Closed Thread
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Q & A New server, The Finalizer

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    FRS XP should only be awarded for opposing enclave kills, and the xp should not be split like it is in vanilla. If you allow it to be awarded on non Jedi kills (like BH) it is far more open to exploitation and fight clubbing.

In regards to the credit sink issue - In my opinion the best solution would be that the bounty hunter has to pay a fee to accept a mission that is a % of the payout itself. Upon completing their mission, they receive that money back, or upon failure, that money goes towards the person being hunted. So there is some incentive to stay in fight.
    Last edited by dedaskalion; 12-14-2021 at 02:03 AM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by dedaskalion View Post
    FRS XP should only be awarded for opposing enclave kills, and the xp should not be split like it is in vanilla. If you allow it to be awarded on non Jedi kills (like BH) it is far more open to exploitation and fight clubbing.

In regards to the credit sink issue - In my opinion the best solution would be that the bounty hunter has to pay a fee to accept a mission that I'd a % of the payout itself. Upon completing their mission, they received that money back, or upon failure, that money goes towards the person being hunted. So there is some incentive to stay in fight.
    The whole enclave thing is just ****ing stupid because it forces you to have one template in enclave and one outside if you want to be effective.
    Especially on dark side,
    it was proven over how many years that imperials can barely get a long with anyone,
    as much as i enjoy the infighting over there it's not good for a healthy server.
    Drop off: Loot from the all mighty
    South Eisley Mall : 3522 - 5596

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by oMek View Post
    Remove non cert dots
    Remove legend/Except drops for items and comps
    Make PVP tef you out of SL buffs like BHing does, and leave it planet wide for PVE, or make SL buffs apply to SL so it can be played in the field.
    you have to be certed to use a weapon dot already.

I think people should have the option of actively playing SL to benefit their group. SL as a bot with planet wide effect is hot garbage that needs to die along with bas
    Last edited by dedaskalion; 12-14-2021 at 02:33 AM.

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Saffe View Post
    The whole enclave thing is just ****ing stupid because it forces you to have one template in enclave and one outside if you want to be effective.
    Especially on dark side,
    it was proven over how many years that imperials can barely get a long with anyone,
    as much as i enjoy the infighting over there it's not good for a healthy server.
    the drama only exists as long as there is fight club. Removing FRS from normies and limiting the amount of toons per account greatly reduces the chance of successful fight clubs forming.

There is never any enclave drama when seats have to be filled naturally. It's a byproduct of FC allowing Jedi to always be max FRS XP

Demotions on lightside and dueling on darkside did not happen on live until the introduction of seats being permanently filled due to FC

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenac View Post
    Thanks!!! That looks awesome!

Now the question is: When????

This!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Play Stats
    31h last 30d
    the drama only exists as long as there is fight club. Removing FRS from normies and limiting the amount of toons per account greatly reduces the chance of successful fight clubs forming.

There is never any enclave drama when seats have to be filled naturally. It's a byproduct of FC allowing Jedi to always be max FRS XP

Demotions on lightside and dueling on darkside did not happen on live until the introduction of seats being permanently filled due to FC
    Well said. Having to actually work for Rank and earn it has always been the entire point too.
    <JuDGE> Guild Leader | First SWGEmu Jedi Knight & Rank 11 Jedi Council Leader

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Is there a set amount of days you plan to announce the launch of the new server before it actually goes live? Or is it just going to be when its up, its up, sort of deal? Really hoping there's at least a few days lead time so I can put in for a few vacation days at work

Very excited!!

Thanks everyone who is continuing to keep this dream alive.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Renkotsu View Post
    Is there a set amount of days you plan to announce the launch of the new server before it actually goes live? Or is it just going to be when its up, its up, sort of deal? Really hoping there's at least a few days lead time so I can put in for a few vacation days at work

Very excited!!

Thanks everyone who is continuing to keep this dream alive.
    As I have said earlier, we have talked about the 188th, but I doubt we will make it. We would rather delay it than rush it and not have a good start. There is a lot that needs to be in place. So this makes it a bit difficult to make a prediction of when we announce the launch.
    Lolindir
    SWGEmu Admin

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Play Stats
    Inactive
    So serious question: will trading credits/items/services on Finalizer in exchange for credits/items/services on Basilisk be allowed?

One of the things that is so exciting about a fresh server is a fresh economy, if players are trading items on one server in exchange for something else on a different server it kinda seems like it will corrupt the new fresh economy to me.
    DrPauly / MrPauly

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by RedPatriot View Post
    So serious question: will trading credits/items/services on Finalizer in exchange for credits/items/services on Basilisk be allowed?

One of the things that is so exciting about a fresh server is a fresh economy, if players are trading items on one server in exchange for something else on a different server it kinda seems like it will corrupt the new fresh economy to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jidha View Post
    Im aware of the moving things over servers, however is there going to be any ruling on cross-server trades?
    example: i trade an exceptional tissue to someone on Bas. that same person trades me a rare tissue over on finalizer as the deal.
    i would like this to be known before things start.
    allowed, banned, frowned upon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
    ATM our stance is "Frowned Upon". We'll see as the servers unfold however.
    Sounds to me like "do it at your own risk"
    Katsa - TKM/Master Ranger | Biznatch - Currently Training
    Reasonable Resources (Animal) located south of Coronet -185 -5880

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Any chance of allowing group xp? It's always sad when mmo's punish players for questing/grouping together to do content with reduced xp rates. I know CU changed the way xp was gained in groups, any chance we do that for this server?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Mount Doom View Post
    Any chance of allowing group xp? It's always sad when mmo's punish players for questing/grouping together to do content with reduced xp rates. I know CU changed the way xp was gained in groups, any chance we do that for this server?
    I thought there was a slight increase for being in a group as it is currently? I know the payout doesn't work like it once did where the group weren't within range the person with the mission got the full payout upon completing the mission.

I'm sure spin groups will be back in force for grinding credits and levelling up on the new server to begin with at least.
    Katsa - TKM/Master Ranger | Biznatch - Currently Training
    Reasonable Resources (Animal) located south of Coronet -185 -5880

Play Stats
    Inactive
    In regards to the FRS, I concur with what most of what has been said here. If you want to avoid any sort of fight-clubbing, exploitation, etc. You simply need to give full FRE to all Force Ranked Jedi who get a hit on the target, I would honestly push for the list to refresh faster but that doesn't seem to be the scope of the whole server. I don't think that solves the myriad of problems with the FRS as it stands in 14.1 but it definitely impacts enough to make it worthwhile and promotes an active PvP environment.

EDIT: As an addendum, I think that removing FR Experience being gained from non-Jedi (Bounty Hunters) would go a long way to prohibit fighting clubbing and force more active PvP.
    Last edited by Farsun; 12-15-2021 at 12:56 AM.
    Firewarrior/Farsun

Retired SWGEmu CSR
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    you have to be certed to use a weapon dot already.

I think people should have the option of actively playing SL to benefit their group. SL as a bot with planet wide effect is hot garbage that needs to die along with bas
    Stone knives, CDEF weapons etc have no cert.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Mount Doom View Post
    players might progress a little too quickly, although im all in favour of getting players to cooperate more.

Perhaps a compromise would be a 50% reduction in exp accross the board, but every player who hits the creature gets full exp. I dunno, im just spitballin, but it would be nice if the community came together more.

Closed Thread

Thread Information