Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Coming Changes to BH/Jedi

Developer
    Play Stats
    4h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by SoUncool View Post
    Thanks for clarification. Is there any plan to *stop* the "gonna be logged in and AFK in my house forever" behavior? Even taking them off the terminals while they're in a private structure doesn't seem like that much of a great fix, tbh. It just rewards the behavior. Which, again, seems somewhat exploitative by using one game mechanic to bypass another.

We definitely can see that perspective on that however there is no simple way around that. It is their private structure and part of SWG is players having their own housing they can make private. If some other potential alternative comes to light it could be something we look into. However all of these changes were really minimal on the dev side of things and lots of alternatives are not. We still need to maintain our current scope of development. I personally have put more time into this then I would have liked and it has taken away from other things I was working on.

Quote Originally Posted by Azkar View Post
    No I read the post pretty clearly...

-The very beginning of the post mentions the removal/change of the anti-visibility policies.
    It states "We are going to remove and/or revise this policy". I am curious to see what it gets revised to. Since it could still benefit the Jedi heavily.

-The end of the post says we are making so Jedi AFKing on Houses will not list on the terminals, so Bounty Hunters do not waste time hunting targets AFK in a house. They can log out and bleed visibility, they stay online in houses to troll Bounty Hunters.
    "So we are going to look to implement a method" to me this reads as "They will troll you until this gets implemented, which we do not know how long it will take to do so." I have no issues with the 2nd part, you are all volunteers and things take time. However if the fix for the afk doesn't go in at the same time as everything else, then it just is more time that Jedi troll BHs with the benefit of we can't even ignore the ones that we know are purposely trolls.

-Jedi was not changed as it comes to group content? I am not sure where you have pulled that one from. They will still receive visibility from EVERY player and NPC that is not in their group.
    It states "With this change Jedi will not gain visibility from players that they are grouped with. However, they are still open to gain visibility from all other players and NPC's." So now it is just going to be full jedi groups doing end game content. I mean just being in a large party that isn't giving them Vis is just making them hone in on end game group content as the "correct" class to be. Sure they will get it from a NPC, but how much vis does a krayt dragon give? Or any number of other end game creatures.

So your first point, you are irritated over speculation of something that has not happened yet. The not clearly states This has given Jedi an unbalanced amount of protection when it comes to their visibility.

The second point, I do not know how long it will take but should be fairly simple. These are all simple changes or we would have not touched them at all. None of which are even live yet.

Third point, without mathing it all out for you. Visibility will stack up really quickly if they are attacking a target and other players are around and last I knew the Krayt Graveyard has had various groups of players out there. Even if they stop attacking they will just die, cause healing and force run also give visibility.
    Last edited by Lolindir; 02-02-2022 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Double post
    Hakry
    Developer

Hakry@SWGEmu.com | Code Commits
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Play Stats
    Inactive
    No I read the post pretty clearly...

-The very beginning of the post mentions the removal/change of the anti-visibility policies.
    It states "We are going to remove and/or revise this policy". I am curious to see what it gets revised to. Since it could still benefit the Jedi heavily.
    The phising rule will be removed, completely when this is merged to Finalizer.

-The end of the post says we are making so Jedi AFKing on Houses will not list on the terminals, so Bounty Hunters do not waste time hunting targets AFK in a house. They can log out and bleed visibility, they stay online in houses to troll Bounty Hunters.
    "So we are going to look to implement a method" to me this reads as "They will troll you until this gets implemented, which we do not know how long it will take to do so." I have no issues with the 2nd part, you are all volunteers and things take time. However if the fix for the afk doesn't go in at the same time as everything else, then it just is more time that Jedi troll BHs with the benefit of we can't even ignore the ones that we know are purposely trolls.
    The change have not been pushed to Finalizer yet. We are not done.

-Jedi was not changed as it comes to group content? I am not sure where you have pulled that one from. They will still receive visibility from EVERY player and NPC that is not in their group.
    It states "With this change Jedi will not gain visibility from players that they are grouped with. However, they are still open to gain visibility from all other players and NPC's." So now it is just going to be full jedi groups doing end game content. I mean just being in a large party that isn't giving them Vis is just making them hone in on end game group content as the "correct" class to be. Sure they will get it from a NPC, but how much vis does a krayt dragon give? Or any number of other end game creatures.
    As stated on top, this is a two way door change. If it don't work as we wish, we can revert it. With that said, if they are in a group like you say, they will still get on the terminals, or do you expect them to not have others around wanting the same content? You will get 20 new marks if they have a full group and they take the mobs away from 4-5 other players. I bet one is enough with the time and amount of specials they will use.
    Lolindir
    SWGEmu Admin

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolindir View Post

As stated on top, this is a two way door change. If it don't work as we wish, we can revert it. With that said, if they are in a group like you say, they will still get on the terminals, or do you expect them to not have others around wanting the same content? You will get 20 new marks if they have a full group and they take the mobs away from 4-5 other players. I bet one is enough with the time and amount of specials they will use.

I expect them to all be in a group, doing end game content holding that area. At least on finalizer, there is a reason so little Jedi are on the terms right now anyways. The ones that are, the majority purposely are (as seen by them trolling or being fully templated, etc). Unless I am just wrong and Jedi are dying hand over first by the tons of BHs (but the BHs forums seem to indicate otherwise).
    I do appreciate the clarification though of "The phising rule will be removed, completely when this is merged to Finalizer.".

Quote Originally Posted by Hakry View Post
    So your first point, you are irritated over speculation of something that has not happened yet. The not clearly states This has given Jedi an unbalanced amount of protection when it comes to their visibility.

