Closed Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Q & A New server, The Finalizer

Dedicated
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    I was wondering why we can't run dual instances (2 toons on at the same time)? I think that was allowed at 14.1. I was allowed during the CU.
    Please make drops to Poo's Booty Vendor at 806, -3900 on Corellia.

Dedicated
    Play Stats
    11h last 30d
    New question for you.

I know JTL isn't coming anytime soon, but is it possible to enable ships (on the new test server) so that we can use them for travel? Disable the launch button and just allow a starter ship to hop between planets. Rather than having to go through Coronet.
    Natir - Padawan Nalten - Armoursmith Arlan - Something
    Honour
    Vendor 405 -3550 Dant

Play Stats
    Inactive
    So everyone who thinks Bas should be taken down should give me all their stuff on Bas. That way you'll never be tempted to "be part of the problem' and log back into Bas. Just give me your credits, ADKs, exceptionals, etc.

I'll captain the RMS Basilisk until the very end and then go down with the spaceship.

I'll drop a new house on Veplantis and name it something like "Finalizer Offerings" and then I'll just drop everyone's stuff there. I can even make little plaques with your name next to the pile of stuff you ditched on Bas to ensure safe travels to Finalizer.

/way -200 -5678 The Mall
    Current Stock

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Poobacca View Post
    I was wondering why we can't run dual instances (2 toons on at the same time)? I think that was allowed at 14.1. I was allowed during the CU.
    No, that was never part of 14.1. 2 characters online at the same time is a big issue for a game like SWG. interdependence on other players is maybe the biggest one. This is an MMO after all. End game becomes easy mode with 2 characters filled up with aliases and macros.

We want to see what the 1 character online will do to the dynamics of the server.
    Lolindir
    SWGEmu Admin

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolindir View Post
    No, that was never part of 14.1. 2 characters online at the same time is a big issue for a game like SWG. interdependence on other players is maybe the biggest one. This is an MMO after all. End game becomes easy mode with 2 characters filled up with aliases and macros.

We want to see what the 1 character online will do to the dynamics of the server.
    I’m amongst many other are extremely excited for the a new server finally!.

How do we create our new characters on this new server ensuring we keep our Basilik main toon names?
    I read about the reservation of names but are trying to understand how that will work.

Thanks!
    Oaken Wave - Kettemoor

Play Stats
    Inactive

this is true. I had a doctor alt and a jedi main, I used to log in my jedi, then log my doc and quickly buff my jedi while he was LD. sometimes i wouldnt be quick enough and have to log in again for the last buff. the only way having more than 1 character was possible, was if you had more than 1 account.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Hi, great news.

I have one question, the new server, is this permanent or will that be wiped at some stage.

Apologies if it has been answered somewhere, really busy doing sunday dinner, putting xmas tree up, wrapping presents, preparing for work tomorrow, housework etc etc etc.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by peltaria View Post
    Hi, great news.

I have one question, the new server, is this permanent or will that be wiped at some stage.

Apologies if it has been answered somewhere, really busy doing sunday dinner, putting xmas tree up, wrapping presents, preparing for work tomorrow, housework etc etc etc.
    Q: Will we see frequent wipes, let’s say every 2 years and not a 9 year as Basilisk?
    A: No, we don’t plan to wipe this server regularly. It’s a test server, so you never know what happens when we start to make changes. When we reach the 1.0 milestone and are ready to post our new production server, both Basilisk and Finalizer will be taken down.
    There ya go.

/way -200 -5678 The Mall
    Current Stock

Dedicated
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    So, if I am getting this right, the new server (Finalizer) will start fresh and will continue on to finishing 14.1, then it will close, sometime in the near hopeful future. Once 14.1 is done a new permanent server (Suncrusher?) will open and will bring in content beyond 14.1.

Or is it correct to say that the Finalizer server at some point will declare 14.1 finished and will just continue using that server for post 14.1 content?

I see this answered by response above....

Will our current Bas server get the same updates/publishes? Or will it remain static as it is today?
    Last edited by Poobacca; 12-12-2021 at 05:54 PM.

Play Stats
    375h last 30d
    Q: Can we introduce elements of change to keep wipes different and exciting?
    - Resource scarcity (less common high-end resources to keep armor from being 80kin the first month of play. I think Benny was making padded the first few weeks of bask at 72kin)

80% was actually available at the start and my friend Johnson made it by the crate load. I have a set in my shop still unused
    Finalizer 5184 6258 Kadarra
    12PT Force Sensitive Armorsmith & 12PT Chef

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Starkiller01 View Post
    this is true. I had a doctor alt and a jedi main, I used to log in my jedi, then log my doc and quickly buff my jedi while he was LD. sometimes i wouldnt be quick enough and have to log in again for the last buff. the only way having more than 1 character was possible, was if you had more than 1 account.
    We have the LD part here too. It last 3 minutes. You can give it a doc buff, but not any thing else, or trade.
    Lolindir
    SWGEmu Admin

How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Dedicated
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Can you comment on if Bas will continue to get updates/pubs/patches? Or will it stay as it is now?

Quality Assurance
    Play Stats
    1h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by Poobacca View Post
    Can you comment on if Bas will continue to get updates/pubs/patches? Or will it stay as it is now?
    Why wouldn't it? This server is what I cann 'advanced' nova, in that it gets patches very nearly as often as Nova does, Bas will get it once everything has been tested, which this should help us test changes much quicker.
    Fastburn
    Quality Assurance

Fastburn@SWGEmu.com | Code Commits
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Play Stats
    99h last 30d
    I'm eager to check it out! I'm going to have to actually fill my house maintanence now rather than rely on my bank but that's definitely a good change.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Wow what a time to come back to these forums! Looks pretty exciting to me. Now debating what to even do....go Armorsmith? Be a Ranger? CH/BE? Oh boy!

-BillyMays OxiClean
    BillyMays OxiClean
    OxiClean Armor
    North of Theed, Naboo
    -5646, 6146

Closed Thread

Thread Information