Closed Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Q & A New server, The Finalizer

Retired SWGEmu Staff
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrax989 View Post
    Any chance of a discord chat bot that will pull live chat into the discord and vise versa ?
    Live chat?
    Glenac Smodre .:[Smd]:.
    Drop-Off: Lok /way 520 5680 Nym's Express Badge

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Like the changes would of liked xp increase by 2x and no penalty for grouping like during cu.
    I think it makes no sense to encourage solo play in a mmo. I honestly have no idea what soe were thinking at that time.
    Really liked the xp changes on deda intended server we played on awhile back. Progressed at a more enjoyably rate.
    Pass from me. Enjoy the new server. Great job staff.
    Last edited by avimeso; 12-12-2021 at 10:41 AM.

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    note those names that are all hyped. 6 months from now, be calling for another wipe.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Fissile View Post
    note those names that are all hyped. 6 months from now, be calling for another wipe.
    Not sure I agree. I mean, they've stated they want to keep making changes down the line. A lot of things are fixed with just these few changes. I could only see a wipe happening unless they made a change that requires a wipe OR 1.0/1.0+

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Regarding character slots please consider a time base unlock for more. I am assuming by account would be tough so wide unlocks would be easier(?), but if every 3 months you added a character slot up to 5 or w/e it would have a good balance.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Fissile View Post
    Not betting against you but I guess we will have to wait and see
    Drop off: Loot from the all mighty
    South Eisley Mall : 3522 - 5596

Retired SWGEmu Staff
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Taxed View Post
    Regarding character slots please consider a time base unlock for more. I am assuming by account would be tough so wide unlocks would be easier(?), but if every 3 months you added a character slot up to 5 or w/e it would have a good balance.
    What's the point? Making a remake of basilisk with everyone being self sufficient and killing the community & the economy again?
    Clearly, 2 characters is more than enough. Most of us played with only 1 char back on live. At least at start, and for the first months (years for some, most of my friends back then had only one account and one toon).
    Glenac Smodre .:[Smd]:.
    Drop-Off: Lok /way 520 5680 Nym's Express Badge

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Thank you to the swgemu team for the great engagement with the community. This is great news and I love the changes they decided to go with.

Play Stats
    4h last 30d
    is there a chance the track could bend?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I dig it, I like that you went with the idea of surveying the community, it seems to have worked well!

IGN: Wimplo / Tweece

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by dsrules View Post
    is there a chance the track could bend?
    This server is also for us to experiment. No one can say what will happen down the line, but I can say that we will make changes.
    Lolindir
    SWGEmu Admin

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Play Stats
    Inactive
    So, what about dancer and doctor buff bots? Is anyone going to sacrifice their one character online to provide buff services? You overcame this on live by simply buying another account.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Looks like it's going to be Jedi Wars Galaxies with the removal of ADK's.

I get that PVP was never really balanced, but I fail to see how anyone can argue that LS damage being massively overpowered was largely responsible for this back on live. I for one think that the removal of ADK's will only create more issues than it will solve, especially given that provided they are account locked this negates the risk of account farming and exploitation/significant advantage being given to people owning multiple ADK's.

Personally I'd like to see a poll created for the addition/removal of ADK's (and the Resource Deed and Self Powered Harvester Deed too for that matter) rather than simply bending to the vocal majority on the forums/discord.

Had I been armed with the knowledge that Jedi would be OP once again, I for one would have voted differently - and this is coming from someone who has had zero interest in PVP all the time I've played on Basilisk.

I understand that this isn't a thread for discussion of ADK's (a debate I've never really engaged in up until now), but I foresee a server largely populated by Jedi which will do as much, if not more damage to the community than the presence of ADK's alone.

/flame away.
    Katsa - TKM/Master Ranger | Biznatch - Currently Training
    Reasonable Resources (Animal) located south of Coronet -185 -5880

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Katsa View Post
    Looks like it's going to be Jedi Wars Galaxies with the removal of ADK's.

I get that PVP was never really balanced, but I fail to see how anyone can argue that LS damage being massively overpowered was largely responsible for this back on live. I for one think that the removal of ADK's will only create more issues than it will solve, especially given that provided they are account locked this negates the risk of account farming and exploitation/significant advantage being given to people owning multiple ADK's.

Personally I'd like to see a poll created for the addition/removal of ADK's (and the Resource Deed and Self Powered Harvester Deed too for that matter) rather than simply bending to the vocal majority on the forums/discord.

Had I been armed with the knowledge that Jedi would be OP once again, I for one would have voted differently - and this is coming from someone who has had zero interest in PVP all the time I've played on Basilisk.

I understand that this isn't a thread for discussion of ADK's (a debate I've never really engaged in up until now), but I foresee a server largely populated by Jedi which will do as much, if not more damage to the community than the presence of ADK's alone.

/flame away.
    umm... PSG's still have lightsaber resistance. you dont lose anything by removing ADK's you just need to be better with your inventory management

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Imagine all those players that had 50 or 100 toons on Basilisk. I feel sorry for them

Closed Thread

Thread Information