Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: LPE is working again!!!

Play Stats
    Inactive

LPE is working again!!!

LPE is working again

September 2011
    The SWGEmu Team

http://lpe.ocdsoft.com/ is back online. Everything should return to normal soon.

Thank you for your understanding, patience and your support.

~SWGEmu team

We had several reports that LPE is not working as intended.

It shows "Download Complete" but the necessary Play button never appears. Several other features of LPE are also broken. It is a new bug and we will try to fix it ASAP.

Workarounds:

Go to your SWGEmu dir (C:\SWGEmu default location) and to run the game using swgemu.exe (SwgClient_r).

Or:

1. Run LPE and press SERVERS

2. Press ADD and enter Server - Official; Address - nova.swgemu.com

3. Press ADD again, LPE updates and PLAY button should show up.

4. Play the game.

P.S. If you do manage to get in but you get stuck at logon screen (connecting), try chaining ports. Try anything from: 44452-44463

Since LPE is not working as intended, it is very likely that it will not be able to complete the installation process and that swgemu.exe will not be created. If that happens you probably wont be able to play until LPE is fixed.

If however you end up doing this and you lose segemu.exe from your SWGEmu dir, try downloading this: https://www.swgemu.com/swgemu/downloa...onfigFiles.rar and extracting everything except user.cfg file in your SWGEmu dir, replacing the existing files.

After you do that, locate swgemu_login.cfg, open it with notepad and copy paste this in there:

[ClientGame]
    loginServerPort0=44453
    loginServerAddress0=nova.swgemu.com
    [Station]
    subscriptionFeatures=1
    gameFeatures=65535
    Again, use swgemu.exe (SwgClient_r) to run the game.
    Last edited by Vlada; 09-21-2011 at 09:03 PM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    It's my Birthday today. Was hoping for maybe a Nightsister Bicep instead of being locked out.

Best of luck on finding the fix.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    What ever you do, DO NOT try to repair. or you will be stuck like i am even with trying the work around. I tried to repair before This workaround was posted. oh boy the horror.

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    also do not try to change the server. it will lock you login.cfg to nova and you will not be able to log into liberator.

anyone got the login address for liberator?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by madmax2069 View Post
    What ever you do, DO NOT try to repair. or you will be stuck like i am even with trying the work around. I tried to repair before This workaround was posted. oh boy the horror.
    VERY MUCH THIS. I cannot figure out what the hell to do and the suspense is killing me, I was in the middle of some serious grinding. :'(

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumane View Post
    anyone got the login address for liberator?
    loginServerPort0=44453
    loginServerAddress0=nova.swgemu.com
    Its the same one for both server.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I seemed to have had the same issue but just trying one thing I was successful in getting back online with it.
    I opened the launcher and got to the point they show above (I do use the older style layout, but dont consider this to be any part of the fix) and then clicked on the Server Mgmt button to go to server managment.
    I clicked on the 'Add' button and then entered "Official SWGEMU" as the title and "nova.swgemu.com" as the address (as provided by Vlada on the home page) and then left all the rest as is.
    Pressing the 'Add' button at the bottom, then when returned to the home page use the drop down box to select server to click on Official SWGEMU server and it seemed to correct itself.

Not sure this will work for everybody but possibly it will, it did work for me and I have been able to get back on Liberator with this.

Tak
    Last edited by Takoma; 09-21-2011 at 12:25 PM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    LPE now just continues to say "Checking for Updates" whilst popping up error messages, about 3 or 4 one after the other actually. Dunno what this means, but it says this:

"Main: The remote server returned an error: (404) not found." <----- Varying returning errors. "Address: http://lpe.ocdsoft.com/installer/version.txt" <----- W?T?F?

"Error updating: Index was out of range. Must be non negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index".
    Etc.

Those are my concerns, I literally cannot even get into LPE too try and get in with the executable option.

Leeroy' Jenkins - Basilisk

The Empire is has the advantage over the Rebellion.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Takoma View Post
    I seemed to have had the same issue but just trying one thing I was successful in getting back online with it.
    I opened the launcher and got to the point they show above (I do use the older style layout, but dont consider this to be any part of the fix) and then clicked on the Server Mgmt button to go to server managment.
    I clicked on the 'Add' button and then entered "Official SWGEMU" as the title and "nova.swgemu.com" as the address (as provided by Vlada on the home page) and then left all the rest as is.
    Pressing the 'Add' button at the bottom, then when returned to the home page use the drop down box to select server to click on Official SWGEMU server and it seemed to correct itself.

Not sure this will work for everybody but possibly it will, it did work for me and I have been able to get back on Liberator with this.

Tak
    It works, and its perfect. Ill add that to the OP. Thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vlu Dagoth View Post
    LPE now just continues to say "Checking for Updates" whilst popping up error messages, about 3 or 4 one after the other actually. Dunno what this means, but it says this:

"Main: The remote server returned an error: (404) not found." <----- Varying returning errors. "Address: http://lpe.ocdsoft.com/installer/version.txt" <----- W?T?F?

"Error updating: Index was out of range. Must be non negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index".
    Etc.

Those are my concerns, I literally cannot even get into LPE too try and get in with the executable option.
    Remove the LPECommon folder, you have the path in the message. (Go to C:\Users\*user name*\AppData\Roaming\ and delete your LPECommon folder)
    Last edited by Vlada; 09-21-2011 at 12:51 PM. Reason: doublepost

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Im impressed with myself! I got it to work Thanks for the workaround Vlada!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
    It works, and its perfect. Ill add that to the OP. Thanks!!!

Remove the LPECommon folder, you have the path in the message. (Go to C:\Users\*user name*\AppData\Roaming\ and delete your LPECommon folder)
    I didn't have that folder, oddly enough. I'm still inoperable, but hopefully the devs/LPE people get it fixed.

Leeroy' Jenkins - Basilisk

The Empire is has the advantage over the Rebellion.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlu Dagoth View Post
    I didn't have that folder, oddly enough. I'm still inoperable, but hopefully the devs/LPE people get it fixed.
    You have to enable viewing of hidden files/folders if you can't see the AppData folder. Or are you on Windows XP?
    Revanis
    Retired SWGEmu Staff
    Active Nobody

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Mine is giving me

"Error Reading File: Could not find a part of the path
    'C:\Users\*name*\AppData\Roaming\LPECommon\LPE\ski ns\Classic\gui.cfg.'

This is after i deleted the LPECommon folder.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    And I was this close to trying it.

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Raziel07 View Post
    Mine is giving me

"Error Reading File: Could not find a part of the path
    'C:\Users\*name*\AppData\Roaming\LPECommon\LPE\ski ns\Classic\gui.cfg.'

This is after i deleted the LPECommon folder.
    Same here

Thread Information