Closed Thread
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Q & A New server, The Finalizer

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Mount Doom View Post
    Any chance of allowing group xp? It's always sad when mmo's punish players for questing/grouping together to do content with reduced xp rates. I know CU changed the way xp was gained in groups, any chance we do that for this server?
    This is 100% a necessity.
    Firewarrior/Farsun

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Mount Doom View Post
    Any chance of allowing group xp? It's always sad when mmo's punish players for questing/grouping together to do content with reduced xp rates. I know CU changed the way xp was gained in groups, any chance we do that for this server?
    Imagine a place where you ask in in-game chat, "LFG to grind with". Someone chimes in, "Yeah we have a group of 18 grinding on Dant come join, missions to the W". You head out get an invite and just 19 of you in a group. No one knows each other and you use in-game chat to have a conversation. Come to find out Tom is starting a guild he is looking for a casual play and make some new friends. Sounds like fun Tom was the one that asked you to join this group today. Come to find out even more that Tom plays most in this time zone also.

Long story short, you become good friends with Tom and have a good relationship for 3 years but then you find out he secretly likes ADK's and you break the friendship. You end up opening chat and ask, "LFG to grind with".

It's a love story and we can all use a little more love and group XP.

Thank you for reading.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Trigues View Post
    Imagine a place where you ask in in-game chat, "LFG to grind with". Someone chimes in, "Yeah we have a group of 18 grinding on Dant come join, missions to the W". You head out get an invite and just 19 of you in a group. No one knows each other and you use in-game chat to have a conversation. Come to find out Tom is starting a guild he is looking for a casual play and make some new friends. Sounds like fun Tom was the one that asked you to join this group today. Come to find out even more that Tom plays most in this time zone also.

Long story short, you become good friends with Tom and have a good relationship for 3 years but then you find out he secretly likes ADK's and you break the friendship. You end up opening chat and ask, "LFG to grind with".

Thank you for reading.
    Very relatable. I was an angsty 14 year old when the CU came. I found out about the spin groups and started running with a guy who hosted piket groups out of the mining outpost. Ended up joining his guild and pvpd with him and the guild all the time over the next few months, I thought we were good friends. That is until one day politics got brought up on Ventrilo and he said he voted for John Kerry. At the time I didn’t understand how one of my best online friends could betray me like that. Dropped the guild and changed factions shortly there after. Went back to LFG, then, all of a sudden the NGE happened and life never was the same. The sad part is, I don’t even remember his IGN.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by eapeih View Post
    Very relatable. I was an angsty 14 year old when the CU came. I found out about the spin groups and started running with a guy who hosted piket groups out of the mining outpost. Ended up joining his guild and pvpd with him and the guild all the time over the next few months, I thought we were good friends. That is until one day politics got brought up on Ventrilo and he said he voted for John Kerry. At the time I didn’t understand how one of my best online friends could betray me like that. Dropped the guild and changed factions shortly there after. Went back to LFG, then, all of a sudden the NGE happened and life never was the same. The sad part is, I don’t even remember his IGN.
    And now I’m sitting here wondering was saddens me more; knowing that this exact interaction would never happen in the current state of the game, or knowing I was so naive of friendships 16 years ago.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Trigues View Post

Thank you for reading.
    My friend and I had fond memories of this creature handler Mabon Macha on Tarquinas that ran awesome groups on Dathomir. Did kamurith defiler quests and he had 2 graul maulers. No one knew each other but we all had such a blast being in his group. No buffs either, and we all just auto attacked everything.

I'm definitely fine not hauling *** as fast as possible getting buffs and working out solo missions. The immersive experience the game had to offer way back in 2003 was just so memorable.
    BillyMays OxiClean
    OxiClean Armor
    North of Theed, Naboo
    -5646, 6146

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Super excited about this, looking forward to a new start. Everyone on the same playing field is a dream and emulates more of how the game was meant to be, where you have to rely on others to some degree.

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolindir View Post
    As I have said earlier, we have talked about the 18th
    Amazing date for launch! Have all the faith in the world! Thanks for making holiday extra special this year!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    when is the new server online? i can only see basilisk and nova right now....

i´m very excited

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by herbzta View Post
    when is the new server online? i can only see basilisk and nova right now....

i´m very excited
    No date announced yet, but it sounds like it may be within the next month or so! They said they were trying to have it up by the holiday but don't quite think that will happen.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I've said that we aim for 18th of December, but I think we will be hard pressed to manage that. We are still working on the changes and we haven't been able to test yet.
    Lolindir
    SWGEmu Admin

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    2009 release date

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by dedaskalion View Post
    FRS XP should only be awarded for opposing enclave kills, and the xp should not be split like it is in vanilla. If you allow it to be awarded on non Jedi kills (like BH) it is far more open to exploitation and fight clubbing.

In regards to the credit sink issue - In my opinion the best solution would be that the bounty hunter has to pay a fee to accept a mission that is a % of the payout itself. Upon completing their mission, they receive that money back, or upon failure, that money goes towards the person being hunted. So there is some incentive to stay in fight.
    Totally agree wit the first part. But paying a fee to accept a mission is an awful idea taking in mind 80% of the times the jedi will be hidding inside a house or he will just forcerun away and the bh will have to drop the mission anyway. The incentive to fight back should be the same as the bh, if you hunt for credits you are not a genuine hunter

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazhar View Post
    Totally agree wit the first part. But paying a fee to accept a mission is an awful idea taking in mind 80% of the times the jedi will be hidding inside a house or he will just forcerun away and the bh will have to drop the mission anyway. The incentive to fight back should be the same as the bh, if you hunt for credits you are not a genuine hunter
    Yeah I think additional changes would need to be made like pay a smuggler to hack a private house that a Jedi is in.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Hi! With this jedi meta there are two points certainly undisputed:
    1- Figth club must be punished.
    2- Psgs without adks need to last longer.

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazhar View Post
    I think on finalizer, it will be more likely that when a person is online, it is actively being played and not sitting AFK, considering you're only allowed to have the one character per account on at a time.

Closed Thread

Thread Information