Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: [Event] Decoration Contest! (Round Two!)

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Thanks a lot! I hope to get the chance to do it again. Access to more items would also be quite useful!

I would like to know how many items each house type can hold, does anyone know this? And what is the maintenance rate per hour for each different house type too?

I noticed actually, that some of the items are not working properly when i was crafting them.... lights with no 'light' etc etc... is there a thread about this? is anyone testing this stuff? I'd like to get involved in that if possible?
    http://64.19.142.12/www.swgemu.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32065&dateline=131056  1915

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Dweeb, you did place but we couldn't get a hold of you. Your character was in C'net however you didn't respond. I'm sure next time you'll make it hard for us to judge yet again

Edit: A easy google search will give you the item count for each house. In regards to the lights I seem to recall that most of them are working as they did however it does seem odd that they aren't giving off anything. When Nova comes back online get a hold of me to see if we can set something up.
    Last edited by Aceblade; 10-22-2011 at 06:48 PM.
    Former QA Leader

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Dweeb View Post
    Thanks a lot! I hope to get the chance to do it again. Access to more items would also be quite useful!

I would like to know how many items each house type can hold, does anyone know this? And what is the maintenance rate per hour for each different house type too?

I noticed actually, that some of the items are not working properly when i was crafting them.... lights with no 'light' etc etc... is there a thread about this? is anyone testing this stuff? I'd like to get involved in that if possible?
    Small: require 384 credits/day (Storage: 200 Lot Usage: 2 unless you get Small Naboo round House that only has 100cap)
    Med: require 816/day (Storage: 200 Lot Usage: 2)
    Large: require 1200/day (Storage: 400 Lot Usage: 5)
    Guild Hall: require 2400/day (Storage: 400 Lot Usage: 5)
    Merchant Tents: require 240 credits/day (Storage: 100 Lot Usage: 1)

This does not include player city property taxes, which will increase your hourly maintenance by a certain percentage. I am not sure this counts yet or not though.
    I might be off a little off for the usage of lots.
    As for things to test on NTC I cant remember where that threed is.. aceblade will know and if something is bugged then send it through the "mantis bug tracker" (located in development tab on top of page) make sure your specific about everything you write down.

Here is what type of houses can be placed on which planet.

Naboo: Can be placed on: Dantooine, Naboo, Rori
    Tatooine: Can be placed on: Dantooine, Lok, Tatooine
    Generic: Can be placed on: Corellia, Dantooine, Lok, Naboo, Rori, Talus, Tatooine
    Corellia: Can Be placed on: Corellia, Talus

Hope this answers any of your questions feel free to ask more I will try to answer them for you :P

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I'm thinking that what I will do is craft every furniture item possible, dump it in the middle of the room lift it up, look around it, see how it looks from each side, screenshot any bugs with it and add that in a bug report if i need to make one. I will also send bug reports if i find any bugs during the crafting process.

Will i need to craft in varying circumstances too? like for example, in a large house, in a small house, standing up, sitting down, inventory open inventory closed etc etc?
    http://64.19.142.12/www.swgemu.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32065&dateline=131056  1915

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I dont think you need to go as far as that dweeb, https://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22284 here is what needs testing atm. I believe there is some of that stuff that doesn't need it(it may be updated when servers are back up no clue) but sitting in a room crafting every type of furniture item which we sorta just went through in the contest would be a waste of time in my opinion. take a look at the list I'm sure you can find something to test lol btw good find with the light I seen that too when I was making some. If you are wanting we can get together on NTC when servers are up and test things together if you like. More people that test, faster we can get to the final GOAL! yay.ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Play Stats
    Inactive
    yeah i'm up for that, lets post in here when we get servers back again. I'm probably gonna skip liberator if it is wiped anyway and focus on nova and as you say, 'speed things up a bit'! Nobody can do everything but everybody can do something, raise your hands if you understand yeah.....

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    I took a bunch of screenshots too, you can see them here if you wish : http://eevil.guildlaunch.com/gallery...478&gid=232504

Unfortunately, I couldnt make the contest because my toon was bugged out of nova and it took place at 6.30am (my time GMT +8) so I missed logging in with my alt. I saw my house in the video above tho so I know that people went in and had a look. Did you see my jacuzzi in the bedroom LOL
    Oh man, Dweeb those were crazy good! I loved the Fish face with teeth and the dog! Very inventive of you. I miss my guildhall decor from original game days... also we decked out our cantina to have a billiard table and pinballs. Was fantastic to see. No screens anymore...that was computers ago and the pc with screens had virus.

