Page 48 of 65 FirstFirst ... 38 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 58 ... LastLast

Thread: Server downtime 10/18/11

Play Stats
    330h last 30d
    I just wonder about the procedure in place for backing up the system and data... it appears to be significantly vulnerable to catastrophic failure. Was there off site backup, or was the RAID array the sole backup? But this may just be a low cost approach for Liberator, rather than how things will be hosted and backed up when v1.0 goes active.

Then again, could just be the withdrawal talking.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by obsidia View Post
    I just wonder about the procedure in place for backing up the system and data... it appears to be significantly vulnerable to catastrophic failure. Was there off site backup, or was the RAID array the sole backup? But this may just be a low cost approach for Liberator, rather than how things will be hosted and backed up when v1.0 goes active.

Then again, could just be the withdrawal talking.
    This is exactly the question I asked like on page 2 that went unanswered.
    Crushu
    Retired SWGEmu Staff
    Crushu@SWGEmu.com

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | mIRC Guide | Submit a ticket

Play Stats
    330h last 30d
    Page 2 was soooo long ago... like twentyfive thousand refreshes to see if it is up yet!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterLFD View Post
    Faulty from the factory??? We've been playing on those drives for over 6 months..
    Not how I meant by faulty from the factory. Some issues surfaces after a period of time or by very special circumstances.
    Last edited by StJohn; 10-21-2011 at 02:42 PM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    wow, 47 pages... took me two days to get through them all.

I'm for supporting the devs and the the emu project. If there's a wipe, I'm for it. My desire for a wipe is inversely porportional to how many credits is in my bank account (I saw on the webpage that 40,000 credits was the average, so that's what I got in my bank) Probbaly holds true for most people. Also, my char Saule Good is only like 5 months old, so it's not like I risk losing years of history with a server wipe (it's not really a wipe if the info is lost, unexpectedly)

Play Stats
    Inactive
    gmorning all....hope all is going well....the edge of withdrawls is duller today I see. Thats good

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    They will never wipe it if they even have a slight chance of recovering it, until all of the info is completely ruined they will not give up.

I agree that i don't mind for a wipe, but do not put up the exact same server again. Give us a new jedi path or Nova's or give us blue frogs or something.

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by ledvan View Post
    I would rather they fix Lib up and get it back online as fast as possible.

The Liberator server is a vital cog in the overall picture that is the SWGEMU Brand. The experience the SWGEMU team are gaining from running Liberator is very worthwhile, in regards to maintaining the server on a daily basis, implementing Event structures, fixing issues like this one, better understanding on how to come back from Crashes etc etc.

The experienced gained here will be vital when we launch 1.0, the team will have a better understanding on how to react and save data etc when were live with 1.0, which is vital for the continuity of the Brand as a whole package.
    You sound so ignorant in this post I can't even laugh. THEY HAVE THE CODE FOR THE SERVER and everything secure, the only thing messed up rite now is the character database. Liberator is in no way vital to the project (except for donations). When it comes to suncrusher they should/would never experience this cause they will have multiple servers being ran and multiple hard drives and backups, they don't care about liberator except for donations.

Please think about what you are typing before posting again.

PS: DBL POST SRY

Play Stats
    Inactive
    The Liberator server is a vital cog in the overall picture that is the SWGEMU Brand. The experience the SWGEMU team are gaining from running Liberator is very worthwhile, in regards to maintaining the server on a daily basis, implementing Event structures, fixing issues like this one, better understanding on how to come back from Crashes etc etc.
    It seems rather simple to me, but why didn't they just have a drive with the data backed up/copied/cloned sitting off to the side somewhere?
    Rob

Klow Nee - Future Grandmaster Entertainer - Owner of (to be named later) Cantina

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by cjcolom View Post
    gmorning all....hope all is going well....the edge of withdrawls is duller today I see. Thats good
    Thats just because people are still at work and not logged on yet. We are all still going through the same withdrawls I am sure! Lol

Dedicated
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    i have today off from work... im withdrawling my balls off!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post

Update 2:

[/B]
    Code:
    [14:13] <%Vlada> You can recover Lib?
    [14:13] <@oru> yeah we are working on it
    [14:13] <@oru> there is only a slight chance though
    [14:13] <%Vlada> OK, how long? 
    [14:13] <%Vlada> tonight, tomorrow, 2 days
    [14:14] <@oru> no idea
    [14:19] <@oru> it takes so long because we want to make sure we will have more attempts to fix it
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
    BTW, devs are giving it one last shot. If this doesn't work its bye, bye Liberator.
    Did they change their minds and plan on giving it more than one last shot?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I would rather they fix Lib up and get it back online as fast as possible.

The experienced gained here will be vital when we launch 1.0, the team will have a better understanding on how to react and save data etc when were live with 1.0, which is vital for the continuity of the Brand as a whole package.
    I agree a 110%. Theres nothing more valuable then field testing your book learning. Frankly if they can recover any and all lost data....great. For all i care they can wipe it right after. As long as the experience prevents a problem like this in the future.
    Last edited by cjcolom; 10-21-2011 at 02:59 PM.

Play Stats
    4h last 30d
    I agree a 110%. Theres nothing more valuable then field testing your book learning.
    Thats the only point i was trying to male, i know i put it across like a businessman but that was for Lols.

Doesnt make what code they are using, doesnt matter if its different hardware etc etc, this isnt a huge company like SOE, **** like this is going to happen, its how they react and fix it that is better for the Emu in the long run, IMO.

Good thing is, for them to learn from what happened here and make sure it doesnt happen again in 1.0.

IGN: Ledvan / Leesolo / Lenin
    Guild:

Drop off Canejo Cantina, Dant - "Ledvendor"

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Thats the only point i was trying to male, i know i put it across like a businessman but that was for Lols.

Doesnt make what code they are using, doesnt matter if its different hardware etc etc, this isnt a huge company like SOE, **** like this is going to happen, its how they react and fix it that is better for the Emu in the long run, IMO.

Good thing is, for them to learn from what happened here and make sure it doesnt happen again in 1.0.
    I know what you meant...

Thread Information