Closed Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Q & A New server, The Finalizer

Play Stats
    Inactive
    This is seriously the best you can do with 14.1 and would call this a wishlist server.

The only thing I think could have topped this is not splitting group xp. This instantly brings the community together by people asking to join groups. You would see a group of 15 waiting for 5 more.

FRSXP also needs to not split. I have created a tool to show this and hopefully Gospel can make a video on it.

Either way, well done... Wow, good stuff.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by straes View Post
    Is 48 hours a sufficient amount of time to fake catching covid and getting a proper isolation set up?
    Don't give me ideas...
    Lolindir
    SWGEmu Admin

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba View Post
    I may not be the person who enjoys staring 24/7 at my computer screen, but nonetheless I am an entertainer from the bottom of my heart! The community can count on me not as a buff bot, but even more as a decent, bubbly and engaged live ATK-entertainer =).

I might open up a thread here on the forums for all ATK-entertainers willing to unite on the new server .

Best regards

Boba also known as Filyns'Me
    this is the type of person that made this game as good as we remember. bravo, i cant wait to help make you rich.

People please remember, you have 250 skill points, they dont ALL have to be spent on combat, they dont all have to be spent on crafting, and they dont ALL have to be spent on buffing, you are free to mix and match or min and max. its your choice!

I think people have forgotten why we loved this game 18 years ago. Experience the greatest star wars saga ever told - YOURS!

this is your story, live it whatever way you want.
    Last edited by Starkiller01; 12-12-2021 at 04:38 PM.

Play Stats
    1h last 30d
    Don't know if this has been asked or not, since there will be Basilisk and Finalizer. will there be 2 trade forums?
    IGN golf' or 'golf

Fully Taped Master Armorsmith -RIS Certified / Master Smuggler

Drop off vendor Tatooine: /way 3525 -5690 Finalizer

Play Stats
    409h last 30d
    Your favorite Weaponsmith will be there, but it may take me a while to get up to speed. Grinding barrels/metal staffs is going to suck! If they change their minds on only 1 char online at a time, I would definitely make an entertainer while my Weaponsmith slowly builds up his empire!

IGN Shyloe, and Cydonia. Drop-off vendor located @ /way 6188, 6206. NIKA Marketplace.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    So excited!!! It will be a great, interesting experiment for the drop of 1.0. While many of us have contemplated what character we would roll 1st and then 2nd and how we might as a community guild up and coordinate efforts from day 1 of 1.0, this is an excellent trial run.

Honestly on Basilisk I only log my 1 toon weekly to keep the guild leader elections from firing up, and my 2nd toon to keep items on the bazaar to keep up maint on our GH and my workshop. However I will most definitely put in the grind time on this new server BECAUSE of the challenges it will present!

I hope, regarding the issue of ents that those of us who will be dependent on the ents will SHOW OUR APPRECIATION for those who "sacrifice" one of their slots and potential gameplay with lots and lots of TIPS. Honestly as an ent you could hopefully make some serious coin! On live it was the docs who made the serious coin and ents were kinda neglected.

Thanks to the SWGEMU team for the wonderful Christmas present!

Dedicated
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Firstly, this is probably the best post I’ve seen on these forums.

Couple points though.

If the intention of this new server is to reinvigorate the community, basilisk should be closed. Maintaining both servers does nothing but fragment an already dwindling population. Everyone signed up for basilisk knowing it would one day be wiped, let that day be now. With 1 character max online the new server will need every available person in this community to truly flourish.

Secondly, with the removal of adks and given current decay rates, PSGs will break in seconds and are effectively useless. This makes for a strong jedi meta. If jedi is the dominant pvp/pve class it will disrupt the economy by reducing the need of medical, weapon, armoring, and several food types. It will create dead pockets in the economy. These dead spots won’t be truly realized until the masses finish their 6-8 week jedi grind. An excessively high jedi population is not healthy for the interdependent goal this project is seeking.
    Anza

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I will donate 150 dollars to EMU if this is done before December 20th..... Oddly enough when my vacation starts.
    Last edited by franklin920; 12-12-2021 at 04:42 PM.
    Drop off Below!
    @Theed -4214 5385 Z-Inc Premium Droids vendor

Developer
    Play Stats
    14h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by Eskandar View Post

Couple points though.

If the intention of this new server is to reinvigorate the community, basilisk should be closed. Maintaining both servers does nothing but fragment an already dwindling population. Everyone signed up for basilisk knowing it would one day be wiped, let that day be now. With 1 character max online the new server will need every available person in this community to truly flourish.

Secondly, with the removal of adks and given current decay rates, PSGs will break in seconds and are effectively useless. This makes for a strong jedi meta. If jedi is the dominant pvp/pve class it will disrupt the economy by reducing the need of medical, weapon, armoring, and several food types. It will create dead pockets in the economy. These dead spots won’t be truly realized until the masses finish their 6-8 week jedi grind. An excessively high jedi population is not healthy for the interdependent goal this project is seeking.

Point 1, I agree. However the data is there from the vote and the community has spoken. Hopefully Finalizer will take off and draw players in there.

Point 2, yes that is something we will monitor and have noted, but did not want to touch as of right now. I'm aware of the decay rate of PSGs and their condition values. However the meta of ADK'ed PSGs was very far from 14.1 as well, which is the goal at this stage.
    Hakry
    Developer

Hakry@SWGEmu.com | Code Commits
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Dedicated
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Boosting the condition on psgs would be a pretty quick fix I think
    Anza

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Put into the placeholder post:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolindir View Post
    Q: Will we be able to transfer items from Basilisk to Finalizer and vice versa?
    A: No, there will be no transfers from one server to the next, of any kind.
    Lolindir
    SWGEmu Admin

How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Boosting the condition on psgs would be a pretty quick fix I think
    i dont think there are many who would be against a boost in PSG condition, its definately a discussion worth having during the next 2 months before we see any full temp jedi. I think my only slight issue is that there are plenty of templates that can stand toe to toe with a jedi without a psg, adked psg's have helped no one. jedi wont stay and fight a battle they cant win. In addition, when you consider multiple BH's can attack the same jedi with no outside help, I honestly dont think PSGs are going to make that much of a diff. Again having said that, i dont think anyone would disagree with a boost in condition.

Play Stats
    Inactive

Couple points though.

This is all 100% accurate
    God Save the Rebellion

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by CanderousOrdo View Post
    This is all 100% accurate
    How will you make credits if there are no ADKs to steal from noobs?

/way -200 -5678 The Mall
    Current Stock

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrson View Post
    How will you make credits if there are no ADKs to steal from noobs?
    Thats funny you ask rn, my financial advisors are talking to me about this as I type
    God Save the Rebellion

Closed Thread

Thread Information