back to the community I must say I have to take my hat off to ya guys/gals (don't want to upset anyone) you have done a magnificent job.
    The downtime we all have to suffer is a very very small hardship for us for the work you do for us, we really really do appreciate it honestly, even if some seems to complain a little they dont really mean it, just fustration kicks in and wild things are said.

I played on Tarquinas for a long time in my guild Generations (tag:) and as guild leader of them for a while, what a great bunch of people I must say. I really did miss not being able to play SWG as like most people I was not happy with the changes SOE adopted. My main was a toon called Tornadium. I made Jedi before CU and NGE which was excellent to be for a while before it was ruined.

Keep up the good work Vlada on keeping us updated on progress even if this means there is no progress, we are all behind you 100%.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by wjenet View Post
    Got to say - one suspects the USAF has a slightly larger budget and few more full time staff.
    One would be correct in one's suspicions

In no way should my question about the datacenter the dev team has chosen be taken for a criticism of the dev team - these guys have brought enjoyment to many people and are to be applauded (often).
    Zatt guides: Aliases...Energy & Power

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Takoma View Post
    I must /agree with most of the posts above in that I think we all owe the Devs and Vlada and his team a big THANK YOU!! for all the hard work they put in VOLUNTARILY on this project. We all love this game so much and to find people who are willing to give up there time to give this back to the community I must say I have to take my hat off to ya guys/gals (don't want to upset anyone) you have done a magnificent job.
    The downtime we all have to suffer is a very very small hardship for us for the work you do for us, we really really do appreciate it honestly, even if some seems to complain a little they dont really mean it, just fustration kicks in and wild things are said.

Keep up the good work Vlada on keeping us updated on progress even if this means there is no progress, we are all behind you 100%.
    This^

never played SWG before but heard a lot about it, been in liberator a week or two, am loving the mechanics and feel of it

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Im new to SWGemu and just wanted to try and show my appreciation.
    I used to play SWG until shortly after the CU as many others, and have just recently found SWGemu again,
    Last I looked along time ago, it was not even really playable. but now, I am extremely Excited again. Been playing on Liberator
    for the past few weeks and it has been great getting back into the game. See I am disabled and in moderate to extreme pain on a
    regular basis. Because of that fact money is always tight so, a paid subscription to any game is difficult if not impossible. Being able to
    get back into the game has been amazing for me, because while I am concentrating on the game and what I am dooing and where I am
    going in game it really helps me manage my pain levels. so Thank You SWGemu. you are not only bringing back a great game the way it
    should have been kept, but giving us players one of the best MMOs ever to relive our "Glory Days"

So again, Thank you

P.S.
    I hope the process of getting the servers back up and running is smooth sailing and quick. (yes I do check hourly LOL)

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Any word yet on when it might come back up?

Thread Information