• Staff Updates
    • Quick Stats
    • Staff Round-Table
    • Closing
    SWGEmu Project Updates

Major Additions/Changes

Staff Updates

SWGEmu is Recruiting!

SWGEmu is an ever-changing and growing organization where new talent is always being sought out. We especially would like to mention the need for more developers, please see this thread for more information.

SWGEmu is also in need of other positions filled. For anyone interested in spending some of there free time toward this project, please consider to join in on our SWGEmu Internship Program . We are in need of CSRs.

There have been two changes in staff in 2021.

Bigevil have stepped down as community relations. We thank him for his long service to the project.
    At the same time, we can welcome Lavoria (Natasa) as our new EC and to Adaso as our new CT (QA intern) Thank you for wanting to contribute to our project!

Quick Stats

Registration Statistics:
    • Daily:
      • December 18, 2021 - 76 accounts registered
      • July 28, 2021 - 1 account registered
    • Monthly:
      • January 2021 - 685 accounts registered
      • November 2021 - 160 accounts registered
    • Yearly:
      • 2021 - 4131 accounts registered; average 344,25 per month
    User Activity Statistics (Users online in one day):
    • Most users online: December 30, 2021 - 758 users
    • Least users online: October 16. 2021 - 217 users
    New thread statistics (Posted threads):
    • Daily:
      • December 26, 2021 - 86 new threads
      • June 29, 2021 - 1 new threads
    • Monthly:
      • January 2021 - 794 new threads
      • October 2021 - 234 new threads
    • Yearly:
      • ​2021 - 5171 new threads, average 14,17 new threads daily
    • Daily:
      • December 30, 2021 - 253 new posts
      • November 20, 2021 - 5 new posts
    • Monthly:
      • January 2021 - 3568 new posts
      • July 2021 - 984 new posts
    • Yearly:
      • ​2021 - 24233 new posts, average 66,39 new posts daily

Top Statistics all time:

Most users online:
    7700 (07-27-2020 10:02 PM)
    Most viewed thread: SWGEmu Timeline
    Most replied thread: Force Progression Thread (Liberator)
    Most popular forum: Basilisk Trade Forum
    Top poster: Vlada (33032 posts)

Staff Round-Table

Farelli - SWGEmu Admin
    2021 was difficult and in many ways more difficult even than 2020. We all dealt with the challenges of real-life, an amazing economic recovery, and huge leaps forward on the SWGEmu project. I'm personally really proud of all of our staff as we've grown.

Launching Finalizer has been fascinating and rewarding. Watching the hundreds and thousands of community members come pouring back to our project, completely enjoying themselves has been amazing. I love seeing people's joy at playing on our servers, and in this time of streaming I got to watch live and communicate with players experiencing the new AI for the first time. This was one of my most enjoyable experiences of the year.

Now we are going forward, testing changes and measuring the data to help us make better decisions once we transition to 1.0+, the post-Finalizer server. Nothing is scheduled, of course, but we are learning all the time how to make a more rewarding play experience for all players. I speak all the time about the different play styles in SWG and I'm committed to making the universe as fun and enjoyable as possible for all of you.

As we've launched this server and brought back so many players, we've had some growing pains in our interactions between community members. That's prompted some much-needed changes to our Terms of Service (ToS) and how we operate at SWGEmu. These are all good changes. This process is helping us internally make decisions that are best for the fate of the project and community. We're getting better, and quickly.

I'm extremely proud and blessed to be a part of this team of community and staff. You are all amazing people, and I'm richer for knowing you.

On to 2022!
    Hakry - Developer
    2021 has been a great year and I made it my personal goal to learn as much as I can and pursue different avenues to push the project along. We as a team have made amazing progress and have an awesome group of people working together. The amount of fixes and changes we were able to get in over the last year has really made 1.0 a close achievable goal, as we can see on Finalizer after every update.

It is understandable that there are a lot of bugs still that frustrate many, but we are in a position now, with Fin as a test bed, to knock them out and reach a 1.0 complete state. From there we can look to doing great things with the game that so many of us love.