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Gohan212 View Post
    I dont think you need to go as far as that dweeb, https://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22284 here is what needs testing atm. I believe there is some of that stuff that doesn't need it(it may be updated when servers are back up no clue) but sitting in a room crafting every type of furniture item which we sorta just went through in the contest would be a waste of time in my opinion. take a look at the list I'm sure you can find something to test lol btw good find with the light I seen that too when I was making some. If you are wanting we can get together on NTC when servers are up and test things together if you like. More people that test, faster we can get to the final GOAL! yay.ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    yeah i'm up for that, lets post in here when we get servers back again. I'm probably gonna skip liberator if it is wiped anyway and focus on nova and as you say, 'speed things up a bit'! Nobody can do everything but everybody can do something, raise your hands if you understand yeah.....
    /raisehands

Awesome saying Dweeb. I'll try and test some of this stuff. I'm not sure how to but I'm sure I'll be able to detect something that needs fixing. :P Thanks for reposting the Mantis info and the thread list of what needs testing still.

Retired SWGEmu Staff sgtfunkadelic's Avatar
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    /cheer

I'll be in it too Testing stuff is so much more fun when you've got others around. I found some issues with elegant furniture dopping into the ground barely visible in generic houses and i guess most of us have experienced the swoop not storing correctly. I've reported to Mantis before and was pleased to see others joining in the discussion and how the issues are being adressed so it's a very worthy cause to be involved in. You're right Gohan, the more of us join in this round of testing the sooner we'll get to where we all want to be..swgemu 1.0

Fraco
    sgtfunkadelic
    Retired SWGEmu Staff

sgtfunkadelic@swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | mIRC Guide | Submit a ticket

Play Stats
    Inactive
    /raise
    cool so I guess we can all get together at some point en test if ya want to lol pm me your guys ign's so I can add ya to friends list when servers are all back up :P

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I've created a thread in the Nova discussion forums here to coordinate testing efforts when Nova comes back online.
    Former QA Leader

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Naolla View Post
    On the second story, I had a mating chamber, with a long poem inscribed on the poles that surrounded the bed. (I can give you the poem on this thread if you like. It's an ode to the Spider Queen and her mating habits!).
    I didn't get to see the poem at the event..now i'm intrigued..can we have some dark poetry please?
    sgtfunkadelic
    Retired SWGEmu Staff

sgtfunkadelic@swgemu.com

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Congrats to the winners.

What an awesome idea this contest. Fun to do and testing the furniture/housing part while doing it
    Pipi

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtfunkadelic View Post
    I didn't get to see the poem at the event..now i'm intrigued..can we have some dark poetry please?
    Ah, the ode. I wrote this for a poetry contest on the Sunrunner server, 2004. Here it is in all it's infamy, whose verses were written on the metal combat poles around the room of the "mating chamber." Happy Halloween everyone:

O Gaping Spider Cavern Queen,

Your hunters gather stars in cloudy webs
    and feast upon the worlds they catch.

But lo! A mate ascends –
    a moon so plump it rends the woven night.
    Your hunters surge across the broken skies
    to seize and wrap the quarry tight.
    In silken sheets they warp and weave
    with spells and songs they spin.
    Encased, they draw your lunar mate
    toward horizon’s craw, your regal lair.
    Reclusive legs receive the prize
    and cradle it in silver fangs.
    They creep in silent fear
    toward your fatal chamber deep.

With shadows drawn,
    accept this moonmate gift
    so it may lift your curtain,
    seeping gentle light upon your fertile pond.
    Let it's moonbeam arise high.
    Delight in your mate’s reflected terror,
    hunger for the sudden thrust.
    In frenzied passion’s cruelty
    rise and strike your deadly kiss,
    inject your juices,
    nibble on its wealthy rind.
    The glorious light you suck and chew
    renews your reign.

We pray to you, do not feast upon us,
    your trembling broodlings!
    Let us clutch blindly at your bulbous body.
    Keep us safe beneath your hairy black belly,
    O Great Mother of eternal hunger.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Naolla View Post
    I wrote this for a poetry contest on the Sunrunner server, 2004 Happy Halloween everyone:
    Love your work Naolla, the poem's as creepy as your nightsister house. I won't be building next door to you thou, the tormented cries from your mating chamber would haunt my dreams. I noticed during the event that some of the houses around you were mysteriously locked to all of us, the owners vanished suspiciously...you didn't accidently enslave any of them did you?
    sgtfunkadelic
    Retired SWGEmu Staff

sgtfunkadelic@swgemu.com

Thread Information