Page 63 of 65 FirstFirst ... 13 53 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 LastLast

Thread: Server downtime 10/18/11

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Playing COH whilst waiting for server return.

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Just a quick reminder just in case we do get wiped and our macros go along with it... I would copy/paste all your macros that is found on your Launchpad Enhanced under the Macro Option. Just click on the fold out menu for your specific account, then click on your macro, then it will appear in the middle window where you can copy it to your note-pad or whatever on your PC. You all probably already thought to do this long ago... It just took me this long to think of it. :P

Happy Emu-shakes all Think I'll actually go down and cook a hot meal. take care all! hehe

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post

Liberator, bugs and development

The SWGEmu Community Division

New players guide, start here

Hello new community member and welcome to SWGEmu.

Please take the time, read these few simple guidelines and familiarize yourself with Liberator and other parts of this project:
    • Liberator is a temporary server, it will be wiped. Wipe means everything goes, your toons, items, credits, XP. This is a development project, there will be many wipes before 1.0 is released
    • Liberator wipe is not scheduled, there is no ETA, no need to ask.
    *snip*
    Well this is all wrong then. For the last 4 days, fixing Liberator has been the entire focus of the dev team. The players like myself were not the first to start calling for a wipe, the devs were. Stop flaming people asking for a wipe. Stop crying about losing something you were told you could never keep.
    Last edited by Revanis; 10-22-2011 at 03:06 AM.
    <RYYK>
    Not a Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivojedi View Post
    Considering that I wrote the code to make it that way, yes, I'm sure.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjebus View Post
    Well this is all wrong then. For the last 4 days, fixing Liberator has been the entire focus of the dev team. The players like myself were not the first to start calling for a wipe, the devs were. Stop flaming people asking for a wipe. Stop crying about losing something you were told you could never keep.
    more importantly... just drop it none of us have any control over it

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjebus View Post
    There is a difference between asking for a(nother) wipe and waiting for the EXPECTED wipe. The expected one for when better code is complete and playable.

Edit: Just edited out the rest because it was a HUEG quote, sorry.
    Last edited by Revanis; 10-22-2011 at 03:17 AM.
    Revanis
    Retired SWGEmu Staff
    Active Nobody

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniMe View Post
    ... I'm liking this Kodan's profession calculator on the Launchpad!
    No kiddin', nice app.

/hi5 kodan

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by wjenet View Post
    No kiddin', nice app.

/hi5 kodan
    Is there an iPhone app for Kodan's profession calculator??

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayer45 View Post
    Playing COH whilst waiting for server return.
    LOL CoH huh? me and my hubby played that for a few years too. :P I had too many heroes!

My mains were: Dr. Membrane (strictly empath healer/buffer), Solid Fury (tank fire-ice), Ultra Rad (don't remember but had radiation-ice, not sure if defender or what), Protektor (scrapper-spines), Cottn'Candy (defender-kinetics), NyQuill (dark def. quills), Abby Normal (don't remember), Crimsin Bride, (blaster awesome power) Vivid Velocity (forget), Whirlwind Wonder (forget), Lavender Lace (forget), MiniMe (forget) (was miniature version of hubby's Dr. Evil toon) We had tons of fun on that game but it was never quite as good as this one. In fact I went searching for something remotely LIKE this one and never found a good replacement.

I tried: CoH, LOTRO, 2nd Life (suckville), Gates of Andron, Ogame, Battleknight, Gladiatus, Evony, eveOnline, and a whole host of facebook games just cuz they were free and cut the boredom. Nope SWG is a one-of-a-kind game for this old gal!

Oh and PS to the SuperJEbus who posted an older post about Liberator wipes. After that post they made it so the Liberator was more stable and would suffer less wipes as long as we still tested the TC:Nova server. I forget where I read it but they definitely announced that they would not wipe Liberator as often has they had been doing... that if we were okay with the liberator not having some things implemented they could leave us be and work on the OR with TC: Nova. Soooo.... find that post and you will see that Lib was not going to suffer many wipes after that. LOVE YOU EMU COMMUNITY!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I hate it when hardware fails. But you never know when hardware is going to fail. I bought a brand new HDD and it died within hours, got it replaced and its pushing on 6 years old. anyone and any company that rely on computers can and does see hardware failures, they run the same odds as everyone else with a single component. Even if they switched to another data center running new or old equipment can see the same failures. Its the same as asking someone (thats not planning on killing themselves) how long they are going to live.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    awwww man!
    Guess I have to traverse the horribleness of runescape!
    Can't find my Roller Coaster Tycoon CD.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Just as an FYI, your macros are located (on Win7) at C:\SWGEmu\profiles\accountname\macros.txt. Keep a copy of it. If for some reason we have to make new accounts with new login names just drop the file into the new accountname directory and it should just work.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniMe View Post
    I tried: CoH, LOTRO, 2nd Life (suckville), Gates of Andron, Ogame, Battleknight, Gladiatus, Evony, eveOnline, and a whole host of facebook games just cuz they were free and cut the boredom. Nope SWG is a one-of-a-kind game
    Feel your pain there...Eve online, DDO, RF online, Lineage 2, Guild Wars, LOTRO, Runescape, Ultima Online along with one or 2 others im sure Im forgetting...all in an attempt to find a game that kept my attention like swg had been able too.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by madmax2069 View Post
    I hate it when hardware fails. But you never know when hardware is going to fail. I bought a brand new HDD and it died within hours, got it replaced and its pushing on 6 years old. anyone and any company that rely on computers can and does see hardware failures, they run the same odds as everyone else with a single component. Even if they switched to another data center running new or old equipment can see the same failures. Its the same as asking someone (thats not planning on killing themselves) how long they are going to live.
    while this is true, 80% of hardware fails or greater can be detected by hardware monitoring software.... and those are better odds then the 100% "WTF just happened" crashes... look im not saying its gonna solve the problem 100% or prevent it 100% all im sayin is, you will likely be forwarned of a problem and able to start recovery much sooner then if you dont have it.

As for the part about asking how long you are gonna live... which is gonna live longer... the guy who uses a doc to monitor his health and finds a heart problem and fixes it before its too late, or the poor sap who has no doc and has the same problem.....

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerzon View Post
    Feel your pain there...Eve online, DDO, RF online, Lineage 2, Guild Wars, LOTRO, Runescape, Ultima Online along with one or 2 others im sure Im forgetting...all in an attempt to find a game that kept my attention like swg had been able too.
    Yeah I found myself always trying to craft something cursing under my breath saying, "Man, why can this be like SWG?" over and over again! lol Hey, how was Guildwars? Me and hubby were tempted, very tempted to try it but never did. I heard it was similar to SWG???

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Been a while since are last update. No news is the same news? (Still cloning data from the bad HDDs?)

P.S. The topic is not about Guild Wars.
    IGN Downhill

Thread Information