Please be sure to continue to report any issues that you find on Mantis Bug tracker and if you are interested in testing, we are always on the lookout for Community Testers (QA Intern). We also welcome any one else that is looking to be a part of the team, as we progress into the future of SWGEmu.

Full steam ahead into 2022.
    Lordkator - SWGEmu Admin
    2021 Was a challening year in Real Life(TM); we all had to deal with various issues that made it challenging to spend time in-game or on the project. Like every year, we heard cries of how the project is dead, and we're wasting our time, we've had the trolls, and we've had supporters on both sides.

For me, I will look back at 2021 for the project as the year we broke out of our old thinking. I've often said this project is here today due to the intelligent goal of setting pre-CU 14.1 as the target. That allowed a massive amount of work to stay on target without getting lost in trying to tweak every little thing along the way. This is has been a foundational concept; you can't build a 22-floor building and halfway in have someone say, hey can you make it 36 floors? Many have tried that approach and died on the vine. However, this year we are close enough to try out new ideas. That said, the project has been incredibly conservative in our approach. Historically this has worked well, allowing us to concentrate our efforts and avoid the constant distractions of many great ideas coming from the community daily. Towards the end of this year, we started an internal debate kicked off by a community member's post. We decided it was time to really lean in on the community, we posted a survey in-game, and the rest is history...

Now we have Finalizer, we can continue moving towards our goal. Still, at the same time, we can try out ideas we've all had for years, and the community can contribute ideas we can test out. Also, with the scale Finalizer is reaching, we are testing more issues faster. Previously we could push a change and wait months for it to break now, we wait an hour, and we're staring at the problem directly. Coder code to have our code used, like any artist you want to create and have it enjoyed, and Finalizer is that for our team. We can create and deploy and quickly see people enjoying (or complaining) about it quickly. Finalizer has unlocked our creativity and excitingly engaged the community.

I'm looking forward to 2022 as a fresh start; we will continue to engage the community, including more structured processes for input and debate; we will continue to use in-game polls to understand where the player base really wants to go. And most importantly, we will try new things use data to measure and adjust. While I am sure we will make many mistakes along the way, they will come from the shared passion all of us have for this crazy little game from 20 years ago.
    Loshult - Developer
    It is fun to see the engagement in this soon 20 year old fantastic game, no other alike. The start of Finalizer really and the participation of every player really shows that it is worth every hour spent on continuing to develop the last remaining features. I really enjoy bringing new functionality to life and being able to see it in action for all of you. I only wish I had more time each day!
    Fastburn - Quality Assurance
    Whew. It's been a crazy year and it looks like it's going to be a great year next. QA has been hitting on AI with the developers, and we have finally brought it to the players and it has been a great help when you guys post and help us find issues. Of course, there is still a lot to do with AI, but we are making great progress and we've expanded our team this year with Community Testers Adaso and Kazutombo for the QA team. And we are always looking for more help in tickets in research and testing if you want to help.

Events have also had a great year, we showed off a new type of events that last ten days, with new quests for new events, and sometimes you can get something special for joining in. We also ended the year with a blow out New Years Eve bash that put a great deal of stress on Finalizer only a few weeks after it went live. And we also have welcomed out newest Event Coordinator Natasa and just recently Pyrrhus, new Event Coordinator Intern. I expect you will have some old events this year, with new twists and changes and a lot of new ideas and we hope to bring your events to the server. Remeber, we can always help those who want to run a event, and we even have a little guide on how do do that too.

All in all, I'm excited for the future and the road ahead, glad to see the progress we've made and what progress we can still see this next year. Full speed ahead!
    Jaws - CSR
    Finalizer saw an influx of account requests this past year. We saw a MASSIVE return of past players! We're also seeing more families with 3 generations of folks playing this game. It's awesome to see so many folks sharing this experience across generations and keeping it alive.

