Page 61 of 65 FirstFirst ... 11 51 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 LastLast

Thread: Server downtime 10/18/11

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by boyowar View Post
    why you ask. It's beacuse it can be up and running right now if we had a wipe. now i for one would love a wipe. Make us play for something again, make the game hard. That only brings the players closer and makes them work together again. WIPE IT.
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtmills View Post
    I may be new to the forums but I am not new to the game. But people like this just get on my nerves. All they think of is themselves and no one else. Make you play for something again? Why don't you figure out how to learn to make the game what you want it to be. Why does anyone have to make you do anything. We are not paying to play this and donations are asked for and with no strings attached. But I guess that you are still under assumption that this is Sony and since you had to pay there, your voice would (theoretically) carry a little more weight. Furthermore, having a wipe would not bring people closer as you assume. I have Jedi friends all they way to never played the game before noob friends, and believe you me, we are close and work together. I don't know what crowd you hang with in game, but it seems to me that they are all self focused individuals and only care about what people can do for them and why they haven't done it in their time frame. These people ,devs, are doing this on their own time, for free so we as a community have a server that Sony screwed up years ago. And for you to demand a wipe so you can play again is being totally self focused. I say, let the devs do what they need to do. Fix what they need to fix, and take their time in order to ensure a stable platform. We owe them our respect, our gratitude, and some courtesy, and some patience. I really don't care if anyone flames me, or has any other rude comments about what I have said. Some people need to just sit back, chill and grow up
    I imagine Boyowar is one of those afk spammers who want to sell a CA or AA for 3 million credits, or has an auction item on the bazaar but is never wanting to sell it just to irk people.

I have to agree with Sgtmills and the others who are not as selfish as boyowar and all the other reprobates who can't seem to sacrifice a few days away from the EMu so that people won't be wiped. Remember, some people have a life and don't get to play as often so their spare time SWGEMu experiences are hard-earned. Where one peon can grind to Master in 2 days, someone else who actually HAS a life outside of SWG may need several weeks to gain their desired templates. I don't think making money in game is as easy as you say it is. Sure, if you're one of those people who spam-loot and sell cave loot, then maybe, but some of us don't do that. Be a little more patient, people. I know a lot of us would appreciate it if you stopped demanding the server to be wiped.

IF there were no other way, then sure, but they are working hard NOT to wipe it and I think that this is not only commendable, but also very smart.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by luttikrob View Post
    LOL, I remember this. It came out BEFORE JTL!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Thanks for the update hope all works out!!

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniMe View Post
    I imagine Boyowar is one of those afk spammers who want to sell a CA or AA for 3 million credits, or has an auction item on the bazaar but is never wanting to sell it just to irk people.

I have to agree with Sgtmills and the others who are not as selfish as boyowar and all the other reprobates who can't seem to sacrifice a few days away from the EMu so that people won't be wiped. Remember, some people have a life and don't get to play as often so their spare time SWGEMu experiences are hard-earned. Where one peon can grind to Master in 2 days, someone else who actually HAS a life outside of SWG may need several weeks to gain their desired templates. I don't think making money in game is as easy as you say it is. Sure, if you're one of those people who spam-loot and sell cave loot, then maybe, but some of us don't do that. Be a little more patient, people. I know a lot of us would appreciate it if you stopped demanding the server to be wiped.

IF there were no other way, then sure, but they are working hard NOT to wipe it and I think that this is not only commendable, but also very smart.
    im not demading anything at all. i voiced my opinion. lol you funny by the way i dont have time to play like most and im one of those that it takes 3 weeks to get something done. due to the time i have to play and my family needing me FTY.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    yea i took it didn''t help much one reason why im in the corps. where you stationed at by the way ??
    Lol, I am out now, done my time and was medically discharged due to being hit by a 5-ton. I have been to Ca, NC, and Okinawa. Not to mention multiple deployments here and there. I feel your pain, I really do. But understand that this is the civilian side of things. If you must, remember the old saying, "Hurry up and wait." Frustrating as it was then, it never honestly got any better with complaining. If anything, SNCO's would start playing their little games. Remember, this isn't war time Devil, this is life. Semper Fi

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Lol, I am out now, done my time and was medically discharged due to being hit by a 5-ton. I have been to Ca, NC, and Okinawa. Not to mention multiple deployments here and there. I feel your pain, I really do. But understand that this is the civilian side of things. If you must, remember the old saying, "Hurry up and wait." Frustrating as it was then, it never honestly got any better with complaining. If anything, SNCO's would start playing their little games. Remember, this isn't war time Devil, this is life. Semper Fi
    man i know i wasn't rude at all that man just flamed me. there is nothing i said that hasnt already been said. why he picked me i dont know i just wont stand for it.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I think you guys have been doing a pretty good job considering. At least your not putting a band aid on it and saying all is fine. I hated when SOE did that.
    Last edited by fedal; 10-21-2011 at 11:35 PM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Ease up on the off topic stuff.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Don't make vlada lock the thread!

