Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: [Event] Decoration Contest! (Round Two!)

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Very nice video, shared it on Facebook
    Former QA Leader

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Gratz to the winners although it would have been nice to know which decoration won along with the person's name.

I'm bummed I didn't hear about this until just now. 9 days later after judging. I wonder if you could please post the First place screenshots signifying that they were first place, then the 2nd place with screens, and then the 3rd place because merely watching the video does not quite allow any outsider to decypher what design won.

I loved some of the decorating ideas in the video. I remember spending massive amounts of time decorating houses for myself and others and it is definitely a blast to come up with new ideas! I'm so glad you have brought decorating back and have not neglected it!

Congratulations to all who participated, in a way you are winners because you at least knew about the contest and were able to enjoy yourselves in the competition! yay!

Retired SWGEmu Staff sgtfunkadelic's Avatar
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniMe View Post

I'm bummed I didn't hear about this until just now. 9 days later after judging. I wonder if you could please post the First place screenshots signifying that they were first place, then the 2nd place with screens, and then the 3rd place because merely watching the video does not quite allow any outsider to decypher what design won.
    Heya Minime,

This is just a fanmade video to showcase everyone's creations and the fun we had during the event. I ran around with all of the other contestants and the judges visiting all the houses taking screenshots and video as we went along. I was having way too much fun to take any note of who's house i was in and ended up with so many screenies that i'd only be able to tell you which ones are my house
    Aceblade has listed the 3 winners at the start of this thread and like Kreen suggested a few posts earlier..go see for yourself..there's some really creative designs out there that are sure to inspire you
    Also it hasn't been 9 days since the judging, only 3 The event was anounced on swgemu's homepage and here. Hope you find out about the next event beforehand and we get to see you there
    Fraco

Play Stats
    Inactive
    When nova comes back up I'll see if I can get screen shots of the winning houses (without God Mode plastered all over them) and post them here. I would suggest you go see them all for yourself as noted above. Kreen and I made some tough choices in deciding the winners.
    Former QA Leader

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtfunkadelic View Post
    Heya Minime,

This is just a fanmade video to showcase everyone's creations and the fun we had during the event. I ran around with all of the other contestants and the judges visiting all the houses taking screenshots and video as we went along. I was having way too much fun to take any note of who's house i was in and ended up with so many screenies that i'd only be able to tell you which ones are my house
    Aceblade has listed the 3 winners at the start of this thread and like Kreen suggested a few posts earlier..go see for yourself..there's some really creative designs out there that are sure to inspire you
    Also it hasn't been 9 days since the judging, only 3 The event was anounced on swgemu's homepage and here. Hope you find out about the next event beforehand and we get to see you there
    Fraco
    Thank you for your information. I guess I'll just need to visit the forums more often rather than race to log onto Liberator. :P Yeah I was mistaken about the 9 days.. I think I brain-farted and was thinking about when the contest date had started for some odd reason, I came up with 9 days. :P My bad and sincere apologies. I sure LOVE deco'ing out a house and remember the hours of fun doing so. I did look thru the screens but still had wanted to know which was the winner, and runner-ups. hehe

Well I will definitely be on the alert for any more of these events lol. I had no idea one could even be had as I remember a wipe every day or every other day on TC-Nova so I really had not been doing my duty in paying attention much to TC. Thanks tho and I am very impressed with all that I saw on the video and on the screens! I mean the aquariums and the little cyber-pet were a hoot!

@Aceblade: No problem Aceblade, I was thinking out loud again and that always makes for burdening SOMEone! lol I will be sure and keep my eyes open for the next event involving decorating I'm so elated you guys have gotten so far in bringing us our beloved game back with all the decoration commands! Kudos on the event! I'm so glad for all who were in it! I'm sure it was VERY tough to have decided the one winner and the 2 runner-ups!
    Last edited by Vlada; 10-20-2011 at 06:56 AM. Reason: double post

Play Stats
    Inactive
    My character, Arita/(Hallya on Liberator) won 3rd place, and I took some screenshots. I had a Halloween theme: I made a Nightsister Gaping Spider Cult den, which really creeped everyone out (as intended!)

Basically, I had a coven of thirteen witches dressed all in named black healer robes holding vibro lances (all named after the witch carrying them). All surrounded a grim altar of various bloody offerings. Down in the basement, there were four helpless slaves working away on hex dolls, and another slave trying to escape up the stairs. (Oh, how they try...) On the second story, I had a mating chamber, with a long poem inscribed on the poles that surrounded the bed. (I can give you the poem on this thread if you like. It's an ode to the Spider Queen and her mating habits!). And then on the first floor, a sacrificial chamber with a screaming male slave facing an altar with blobs of gore. I had plenty of messages on the walls, including the disturbing message next to the exit: "Leaving? We think not..."