I'm proud to be supporting the project by holding the beer for the awesome dev, EC and QA teams - 1.0 have never been closer!
    Niffer - SWGEmu Admin
    As 2021 came to an end we opened a door for a new server, Finalizer has been a blast and it makes me happy to see old players returning and their kids wanting to join and experience the excitement of Star Wars.
    We had lots of changing to our TOS this year with welcoming a new server.
    Staff is amazing and working harder than ever to help bring you a fair and challenging game. Rather it be just a simple Sampler to a Mayor running a town the opportunity to see what is in game is endless.
    Jedi has opened up and I am excited to see the new system in play, AI is amazing and the shear amount of players here to make it all happen makes my heart swell.
    The CSR Team is working very hard to get tickets and live chats answered as they come in but be patient with us our little fingers can only type so fast. EoS has helped us tremendously with investigating accounts, it takes time so to do all this so have a drink and enjoy some sun while we sit behind a screen and make it happen for you.
    I look forward to a prosperous 2022 with you all as SWGEmu has the best community ever!
    Lavoria (Natasa) - Event Coordinator
    Many things have come and gone over the last year... But one thing remains steadfast.
    This community. It has been a pleasure to be apart of this and to continue to play and enjoy this game.
    NGL, never thought I would ever be on staff, lol. It has been an honor and privilege and I hope to continue to help support this project in anyway I can.
    <3 to all of staff and the community.
    Ellyssia - Moderator
    Well it was an eventful year. We saw the launch of a new server and a rejuvenation of interest. Ever closer to the goal of launching the 1.0 server. I'm proud to be part of the team working to bring this game back to life.
    Lolindir - SWGEmu Admin
    Another year in the books. Started slow and looked like it would end even slower, then Finalizer happen. Vitalized some of our community and we have even seen the return of staff playing the game again! I know I have. Some of you are using my crafted items, I thank you for your business
    Love to see that more posts are made. To compare forum numbers to the ones above, January 2022 have 1899 new threads and 11212 new posts! Thats great. At the same time, the community have also moved over to other mediums, such as Discord and Twitch. I know I have been on Twitch more than I used to, looking at community members play the game (and try out da bomb, they need help...).

Thank you for staying with us and for giving us your continued support!

Lets hope we will see many changes to Finalizer to test. We all want changes.

Closing

This year started out slow but it really got some momentum at the end. The community wanted a new server and that seems to have been the medicine we needed. Seems like almost everyone are enjoying themselves. Even staff have dipped their toes in and are playing regularly again. Now to look forward and hopefully get the last finishing touches in place for the project and test out new stuff on our brand spanking new server. Exciting times ahead!

The SWGEmu team wish everyone a Happy New Year!

~The SWGEmu Team
    Lolindir
    SWGEmu Admin

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Play Stats
    Inactive
    A great year, thanks for the hard work to all those involved.
    WAFFA/HASMIR
    Antiquities collector
    Tapes/Loot/Drop Off @ 2587 -4575 (WEST OF EISLEY)

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Thanks to all of you

Play Stats
    375h last 30d
    Awesome
    awesome
    awesome
    awesome
    awesome

Finalizer 5184 6258 Kadarra
    12PT Force Sensitive Armorsmith & 12PT Chef

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Thanks to all of you who have contributed to the progress of the Emu!!

I haven't enjoyed a game like this in a long time!
    Azaree Noise
    Beggars Canyon
    Kettemoor
    Member of <TAI>

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Thanks for the update, everything feels very positive about this project these days and hopefully the new server will allow you to get those finishing touches done.
    Chebalis - Master Carbineer
    Chebanger - Master Combat Medic

Play Stats
    Inactive
    A great year and more excitedly, an amazing one to come i feel! We have come leaps and bounds in 2021 so lets keep this momentum going into 2022 and get 1.0+ ready for launch!

Great work team!
    Praxi Starwalker
    Bria Server
    'RFR' - Rebel Force Recon
    'SOH' -Soldiers of Honour

Closed Thread

Thread Information