Page 15 of 65 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Server downtime 10/18/11

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Since im new here, I guess, Ill introduce myself, Shaolin88. On SWG throughout all 3 different phases. Bria main server. Till, Urizzen, and Hogg. Im all about Bounty Hunter. Have yet to play emu since I chose to try it today haha.
    You got a purrty mouth.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by attwood201 View Post
    ahwile???
    long awhile???
    a while mean they dont know as of the moment could be a few days or a few hours no one knows

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin88 View Post
    Since im new here, I guess, Ill introduce myself, Shaolin88. On SWG throughout all 3 different phases. Bria main server. Till, Urizzen, and Hogg. Im all about Bounty Hunter. Have yet to play emu since I chose to try it today haha.
    So you're the reason it crashed....

Play Stats
    Inactive
    dont answer your door it might be a bounty hunter.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by TAfirehawk View Post
    We are trying to recover the Liberator player data and we expect this process to take awhile....no ETA sorry.
    Yeah, I'm good with a wipe too. It's only Liberator, it's not like we are going to keep these toons forever. We will loose them oneday, that day may as well be today.
    <RYYK>
    Not a Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivojedi View Post
    Considering that I wrote the code to make it that way, yes, I'm sure.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    The verdict is in! Wipe it, or at least take a poll or something.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Wouldn't happen to be against a wipe my character was bugged anyways.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Just wanted to make a point or 10...
    I played SWG from launch until the NGE, unlocked my Jedi (I think I cried when I did) before the CU, Wifey unlocked right at the CU then we got the daughter and her boyfriend playing. We played for a few years and I have to say it was the best game I have ever played. I have (2) 6' bookshelves chock full of PC video games and have been playing them forever, so I believe we have some experience in video games.
    After We quit SWG, We all tried Guild Wars, good game, but hated the instancing, too much like single player or multiplayer game.
    I tried LOTRO, City of Heroes, Anarchy Online, Dark Age of Camelot, Ultima Online, Star Trek Online, and even WOW. I never lasted more than a day or 2. I got babied by SWG, comparing every game to it and here are the reasons why...
    Unparalleled Player Housing and Player Cities (Ultima Online had a good player housing system, or so I'm told)
    Unparalleled crafting system (The absolute best I have ever played)
    Unparalleled Resource Gathering System
    Unparalleled Space and Ground System with awesome transitions (the only game that came close to this was a single player Star Trek game about 15 years ago, lol)
    Unparalleled Skill System (only game I've ever really played that allows for customized templates to this degree, drop skills at will and pick up new ones)
    Unparalleled and unique skills (Bounty hunter? Hunt other players? Wow! Creature Handler? What other game can even touch this one?)
    Unparalleled Economy and Banking system (Player vendors, stores and bazaar? Too beautiful!)
    Unparalleled Space and Ship systems (Customized ships? Explore space? Real time flying to planets? Space combat? Havent played any space game as good!)
    The combat system was pretty good in SWG and I grew quite fond of it, but every game out there is combat, combat, combat. For the reasons above, its what put SWG above all the rest!

Again, just wanted to say thanks to the devs and all the testers out there that are making it all possible! To this day, the fam and I get into the old SWG memory chats and how bad we all miss it. (BTW, I finally got the daughter to try EMU and she is freaking out right now due to the server being down!

Oh yeah, this wouldn't be the devs sneaky way to surprise everyone and upload the Nova OR Code to liberator, right?

Thanks!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    ^ in the same vote I played wow for about a year, but it was boring... Sad to say set will always be my Numero UNO. I don't think there will ever be a game that can come close to pre-cu swg.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    yep i agree i never got to play pre-cu but thanks to the emu i have the chance to play the best mmo ive ever played

Dedicated
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Mind taking out the op dot's while you guys are at it.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I want to thank you all for the support in the downtime we've experienced. Rest assured that the QA team is on stand-by ready to get things moving again once we recover from the crash.

P.s. This community is why I'm here. You guys are amazing!
    Former QA Leader

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by skullboy1 View Post
    Mind taking out the op dot's while you guys are at it.
    Full wipe please.

Lets level the playing field again. Remove all hacked stuff. Remove all toons that cheated. Remove all bugged out toons. Everyone re-rolls.....
    <RYYK>
    Not a Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivojedi View Post
    Considering that I wrote the code to make it that way, yes, I'm sure.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    yea i agree to that although i just recently got master rifleman before the server went down lol oh well

Play Stats
    Inactive

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by superjebus View Post
    full wipe please.

Lets level the playing field again. Remove all hacked stuff. Remove all toons that cheated. Remove all bugged out toons. Everyone re-rolls.....
    i agree!!!

Thread Information