Closed Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Q & A New server, The Finalizer

Play Stats
    4h last 30d
    but main streets still all cracked and broken!

Play Stats
    113h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gunslinger View Post
    So, what about dancer and doctor buff bots? Is anyone going to sacrifice their one character online to provide buff services? You overcame this on live by simply buying another account.
    Comes down to basic economics, if entertainers are rare you can make a cantina with an entrance fee. People will pay!

IGN Shyloe, and Cydonia. Drop-off vendor located @ /way 6188, 6206. NIKA Marketplace.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenac View Post
    What's the point? Making a remake of basilisk with everyone being self sufficient and killing the community & the economy again?
    Clearly, 2 characters is more than enough. Most of us played with only 1 char back on live. At least at start, and for the first months (years for some, most of my friends back then had only one account and one toon).
    Back in Live days you had the option to buy a 2nd copy of the game and pay a 2nd monthly subscription (hell, you could have as many accounts as you could afford - both financially, and time wise). Many of us were happy to do so, which served the individual only in a lot of cases, but also allowed for plenty to serve the community also with doctors, entertainers and crafters alike.

I get we don't want multi-accounters exploiting and gaining big advantages, but at the same time we need the facility for people to get buffs and resources/components to serve the community without limiting players options as much.

It's pretty much an impossible situation given that this project cannot charge subscriptions, but there won't be the same options that there were back in Live days. How will this effect the new server moving on? Only time will tell.

It's just a crying shame that the minority that exploit the current system ruin those options for the rest of us.
    Katsa - TKM/Master Ranger | Biznatch - Currently Training
    Reasonable Resources (Animal) located south of Coronet -185 -5880

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Hype AF!!!!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Starkiller01 View Post
    umm... PSG's still have lightsaber resistance. you dont lose anything by removing ADK's you just need to be better with your inventory management
    Yeah you're right, because PSG's work effectively vs LS damage compared to armor for every other damage type. Oh wait, no they don't, and therefore it's significantly unbalanced. I never had any armor that was in reasonable condition break during PVP/PVE back on Live, but PSG's last what a minute or two vs LS, so unless the condition is increased to reflect this it will always be unbalanced.

I'd love to hear a logical argument to this point. Unless of course you think that it's fair to have to carry 20 uncrated PSG's to try and survive any Jedi encounter whether that be PVP or PVE rather than finding a more balanced solution to this problem?

When you add the removal of ADK's with the limiting of SL buff range, I fail to see how any of this is keeping with 14.1 rather than cherry picking what to keep and what to change. Would the vote have gone the same way if people were aware these kind of changes would be made? I for one think enough people may have voted differently if armed with the results of the Q&A.
    Last edited by Katsa; 12-12-2021 at 02:02 PM.
    Katsa - TKM/Master Ranger | Biznatch - Currently Training
    Reasonable Resources (Animal) located south of Coronet -185 -5880

Play Stats
    Inactive
    So a few things.

1. I'm going on vacation for 2 weeks and am bummed I will be behind!

2. I think you should re-run the in-game survey now that you posted the details. A lot of people (including myself) would not have voted to play on the new server only with these details.

3. My issues are only 2 slots and only 1 online at a time. Everything else I like. But the population is not enough and never will be enough again to be comfortable with two
    character slots. Very few will sacrifice their one online at a time account to buff people which then will make grinding a new toon even less fun (or more challenging...who knows).
    It also makes it difficult to trade items between toons as it will be a while before people can afford houses and such. I believe a minimum of 3 toons with two online at a time
    would have been a better compromise.

Just my thoughts.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Can you imagine the /tellhell that person with the entertainer will be in when they aren't on their entertainer?

All the profession dependencies that are baked into the game mostly work when you have thousands of players to pool from. The game grinds to a halt and eventually breaks when one of those in the supply chain of goods/services leave the game.

Nobody is going to run a buff bot that just about requires 24/7 attendance and effectively blocks out the rest of the game for them. Or maybe I'm delusional in not believing that there's this legion of players that can't wait to run an automated macro while staring at their computer screen and doing nothing else in SWG.

Play Stats
    3h last 30d
    Not surprised in the least that an in-server poll found... that the few tumbleweeds left in the server, voted to stay as tumbleweeds.
    I logged in to cast my vote for the creation of this new thingamajig.
    Hella excited here and I have two other friends who are anxiously awaiting this reroll. Super happy that we're gonna get a fresh run at this - if only "temporarily".
    Toss you a couple bucks in a minute, 'cause this is the kinda progress I've been waiting for. Thank you!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Let's go /10
    Falx Renend
    Finalizer: ( Falxi / Falxx )

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Wipe hype! Please let us know atleast 48 hours beforehand so we can prepare for launch.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by blazinyou View Post
    Wipe hype! Please let us know atleast 48 hours beforehand so we can prepare for launch.
    Is 48 hours a sufficient amount of time to fake catching covid and getting a proper isolation set up?
    Straes & Tomb (Wanderhome)

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Awesome!!! well done team! Hopefully a bit of xmas SWG!!
    Praxi Starwalker
    Bria Server
    'RFR' - Rebel Force Recon
    'SOH' -Soldiers of Honour

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Exciting news and times, thank you.
    WAFFA/HASMIR
    Antiquities collector
    Tapes/Loot/Drop Off @ 2587 -4575 (WEST OF EISLEY)

Play Stats
    11h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gunslinger View Post

Nobody is going to run a buff bot that just about requires 24/7 attendance and effectively blocks out the rest of the game for them. Or maybe I'm delusional in not believing that there's this legion of players that can't wait to run an automated macro while staring at their computer screen and doing nothing else in SWG.
    I may not be the person who enjoys staring 24/7 at my computer screen, but nonetheless I am an entertainer from the bottom of my heart! The community can count on me not as a buff bot, but even more as a decent, bubbly and engaged live ATK-entertainer =).

I might open up a thread here on the forums for all ATK-entertainers willing to unite on the new server .

Best regards

Boba also known as Filyns'Me

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I love reading all this excitement! I wish only the best for those braving the new world!

Closed Thread

Thread Information