Thread: Q & A New server, The Finalizer

Threaded View

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by SLiFeR View Post
    I've given some thought about this, as the first legitimate Rank 11 Jedi on Basilisk, from firsthand experience, I am completely opposed to Fight Clubbing. I'd rather not rank up at all if this is the only option. Let me explain.

Yes, the statement is true, with 2 toon limit, 1 online, it will be difficult to pull off within a small group this time, but people are too used to the Basilisk BS meta now. I can see the server coming together to find a way to make it happen.

What I would suggest to fix it is this: Make a blanket announcement to ban Fight Clubbing (suspicious pattern kills could be tracked) and increase FRS XP per kill drastically (no need to touch any other XP type.)

Anyone caught breaking the rule could just have their rank and xp removed, and made to redo the Knight trials. I think that's fair without having to ban anyone because they PvP dodged.

If I recall, Mitzah was against it when coding the FRS. Also fairly certain from memory, SOE CSR's banned people back in the day for this, but reversed their stance later. Big mistake.

Just my feedback on this topic. I think Staff have been doing an awesome job listening to the community, and most of the decisions are perfect for Finalizer. But this one could be a big oversight for the Jedi population. However, you guys also have 6 weeks to discuss it and figure this out before it becomes an issue.

Perhaps others have a better solution. Would love to hear the ideas.
    Other servers have already solved this issue.

Increase the amount of FRS you receive from pvp kills, decrease the decay rate.

Add a global killboard. (allows the community to monitor and doesn't force the dev's to backtrack logs)

**Some things I have seen from other modded servers is adding a GCW ranking structure like jedi has FRS** for the pvpers that dont want to go jedi... but the same mechanics as if they are in the FRS but they gain GCW to increase their stats.
    It also allows for jedi/elite proffs to gain ranking off one another.
    Last edited by Duloh; 12-13-2021 at 06:29 PM.

Thread Information