Closed Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Q & A New server, The Finalizer

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    If you're updating every Tuesday, it would be simple to enable group xp for a single week at least to get a larger pool of feedback as opposed to whatever you're doing on your own and it really doesn't harm anything

I just don't understand why people would want to keep the combat grinding so tedious and monotonous in this game.

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by dedaskalion View Post
    If you're updating every Tuesday, it would be simple to enable group xp for a single week at least to get a larger pool of feedback as opposed to whatever you're doing on your own and it really doesn't harm anything

I just don't understand why people would want to keep the combat grinding so tedious and monotonous in this game.
    I think they just want us to have a full time job on a test server emulating a 17 year old game.

Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by avimeso View Post
    I think they just want us to have a full time job on a test server emulating a 17 year old game.
    Well its a full time job just keeping it running and keeping people from cheating, so seems only fair!

LordKator
    Developer

lordkator@swgemu.com | www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I don't see the point in now stalling the group XP "fix", because thats what it really is. In a few short days we're going to have armor, buffs, weapons that will effectively make things solo whereas we could have the group XP fix in, allow players to grind and do missions together without the armor, weapons and buffs and when that stuff comes still allow them to do missions together to grind, etc.
    Firewarrior/Farsun

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Hello there

Finaly, some action here

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Group xp only accelerates your grind to a certain point.

If we use jedi as an example, because dervish is an easily recognizable milestone, it would only accelerate the grind until that point. Once you have dervish, you are just as fast solo to clear lairs etc. It's a very diminishing return past that point.

Most people will be grinding at squill caves or bases. All players run the same speed, you can't clear the squill cave out any faster in a group than you would be solo, because a group doesn't accelerate the rate at which you can physically move through the cave. Same concept with bases except its more based around the respawn rate of the NPCs.

If we want to use missions as an example than a group will only cut down on the travel time back and forth from the terminal, because they will cumulatively be able to have more missions at once.

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by lordkator View Post
    Well its a full time job just keeping it running and keeping people from cheating, so seems only fair!

It really shouldnt be but this game is very exploitable with the macro system.
    What are you actually trying to achieve so I can have a think about it? Or have you came up with a solution internally, you just have to code it?
    I have a few ideas what could be done depending on what result you are wanting to achieve, but i'd need to run them past someone who understands the code to see how viable they are time wise.

Play Stats
    54h last 30d
    I figured this was the best place to ask devs, but could you please consider starting to post in the Finalizer Patch Notes forum? I feel like it's less than ideal that for example, warcry was disabled and you'd only really know that if you were in Discord at the time or if you monitor the git commits. There seems to be a large amount of people that aren't aware of the changes as they're implemented.

Obviously there's just as many people who don't use forums but still. The forum is sitting there all empty waiting to be used!

Keep up the great work!
    Finalizer: Vegie (Chef/BE) & Axims (TK/Ranger)

Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Seht View Post
    I figured this was the best place to ask devs, but could you please consider starting to post in the Finalizer Patch Notes forum? I feel like it's less than ideal that for example, warcry was disabled and you'd only really know that if you were in Discord at the time or if you monitor the git commits. There seems to be a large amount of people that aren't aware of the changes as they're implemented.

Obviously there's just as many people who don't use forums but still. The forum is sitting there all empty waiting to be used!

Keep up the great work!
    Sure but if you look at the motd when you login in your chat windows you'd see warcry disabled right in the chat box.
    LordKator
    Developer

lordkator@swgemu.com | www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Seht View Post

Keep up the great work!
    We kind of have that. The weekly update forum. The updates are mostly to Nova, but it is the nova commits that are pushed to finalizer.
    https://www.swgemu.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=179

Making patch notes like we have done for Basilisk takes actually a long time and Isn't something we can do weekly. We will have to look into a solution though. But most things going to Nova, is pushed to Finalizer.
    Lolindir
    SWGEmu Admin

How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Play Stats
    1h last 30d
    Just wanted to say that I am excited for the launch of this game! I haven't devoted much time to playtesting in recent times, but I thank and encourage more to playtest! There is a deep excitement that grows every time I see progress!

Thanks again to the development team and to all of those who have the passion to keep this amazingly beautiful game alive.

May the force be with you all ~ !

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Thank you for all the great work.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I have not been ingame for sometime but the new server sounds great. So far I have not been able to figure out how to enter The Finalizer can someone point me in the right direction please
    Srogei / Icetee/ Ju

Kaadara Spaceport, Naboo

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by cepeed View Post
    I have not been ingame for sometime but the new server sounds great. So far I have not been able to figure out how to enter The Finalizer can someone point me in the right direction please
    just make a new character and choose finalizer server

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    did we kill bas yet? or community divided?
    Last edited by avimeso; 01-19-2022 at 08:26 AM.

Closed Thread

Thread Information