Here are a couple of screenshots I took of my den:

http://s1102.photobucket.com/albums/...Emu%20Contest/ Hopefully you can see them - I've been having trouble with Photobucket of late.

I hope people had a good time running through my little house of horrors!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceblade View Post
    When nova comes back up I'll see if I can get screen shots of the winning houses (without God Mode plastered all over them) and post them here. I would suggest you go see them all for yourself as noted above. Kreen and I made some tough choices in deciding the winners.
    I can send you mine I got a load of screenies of my place!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Naolla View Post
    My character, Arita/(Hallya on Liberator) won 3rd place, and I took some screenshots. I had a Halloween theme: I made a Nightsister Gaping Spider Cult den, which really creeped everyone out (as intended!)

Basically, I had a coven of thirteen witches dressed all in named black healer robes holding vibro lances (all named after the witch carrying them). All surrounded a grim altar of various bloody offerings. Down in the basement, there were four helpless slaves working away on hex dolls, and another slave trying to escape up the stairs. (Oh, how they try...) On the second story, I had a mating chamber, with a long poem inscribed on the poles that surrounded the bed. (I can give you the poem on this thread if you like. It's an ode to the Spider Queen and her mating habits!). And then on the first floor, a sacrificial chamber with a screaming male slave facing an altar with blobs of gore. I had plenty of messages on the walls, including the disturbing message next to the exit: "Leaving? We think not..."

Here are a couple of screenshots I took of my den:

http://s1102.photobucket.com/albums/...Emu%20Contest/ Hopefully you can see them - I've been having trouble with Photobucket of late.

I hope people had a good time running through my little house of horrors!
    Im still going with the cult thing..it scared mehhh hahaha, but was definitely unique!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    okie so I was gonna upload to save time trying to send them but then I would have like 5 posts with just screenies so.. Photobucket! yayyyy! and scratch that, "me sending you pics aceblade"...I got tis!!

anyway E..nuff bad typing... Here are screen shots of my house, I came in 1st place.

http://photobucket.com/swgemucontest

enjoy!

and big thanks to ace and kreen for the contest an for the others that were in it.. I had a lot of fun and probably wont win next time now that everyone nose my secrets...zzzz jk :P

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Next time you'll have to make the air hockey table work - I don't know how, but it's a must! I wanted to have a Judge vs. Judge game right then and there!
    Former QA Leader

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceblade View Post
    Next time you'll have to make the air hockey table work - I don't know how, but it's a must! I wanted to have a Judge vs. Judge game right then and there!
    next time Ill make a macro for to different people to copy and paste and it'll make an object move back and for when they start it at the same time. :P

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Daaaang Gohan those were awesome screens! Love love love the aquarium and the command ctr screen/table! All of it was so creative... the rugs, the paintings, all of it. Kudos. Oh and Naolla nice job too!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniMe View Post
    Daaaang Gohan those were awesome screens! Love love love the aquarium and the command ctr screen/table! All of it was so creative... the rugs, the paintings, all of it. Kudos. Oh and Naolla nice job too!
    \
    Whyyyyy thank youuu Ill be looking forward to next one, I may.. have more ideas hehe O_O

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I took a bunch of screenshots too, you can see them here if you wish : http://eevil.guildlaunch.com/gallery...478&gid=232504

Unfortunately, I couldnt make the contest because my toon was bugged out of nova and it took place at 6.30am (my time GMT +8) so I missed logging in with my alt. I saw my house in the video above tho so I know that people went in and had a look. Did you see my jacuzzi in the bedroom LOL
    http://64.19.142.12/www.swgemu.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32065&dateline=131056  1915

Retired SWGEmu Staff sgtfunkadelic's Avatar
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Nice to see everyone else's screenies
    Arita, i loved the nightsister house, it was wicked! I thought you played the role really well on the day too...or are you allways this dark? lol
    Gohan's large naboo mansion with its aquarium, airhockey table, jedi displays and media room well and truly deserved first prize, so many good ideas, grats again!
    Dweebs house of spuuuuge was awesome too, loved the jaccuzi,the workshop the mon cal welcome and especially your droid dog, great effort!

One thing's for sure, i'm goin to have to come up with somethin real special for the next decorating event knowing i'm up against the likes of you lot
    Last edited by sgtfunkadelic; 10-22-2011 at 07:22 AM.
    sgtfunkadelic
    Retired SWGEmu Staff

sgtfunkadelic@swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | mIRC Guide | Submit a ticket

Thread Information