Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Coming Changes to BH/Jedi

Play Stats
    47h last 30d
    Great summary by Larek. I had recalled knocking people out of a house by entering combat with them, a memory that has created some controversy in game because it is clearly not coded that way here (Jedi must fight back to get a TEF and will otherwise stay in their house or be safe to run in unabated). Memory can be a tricky thing almost 20 years loater, but the current experience feels very tailored to favor Jedi as it is without any further changes, and this update will only push it further in that direction.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    +1. very good changes.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Another nerf to BH...just like sony did.

Not gonna repeat what has already been said.

What is to stop a jedi leaving his house for 10 mins..his mission pops on the terms and some poor sod accepts it, then goes back in his house for another 20 hours? Same issue, bh gets pissed off yet again.

And why should a jedi's house be private? In case he is on the toilet or getting undressed for bed? This is a game ffs, if a jedi wants somewhere private he can log off and not troll bh's.

Imo, if a bh has a jedi's mission and they are in a house atk or afk a bh should be able to enter or blow the door open with a grenade/rocket laucher/bomb droid. Kinda make sense given the technology that is in this universe.

Make a bh and play it for 6 months Lolindir, that will give you all the information you need on what changes need to be made.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by SoUncool View Post
    Thanks for clarification. Is there any plan to *stop* the "gonna be logged in and AFK in my house forever" behavior? Even taking them off the terminals while they're in a private structure doesn't seem like that much of a great fix, tbh. It just rewards the behavior. Which, again, seems somewhat exploitative by using one game mechanic to bypass another.
    I absolutely agree.

My $.02 is that a Private residence wouldn't stop Vader, nor a canon bounty hunter, or an IRL Law Enforcement with a warrant. A Jedi logged in and in a private residence should open the residence to being sliced by a slicer and access permitted to any BH with the mission. It should take 5 mins or something before allowing access, but a Jedi on the terminals, sitting in a house should be hunt-able. It should take a master smuggler and maybe once MBH skills are actually viable, only allowed to MBH. But the future goal should be to allow no safe place for more than several minutes if the Jedi is logged in.

Quote Originally Posted by peltaria View Post
    Another nerf to BH...just like sony did.

Not gonna repeat what has already been said.

What is to stop a jedi leaving his house for 10 mins..his mission pops on the terms and some poor sod accepts it, then goes back in his house for another 20 hours? Same issue, bh gets pissed off yet again.

And why should a jedi's house be private? In case he is on the toilet or getting undressed for bed? This is a game ffs, if a jedi wants somewhere private he can log off and not troll bh's.

Imo, if a bh has a jedi's mission and they are in a house atk or afk a bh should be able to enter or blow the door open with a grenade/rocket laucher/bomb droid. Kinda make sense given the technology that is in this universe.

Make a bh and play it for 6 months Lolindir, that will give you all the information you need on what changes need to be made.
    Preaching to the choir my friend.
    Last edited by Lolindir; 02-02-2022 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Double post

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I'd like to see Faction pets be unusable on either side during a BH fight. Rebels don't have ATSTs so it seems unfair, for the Rebels and the BHs.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by peltaria View Post

make a bh and play it for 6 months lolindir, that will give you all the information you need on what changes need to be made.
    Walk a mile in our shoes...

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by pbanka824 View Post
    Walk a mile in our shoes...
    Agreed, especially not knowing who your mark is.

I was a bh first, but I also played jedi. I have walked a mile in both shoes and this is detrimental to bh.

Specifically the anon jedi and mission payout. These changes seem grossly out of touch.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I think these changes are needed and fantastic the fact that Jedi got vis from group member's always bugged me like I'm a jedi and my buddies a jedi and I'm gunna report him to the imps that made zero sense. If your a BH it should be a hard target to bag a jedi isn't it alot better brag if you get a elusive target then if you get a waypoint direct to their location.
    Reminds me of EVE online the way some of yall want it bagging noobs mining in high spec is not very good gaming imho but bagging a long time high skill player in low sec with billions of cargo now that's something to brag about.

I don't understand why everyone wants to make jedi weaker they are a force to be reckoned with literally and you wouldn't even have a world to have fun in if they didn't exist. BH should be hard it should involve tracking and using your noggin and figuring out strategies to get your mark.
    In real life if your a BH you don't get instance location of your mark you have to go and search and ask and talk to people find info and maybe stake out an area that sounds so much cooler to me than getting a waypoint and killing a noob jedi.

