Closed Thread
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Q & A New server, The Finalizer

SWGEmu Retired Community Relations bigevil's Avatar
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    I have a month off of school in about ten days.... maybe join a group of enterprising rangers....well.....scouts...lol for some good hunts.

This all sounds wonderful
    Retired Community Relations

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    Is what I am doing in the game wrong? How do I know? If in doubt, contact Staff.

SWGEmu Guides and Helpful Links / complaint@swgemu.com for violations or complaints / LIVE Support

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by bigevil View Post
    I have a month off of school in about ten days.... maybe join a group of enterprising rangers....well.....scouts...lol for some good hunts.

This all sounds wonderful
    Hope to see you out there!
    Lolindir
    SWGEmu Admin

How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

SWGEmu Retired Community Relations bigevil's Avatar
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolindir View Post
    Hope to see you out there!
    You too my friend.
    Retired Community Relations

Is what I am doing in the game wrong? How do I know? If in doubt, contact Staff.

SWGEmu Guides and Helpful Links / complaint@swgemu.com for violations or complaints / LIVE Support

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Been away from Emu for too long and this news has made my day. Cant wait to get back

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Will there be jedi tapes?

+speed // +accuracy // +force regen

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Consider lowering max dot uses to 1000 on weapon dots.

This is a good time to revert the mistake of applying AP to PSGs also. It will also make them last longer
    Last edited by dedaskalion; 12-12-2021 at 10:58 PM.

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    limiting log ins is a good first step.

One thing I wanted to do on a small server a friend and I was hosting was making caves and bunker's pvp'ed enabled
    Last edited by Farelli; 12-13-2021 at 01:36 PM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by dedaskalion View Post
    limiting log ins is a good first step.

One thing I wanted to do on a small server a friend and I was hosting was making caves and bunker's pvp'ed enabled
    it will 100% slow down progress... because you will have one group of people rushing TKM and the other group sitting and hand sampling... since ideally no one can do both... (assuming no one gets multiple accounts)

Play Stats
    Inactive
    YaY! Thank you thank you thank you!!!

Play Stats
    205h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolindir View Post
    Q: Will you change how FRS xp is earned so there’s no need for fight clubs, balance changes to looted dot weapons or CM dots or addressing the AFKers, Ewoks/Krayts/Acklay etc?
    A: We feel that the change to 2 characters and one online at the time, will make it so that the players are more dependent on each other and that it will make fight clubs harder to achieve. It will still be possible to do. To solve that, would require a new system and that is not something we can do at the start of this server.
    I think a decent fix for FRS gain rates would be to make a % of Bounty Hunter reward credits be converted into both Jedi XP and FRS xp. In 14.1 it's basically all risk no reward for Jedi taking on bounty hunters, especially non MBH. A jedi/dark knight will have a bounty of ~250k-~1.2mil depending on rank and amount of BH's he's defeated while on terms. You could convert 10% of that (25k) into Jedi XP and then 5-10% of that Jedi XP (1.25k-2.5k) into FRS. That amount could be split between the 1-5 BH's who take your mission so you would have to kill off the entire group to get the full amount of XP.

Dedicated
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by ventis View Post
    Isnt this just another test server that will be wiped within a year or 2? I mean whats the point we are better off staying on Bas.
    Sadly due to 10 toons per account, and ADK's half of the game is even remotely close to being playable the way it was meant too be. So better off staying on basilisk? Not even close. Basilisk no longer represents what a play server would be like in the future, this server will.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I think your changes are a perfect start for a fresh server. This is very cool.

But I am curious about the statistics on existing multi-account households. If one of the main objectives is discovering and documenting a new gaming dynamic with limited characters and single online characters, will multi-accounts be scrutinized? Are there people with 3 or more accounts right now? Just curious what those stats are, if they can be shared publicly.

Also, I think there should be a limit on how much maintenance can be added to structures/vendors/etc., which would compliment the removal of the bank account withdrawal feature. This forces a transaction by someone to maintain that structure, potentially the structure owner, but not necessarily. And it means that if they don't maintain their structures, they go poof and other players can take the spot of an inactive player. Many would might not agree with me here, but it could be a possible solution to keep the landscape and player cities somewhat cleaner and consolidated.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Opiam View Post
    Been away from Emu for too long and this news has made my day. Cant wait to get back
    Same here man, starting up fresh with others feels fun, especially with 2 toons max.
    BillyMays OxiClean
    OxiClean Armor
    North of Theed, Naboo
    -5646, 6146

Play Stats
    Inactive
    The next 1-2 weeks are going to feel like forever. So stoked to start playing again on a fresh server.

Play Stats
    676h last 30d
    Ok i'm ready for finalizer to be wiped now.

Closed Thread

Thread Information