The second point, I do not know how long it will take but should be fairly simple. These are all simple changes or we would have not touched them at all. None of which are even live yet.

Third point, without mathing it all out for you. Visibility will stack up really quickly if they are attacking a target and other players are around and last I knew the Krayt Graveyard has had various groups of players out there. Even if they stop attacking they will just die, cause healing and force run also give visibility.
    -you are irritated over speculation of something that has not happened yet.
    I mean ya. I am irritated at these proposed changes and they haven't happened yet. I just know they are bad for the game. It doesn't require them to have been implemented for me to know this. As such, I have skepticism on other "potential changes" as well.

-The second point, I do not know how long it will take but should be fairly simple. These are all simple changes or we would have not touched them at all. None of which are even live yet.
    Correct. I even mentioned I don't fault any of the devs for however long it takes. I know full well how long it takes to make changes like these, test them, push them through all the env, QA to sign off on it, etc. We are all giving feedback on proposed changes, which even though haven't gone live, are still planned to.

-"Third point, ....."
    You keep saying "other players are around." Why? They will just be invited into the group / not all end game content has tons of players just waiting around. The excuse of "other players " will give them vis... I don't think will plan out like how you expect. We have seen that *some* Jedi try to get around any rules / mechanics in this game. I don't think this will be different.

So let me also ask this: Why are these changes happening the way that they are? What is the philosophy behind them?
    Last edited by Azkar; 02-01-2022 at 10:33 PM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Hakry View Post
    You may be misunderstanding the group visibility change. Jedi will only not receive visibility from the members of their group. Any other players or NPCs that are near them will still give visibility. So that means all of the other NPCs and players in the Geo cave. Not to mention, none of these changes were brought about by any certain groups of players. So that is just rumor mill and should be dropped.
    I'll admit this is where I have difficulty understanding. What is the motivation behind this change? What is it meant to accomplish? If I'm following what you're saying, it almost seems as if you're implying that this change has no impact whatsoever.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Everyone who played on Liberator knows where BH can go and why restrictions are needed.

Griefing of individuals has and will remain an issue in pockets of the community.

Maybe you didn't experience clone camping when missions didn't drop? Good for you.

These changes are fantastic.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I like the changes! Can't imagine too much endgame content that grouping would cause an issue because anything camped will have people not in the same group.

I can see early Jedi grouping for XP. At some point they would need to split up though.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Trigues View Post
    I like the changes! Can't imagine too much endgame content that grouping would cause an issue because anything camped will have people not in the same group.

I can see early Jedi grouping for XP. At some point they would need to split up though.
    Right, Jedi being able to group with friends and not get visibility is the single greatest change here. Especially for new Jedi while grinding.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Well guess im deleting my BH and making something else GG

These changes are garbage, QQ more Jedi scum.
    Last edited by Ellyssia; 02-02-2022 at 12:03 AM. Reason: merged duplicate posts

Play Stats
    Inactive
    What is going on in this server.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I'm all for changes but these ideas imo are not well thought out and will be a detriment to the player BH base.

It's your server and it's a test server but I have to say I'm disappointed and in my humble opinion you're allowing Jedi to be more care bear

If the goal is to prevent people from holding missions, remove the cap of 5 ppl holding missions.

The only good thing in this change is removal of the phishing clause.
    Last edited by ghostm; 02-02-2022 at 12:15 AM.

Also serving you from The Nika Marketplace outside of Kaadara, Naboo - /way 6148 6283

Play Stats
    Inactive
    really would be a game killer for me, jedi is supposed to be difficult, but once mastered almost unstoppable. but i feel you're bashing on the BH making it far to easy for people to be jedi when they dont know how to play the role. jedi should be a struggle, and i will happily do that struggle. this is almost nge pick jedi crap.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Where can I sign up to help unofficially assign priority to the backlog or the ability to jump it with fresh ideas?
    Arcani, Dinkle

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolindir View Post

If its a simple toggle i think you guys should push it next week and see how it goes? Give it a trial perioid. like i said in first reply seems fine to me. Let those people test it. think honestly its just people over reacting.

when the seeker returns from searching for jedi on the planet will it notify the bh the exact credits received for kill or just name? will the mission update in datapad or just via system message?
    Last edited by Lolindir; 02-02-2022 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Double post

Play Stats
    Inactive
    If I wanna troll a BH why would I not just AFK on the roof of a house so Im technically outside by game standards. Id still be on the terminals then but still protected by a house.
    God Save the Rebellion

Play Stats
    113h last 30d
    This is a huge nerf for BH, and I dont think you guys can see just how much of a nerf it is. I had a BH for a large swathe of Basilisk, and one thing I came to realize is that BH really get to know the servers Jedi. Who likes to run away, who is always near a private structure, who camp in the DWB bunker, who is super hard to kill, and who is squishy and easy to kill.

Now that we have no idea who we are fighting against, we need to waste a whole bunch of time to figure our who are target is. We need to go to the spynet dude, get out of town, launch the probe droid, wait for it, pray it doesn't get eaten by a space slug a bunch of times, than travel to said planet, launch our seeker droid. Than, and only than do we know who we are fighting.

This is especially a huge nerf for ranged BH who are already heavily gimped against Jedi. This only incentivizes all BH to become TKM or Fencer BH, so that they have a good solid chance to kill whoever there mark is. On Basilisk I was a carbineer BH, and I specialized in hunting the squishy Padawan's. I could not kill anyone else as 85% saberblock made it near impossible to kill them.

IGN Shyloe, and Cydonia. Drop-off vendor located @ /way 6188, 6206. NIKA Marketplace.

Closed Thread

Thread Information