Thread: SWGEmu Finance Update June 2023

Threaded View

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Other services also take relative large fees of every $ donated. Paypal is our bank and they have reasonable fees, just like an actual bank, but on the contrary of a bank, especially when you get money from multinational sources, Paypal is by far easier for both us and the donators. Paypal can also, as LK has said, be used without and account.

I personally like Paypal. I don't get my credit card info all over, all subscribsons are gathered in one place, so that it makes it easier for me to actually cancel them. All I need to do is log into Paypal and to the sub page and cancel the ones I don't wish to continue. I don't need to go to each page and do it there. Some have made it really difficult to cancel the sub also. Then Paypal makes it easy for me. Paypal also makes it easy to show me how much I have used total on each sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebak Zarr View Post
    I despise PayPal because I’ve had my card and bank information stolen through them. Large amounts of money were transferred from my accounts during my house purchasing process. Big pain in the ***. Would never have used them again, but the donation here was PayPal only. I felt dirty afterwards. Now I’m watching my account like a hawk for who knows how long.
    Sorry to hear that. The solution would be to donate outside of an account or to have the donation not been recurring and then have to do it manually each time you wish to donate.
    Last edited by Lolindir; 06-04-2023 at 12:55 PM.
    Lolindir
    SWGEmu Admin

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Thread Information