A++++++ for changes bringing some new warm bodies to the game because I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Devs yall are ****ing amazing I'm sorry you have to put up with so many loud minority voices the real players love these changes and welcome new tests on this test server.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Don't bring real life into this. In real life, a bounty hunter is told who they're hunting right off the bat, if not given an entire dossier on who they are by their employer.

This isn't a nerf to Jedi. They're just as strong as ever. This is a nerf to BH, who were weaker than the Jedi to begin with.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyjogger View Post
    I think these changes are needed and fantastic the fact that Jedi got vis from group member's always bugged me like I'm a jedi and my buddies a jedi and I'm gunna report him to the imps that made zero sense. If your a BH it should be a hard target to bag a jedi isn't it alot better brag if you get a elusive target then if you get a waypoint direct to their location.
    Reminds me of EVE online the way some of yall want it bagging noobs mining in high spec is not very good gaming imho but bagging a long time high skill player in low sec with billions of cargo now that's something to brag about.

I don't understand why everyone wants to make jedi weaker they are a force to be reckoned with literally and you wouldn't even have a world to have fun in if they didn't exist. BH should be hard it should involve tracking and using your noggin and figuring out strategies to get your mark.
    In real life if your a BH you don't get instance location of your mark you have to go and search and ask and talk to people find info and maybe stake out an area that sounds so much cooler to me than getting a waypoint and killing a noob jedi.

A++++++ for changes bringing some new warm bodies to the game because I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Devs yall are ****ing amazing I'm sorry you have to put up with so many loud minority voices the real players love these changes and welcome new tests on this test server.
    The group vis is fine. But the anonymity of it destroys the class from the ground up. You have to think of this from a mechanic perspective. You really dont know what you are talking about.

It's also pretty concerning that the devs didn't realize this either.

You have jedi on finalizer.

Bh now have limited psgs. A jedi can keep a bh from pulling a psg from a crate by keeping them in combat with fr3+ saber throw so the bh has to either run to water and get out of combat if they run out of inventory space. Jedi as of right now will also be bale to use dots unless something drastic changes I.E see my post in the jedi forums about auto attack acc + 1h lunge acc paired with stims. It becomes infinitly harder for a bh to kill a jedi now, so they will need to group.

Devs "Lets take that away so they cant group."

Hello you guys even play the game?

If you make these changes then you have to bring nerfs to jedi, I.E stone knives can no longer be used by jedi etc.
    Last edited by Rischie; 02-02-2022 at 09:08 PM.

Play Stats
    506h last 30d
    I agree, the anonymous missions is a game breaker for BH.

IGN Shyloe, and Cydonia. Drop-off vendor located @ /way 6188, 6206. NIKA Marketplace.

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Jedi can play with people who wouldn't rat them out that makes sense and excited for considering I play with a friend constantly.
    Bounty hunters have to investigate or actually Hunt to know their target vs look at the name lol... that's pretty much exactly the way it seemed to be in the sw universe so makes sense.

Glad the devs are setting up two way door options on testing out improvements. Excited to see how the swgemu project keeps evolving!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by tanahara View Post
    Jedi can play with people who wouldn't rat them out that makes sense and excited for considering I play with a friend constantly.
    Bounty hunters have to investigate or actually Hunt to know their target vs look at the name lol... that's pretty much exactly the way it seemed to be in the sw universe so makes sense.

Glad the devs are setting up two way door options on testing out improvements. Excited to see how the swgemu project keeps evolving!
    This thread (and the others) have already spelled out why the name is crucial to DOING the hunting.
    Armor + Spice by Wombo and dropoff: West Eisley Bazaar Mall (2200 -4753)

Play Stats
    506h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by tanahara View Post

Tell me you don't BH without telling me you don't BH.

IGN Shyloe, and Cydonia. Drop-off vendor located @ /way 6188, 6206. NIKA Marketplace.

Play Stats
    47h last 30d
    As many others have already pointed out, anonymizing Jedi does nothing but add time into every bounty, rather than what could be avoided through selectivity on the terminals. The burden on BH is enough already, this is just adding insult to injury.

Closed Thread

Thread Information