Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 15 55 61 62 63 64 65

Thread: Server downtime 10/18/11

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    To ease the withdrawals of downtime... and this works great...everyone locate and pick up the Star Wars Galaxies box and place it under your nose and take a big whiff... it's going to be okay... we're all going to get thru this together!

Now, take another whiff of that box, even fondling your SWG manual if you must. We can do this! We WILL get thru this downtime, all for one! Now place both of your pinky-fingers into the spiral backing of your SWG Manual, wedging them in nice and tight like...Now close your eyes and pretend your fingers are stuck in a high-tech chinese finger trap from the future... which you've just won from the Lugjack machine or the Jubilee Wheel! Feeling better, I hope. Goodnight SWGEmu'ers. I really am a jokester and do not mean to ruffle feathers. One reason I hate text as it doesn't show the smile or voice inflexions. Oh well, hope I made friends, not anemones.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaddynnstarr View Post
    Revan, I take issue with the MTBF being listed as a substantial increase of risk of failure here... MTBF is not really a good measure for reliability on raid arrays due to the fact it doesnt take into accont that a raid fixes itself by most means when a drive fails... I do know that on SSD's unless you run a data management prog on it, you can burn out a SSD much faster, but that is an inherent risk of using the drive period... and these are HDD's we are talking about... so... no data management needed.
    What I was told: we do not have a RAID card for performance checks, as the HDDs are hosted virtually as a single entity. Software RAID.

As for the name, I don't recall it right now but you may be able to dig it up on the forums somewhere..
    Revanis
    Retired SWGEmu Staff
    Active Nobody

Play Stats
    Inactive
    This thread has gotten far out of hand. Future information WILL be made available to you all, but we'll do it elsewhere. In the meantime, you are all welcome to join the IRC network for chatter, but I can't promise any other information may be made available that otherwise wouldn't be posted here on the forums, so it's just a place to hang out.

Closed.
    Revanis
    Retired SWGEmu Staff
    Active Nobody

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Latest news:

Code:
    [03:07] <@TheAnswer> we are still copying the files
    [03:07] <@TheAnswer> if its not done by tomorrow i will proceed without it
    [03:10] <%Vlada> What does "proceed without it" mean? Reinstall  everything without mysql data, That's equal to wipe, right?
    [03:10] <@TheAnswer> yeah

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Finally some good news, or devs were able to to recover pretty much all the mysql so none of the character data is lost. When we have the OS installed and running, TA will have to test the latest data, if its not consistent Liberator will be rolled back to October 14th.

Of course all this takes time, rough guesstimate... 24 hours or more.

Once again we apologize it took us this long to recover the data and we thank you for your patience and support.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    No problems so far, just that damn thing called real life. It always messes things up.

Talked to TA, turns out he had a hell of a day, he is going to try to test the mysql data now... if he doesn't fall asleep in the process.

Of course all this takes time, rough guesstimate... 24 hours or more.
    Last edited by Vlada; 10-25-2011 at 09:32 PM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Code:
    [23:22] <%Vlada> Time for some news, good or bad. Even no news can pass as news right now.
    [23:23] <@TheAnswer> Last Updated:    23 hours ago
    [23:24] <@TheAnswer> that's the ticket i sent for replacing the bad HDD
    [23:24] <@TheAnswer> 23hours ago and still waiting
    [23:24] <%Vlada> host didn't replace it?
    [23:25] <@TheAnswer> not yet
    [23:25] <@TheAnswer> we needed it to recover the data
    [23:25] <%Vlada> lovely
    Well folks it looks like its out of our hands, we cant do anything until our host replaces that damaged HDD.

Since we cant do anything until they do what needs to be done, we are back to no ETA.

Sorry.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Code:
    [23:31] <@TheAnswer> they just replied
    [23:31] <%Vlada> and?
    [23:32] <@TheAnswer> they reinstalled OS
    [23:32] <@TheAnswer> i can see all the drives now
    [23:32] <%Vlada> \o/
    [23:32] <~Odwill> finally
    [23:32] <~Odwill> good news though
    [23:32] <%Vlada> Will we see Lib tonight?
    [23:32] <@TheAnswer> i hope so
    [23:32] <@TheAnswer> i am working on it
    Fingers crossed.

Last edited by Vlada; 10-26-2011 at 09:43 PM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    EDIT - Further note: Login server appears to be having some issues. No ETA on it's revival; Liberator still remains up but can't be accessed.

LIBERATOR IS CURRENTLY UP -- The next 24 hours are a test to determine stability, so DO NOT get too comfortable just yet. We're not completely out of the woods.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    UPDATE: Login server is functional.

However, Liberator is still in a stage of potential instability, so please be wary of that.
    Revanis
    Retired SWGEmu Staff
    Active Nobody

Thread Information