Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [SWGEmu Event] Basilisk's Requiem (November 11)

Quality Assurance
    Play Stats
    1h last 30d

[SWGEmu Event] Basilisk's Requiem (November 11)

Basilisk - Basilisk's Requiem

11/03/2021

The SWGEmu Events Division

Basilisk's Requiem

Event Start When: Friday, November 11th, 2022 at 12pm PDT/3pm EDT/8pm UTC (Check your time here)

Event End When:
    November 11th, 11pm PDT, Saturday, November 12th, 2022 1am EDT/6am UTC

Event Where: Basilisk Server, Various Planets

The time has come to close the doors on a server that helped, time and time again, move our project ever forward. Basilisk was the first play/test server to fully run the Object Restructure branch, which was a foundational restructure of Core3. Basilisk started with very minimal features, replacing the Liberator server as the primary server for us here at SWGEmu and now comes to an end as a nearly complete Pre-CU SWG experience.

Many memories were made, within the community and staff, throughout the years that Basilisk has been online. It has provided bountiful information that attributes to the stability of the code base to this day, while giving a enjoyable play experience that we all so dearly missed from the Pre-CU days of live. We can now turn our full focus on Finalizer and that goal of 1.0, that continues to move closer each day.

Join us at the event for the final goodbye to all the great memories on Basilisk.

"Citizens of the Galaxy, Hear me. Your leaders, the Empire, have made a momentous decision. In this decision, they have turned back from your planets they would claim as their own. Their ships gather in great flotillas, not to defend you, but for nefarious purposes. They move to a planet, and all traffic we hear is of horror and panic, and then they are gone. We don't know what has happened to these planets, but they are not stopping, more planets go dark by the day, by the hour.

We are on our own. Together we can fight, apart we will fall. It's time to make a stand, it's time to rebel!"
    - Mon Mothma in a galaxy-wide declaration to the Holonet.

After the event ends and Basilisk is shut down one last time, we may commemorate the event with those who joined in it's final hurrah with a unique badge.

~The SWGEmu Staff
    Last edited by Fastburn; 11-10-2022 at 07:27 PM.
    Fastburn
    Quality Assurance

Fastburn@SWGEmu.com | Code Commits
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Play Stats
    Inactive
    End of an era, Thanks to the staff for all the hard work that went in to putting this together.
    Last edited by pugguh; 11-04-2022 at 05:40 AM.

*Czar-Mart*drop off vendor located at: /way -4298 5462 Insane, Naboo

SWGEmu Retired Community Relations bigevil's Avatar
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Farewell sweet, sweet Bas. There for me when I needed something in my life. All things must come to an end....

Retired Community Relations

Is what I am doing in the game wrong? How do I know? If in doubt, contact Staff.

SWGEmu Guides and Helpful Links / complaint@swgemu.com for violations or complaints / LIVE Support

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Goodbye Bas.

You've held a lot of memories for me, I'll be visiting the remains of the old player cities one last time there.

For me, it's almost like a smaller version of live shutting down. Bas was really the first time I played SWG properly, as I only ever played the free trial of live the year it shut down, and so this place has been my personal SWG experience and history, and so I appreciate and thank the people who worked on that server to this day for creating the opportunity for me to experience SWG and to have had the memories I now look on fondly.
    AKA - EccentricM, Mr Tibbster

Play Stats
    609h last 30d
    Thank you SWG community for sticking with the old girl through thick and thin for so long.

Bas allowed me to meet so many new people i have a feeling ill be in touch with for years and years. It was a wonderful run.

Alas, now it is time for you to take a well deserved rest as Finalizer takes the lead.

Well done.

/Salute
    Nika Marketplace, Naboo 5915, 5915
    Dropoff 5900, 5858 Nika Resource Vndr
    Forum
    Discord

Play Stats
    680h last 30d
    Those ten years went fast... and were great and rich in events and experiences.

Old friends discovered again, some lost and new ones... and in the misty horizons... still hope.

Thanks to all who were part of it for the good or the bad, for you both made us stronger.
    https://tinyurl.com/4mbn92a3
    DROP /way corellia -454, 0, -5454
    Paintings Guide - POI Badge Guide

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Sad to see. I didn't do well on the move to Finalizer but I'll definitely be logging in to say goodbye.

Join us at TheZoo! https://discord.gg/mbBHQKvNx8

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Gonna pour one out to Bas. Had lots of great times on there. It'll be missed but ever forward.

Retired Lead Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Thanks for all the lessons Basilisk. What a ride.

theanswer@swgemu.com | www.swgemu.com

Play Stats
    113h last 30d
    How long will it last?

IGN Shyloe, and Cydonia. Drop-off vendor located @ /way 6188, 6206. NIKA Marketplace.

Quality Assurance
    Play Stats
    1h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by shilo View Post
    How long will it last?
    The plan has it to last into the evening, exact time will depend on how things go in game.
    Fastburn
    Quality Assurance

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Goodbye Bas and my almost full-temp jedi. I ll be there ready to be hunt once again

Play Stats
    1074h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by Fastburn View Post
    The plan has it to last into the evening, exact time will depend on how things go in game.
    Thank you.
    What's the plan for the days before 11/11/2022? Can we please have the server up and running? I want to take a lot of screens and make videos. You know, I'm a sentimental player

Thanks

Quality Assurance
    Play Stats
    1h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by Superser View Post
    Thank you.
    What's the plan for the days before 11/11/2022? Can we please have the server up and running? I want to take a lot of screens and make videos. You know, I'm a sentimental player

Thanks
    It should be up and running now, try and log in.
    Fastburn
    Quality Assurance

Thread Information