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    im not demading anything at all. i voiced my opinion. lol you funny by the way i dont have time to play like most and im one of those that it takes 3 weeks to get something done. due to the time i have to play and my family needing me FTY.
    yeah i understand voicing your opinion, however you back it up with what YOU want which implies you are satisfied just with what you want. I believe I read you say, "I just want to play." after you reasoned that you don't want a wipe. I appreciate how much it takes to wait, however there is no reason to simply wipe it if they can recover it. I'm thinking of others. I do want to play also, but not at the cost of costing someone their hard work and valuables IF there is another way. I guess its just perception. I perceive that waiting in the mire of boredom is a small sacrifice to pay if that means it'll save others from and myself from being wiped. You perceive that you don't want a wipe either, however you just want them to wipe it anyway so as not to prolong the agony of your boredom.

Let's perhaps try and think positive and let them have the time they are asking for to fix it. I trust their judgement very much, when they have done all they can, they will decide when that is, we will proceed with the game... be it new or established. Until then, this is a forum and it is fun to post and read posts. There is nothing wrong with the posts multiplying as that is what a forums is all about.

Thanks for the props, just endure and know this won't last forever. I know one thing is for sure, tons of us will be very happy once it is up and running. Perhaps we will appreciate the game for a few moments more once we DO get back on. :P I wonder if any of the afk-entertainers in Cnet Cantina have realized that the server's been down for 3 days? LOL

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I may be new to the forums but I am not new to the game. But people like this just get on my nerves. All they think of is themselves and no one else. Make you play for something again? Why don't you figure out how to learn to make the game what you want it to be. Why does anyone have to make you do anything. We are not paying to play this and donations are asked for and with no strings attached. But I guess that you are still under assumption that this is Sony and since you had to pay there, your voice would (theoretically) carry a little more weight. Furthermore, having a wipe would not bring people closer as you assume. I have Jedi friends all they way to never played the game before noob friends, and believe you me, we are close and work together. I don't know what crowd you hang with in game, but it seems to me that they are all self focused individuals and only care about what people can do for them and why they haven't done it in their time frame. These people ,devs, are doing this on their own time, for free so we as a community have a server that Sony screwed up years ago. And for you to demand a wipe so you can play again is being totally self focused. I say, let the devs do what they need to do. Fix what they need to fix, and take their time in order to ensure a stable platform. We owe them our respect, our gratitude, and some courtesy, and some patience. I really don't care if anyone flames me, or has any other rude comments about what I have said. Some people need to just sit back, chill and grow up

Here Here well said and I agree whole Heartedly.

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    PS: Boyowar I apologize for accusing you of being selffish. I don't know you so that was unfair and wrong of me. I just hope you can hang on a tad longer in the hopes that they won't need to wipe the servers.

Play Stats
    Inactive

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
    Ease up on the off topic stuff.
    Yeah, keep complaining about still not being able to play.

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Wow ok man calm down. And lets not start running your mouth about people. I i didn't say anything bad about your nore did i put you down in any way for your post. I was civil in what i said. Oh and by the way i have yet to start wining about anything nore am i a kid by anymeans. One last thing im an outdoors man and a marine i work outside through rain, snow, or shine i dont need a punck little b**** bacement dweller telling to get a life. How about you SHUT-IT and move out of your parents bacement. Run your mouth to someones face and see if those little typeing fingers will save youe a**

LOTS OF LOVE HAVE A NICE DAY
    Okay now listen and listen good.... pick up the Star Wars Galaxies box and bring it up to your nose and breath in real deep... it's going to be okay... we're all going to get thru this together! Look, I don't mean to chap your hide, but if you sound like a kid, you will be posted about as if you are a kid. You sort of came off as selffish and demanding.

Whodathunk you were not a kid? Hell, even my husband at 43 is a kid still! So calm yourself. lol It's going to be okay. Most of what I'd said was a joke... especially about staring at the sun. I'm sorry you took it seriously. Now, take another smell of that box and fondle that manual like never before. We can do this! We WILL get thru this downtime! In fact at this very moment both my pinky fingers are wedged into the spiral backing of my SWG manual as I pretend it is a high-tech chinese finger trap from the future!

We kewl? I'm sorry for upsetting you further. I was army so naturally we would have an unexplainable contention under the surface of our posts to each other... but I shall refrain from calling you a jar-head! I swear I will! hehe love ya babe, don't change.

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    VLADA? When do we get the next update from server central?

Thread Information