Page 52 of 65 FirstFirst ... 2 42 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 62 ... LastLast

Thread: Server downtime 10/18/11

Play Stats
    Inactive
    just complted both KOTORS waiting for the sever now having to recite the jed code over to calm withdrawl nerves

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by StJohn View Post
    I launched the client just to hear the login music and hovered over the buttons for the sound effect. Now, I'm watching episode IV.
    lol.. :-) after 3 day down wipe with frogs dont look too bad :-D

IGNs: Srith Aine, Arhitector ArgonyX

Play Stats
    Inactive
    You know...watching the withdrawl symptoms is actually kinda funny....

One of my two jobs is at Starbucks...and mat least once a day I have to remind my barista's and even customers: Its just coffee...nobody is going to die because they had to wait a minute for their latte...

Same thing here. Nobody has died from not playing a game....and I think we can all hold out until they fix the problem.

(All in good fun) P.S. to the 62 year old grandmother re-arranging her furniture for something to do while waiting for swg....careful not to hurt yourself! You'll prove me wrong if you do!

And yes...I am suffering from my swg addiction too.

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Rincon View Post
    Wipe lib, why waste time on a garbage broken server?
    I don't agree if it can be fixed. Why? Because maybe you don't have much value on this server but some others may. There are many things people on Liberator worked hard at getting or making and to just wipe a server because some people are "suffering" withdrawal symptoms is a very selfish attitude. IF the server can be saved at the cost of some extra days to do so, then give those who DO value it the extra time it would take to recover it.

Many have saved months in order to purchase that exorbent PH or to make those perfected buffs. To merely wipe the server because YOU say it has no value or because YOU say it's a garbage broken server does not take into consideration the hard work other individuals have put in their experience playing on Liberator and not only displays your disregard for your fellow SWGEmu player but mimics the same disrespect for the 200k+ players of the original game when they took everything THEY had worked hard for in the name of greed. Only this would be in the name of your withdrawal symptoms.

I'm willing to donate more money if that is needed, I'm willing to accept a wipe IF that is needed, but until the devs tell us that is WHAT IS NEEDED please stop talking about wiping our accounts so non-chalantly as if they don't mean anything. Thanks in advance.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Torture yes, I'm starting to regret coming back to SWG because of all the games I have and can play now with the time I have to play them (until RL knocks) The only game I want to play and feel like playing is SWG, even TOR beta doesn't fancy me at this point,.. yea this withdraw crap sucks big time..

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniMe View Post
    I don't agree if it can be fixed. Why? Because maybe you don't have much value on this server but some others may. There are many things people on Liberator worked hard at getting or making and to just wipe a server because some people are "suffering" withdrawal symptoms is a very selfish attitude. IF the server can be saved at the cost of some extra days to do so, then give those who DO value it the extra time it would take to recover it.

Many have saved months in order to purchase that exorbent PH or to make those perfected buffs. To merely wipe the server because YOU say it has no value or because YOU say it's a garbage broken server does not take into consideration the hard work other individuals have put in their experience playing on Liberator and not only displays your disregard for your fellow SWGEmu player but mimics the same disrespect for the 200k+ players of the original game when they took everything THEY had worked hard for in the name of greed. Only this would be in the name of your withdrawal symptoms.

I'm willing to donate more money if that is needed, I'm willing to accept a wipe IF that is needed, but until the devs tell us that is WHAT IS NEEDED please stop talking about wiping our accounts so non-chalantly as if they don't mean anything. Thanks in advance.
    agreed-many jedi would be so sad and bhs who put up with investigation

Inactive Code Contributors
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by refreund View Post
    sounds like a personal problem
    mmm...
    mine were only a question

let's me explain
    whatever will be of liberator , if nova is on a different machine/hd it could be restored
    the test server down is not a personal problem, it is a problem of the comunity as the bug can't be reported/signaled/replicated and succesfully closed by developers, slowing down the project.
    maybe I express myself bad in the first post, it wasn't an accuse,only a question
    Thank you.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Havokk View Post
    withdrawls growing worse.... about to have a hallucination, grab my force fx lightsaber and go fight tuskans in the local mall

seriously though Vlada we all appreciate what you and the other dev's are doing
    If you do that can you make a video and post it on youtube? :P
    Last edited by Aceblade; 10-21-2011 at 06:17 PM.
    Former QA Leader

Play Stats
    Inactive
    ^ would be hilarious

Play Stats
    Inactive
    make sure you're on the verge of crying while angry and yell i slaughtered them like animals, i HATE them!!!! put that in the youtube video

Play Stats
    Inactive
    withdrawls growing worse.... about to have a hallucination, grab my force fx lightsaber and go fight tuskans in the local mall

seriously though Vlada we all appreciate what you and the other dev's are doing
    Lol ill grab my sith gear and saly all that look at me wrong

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceblade View Post
    If you do that can you make a video on post it on youtube? :P
    sure.. my first stop will be the hipster clothing stores.... still not convinced they are completely human

Play Stats
    Inactive
    sure.. my first stop will be the hipster clothing stores.... still not convinced they are completely human
    hahahahaha

SWGEmu Retired Forum Moderator Ellyssia's Avatar
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Trick77 View Post
    mmm...

let's me explain
    whatever will be of liberator , if nova is on a different machine/hd it could be restored
    the test server down is not a personal problem, it is a problem of the comunity as the bug can't be reported/signaled/replicated and succesfully closed by developers, slowing down the project.
    maybe I express myself bad in the first post, it wasn't an accuse,only a question
    Thank you.
    TC:Nova and Liberator are on the same physical machine...
    Ellyssia
    Forum Moderator

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Trick77 View Post
    mmm...

let's me explain
    Thank you.
    It is something we have to consider, but there might be a problem. Nova is on the same machine as Liberator and i doubt anyone would care if we wipe all the char data there or not, but it shares parts of the same mysql data with Liberator. We are not really sure if running Nova while we try to rebuild Liberator char data will cause problems or not. So until we are sure, both servers will stay offline.

Thread Information