Closed Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Q & A New server, The Finalizer

Hybrid View

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolindir View Post
    Because we will remove ThePit server and replace it with Finalizer
    any thoughts on allowing SL to use their abilities on self?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Should be easy enough to take Flash Speeders off the Vet Rewards list when the server starts then add them back to the list in 3-6 months once crafted ones are readily available?

Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by shilo View Post
    I asked this question but it was never answered, will time played reset in terms of veteran rewards for finalizer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neener View Post
    This seems to contradict the answer in the Q/A can you elaborate more please?

Q: How will veteran rewards be handled?
    A: Currently this system is handled by account creation time. This is of course not optional for a new server. There would have to be a new system in place to handle this and we don’t have the time to implement something like this.
    We are working on a something to address this, however nothing is certain yet. Our goal will be of course to have it based off the Finalizer oldest character age. We just have to take into account the code being used on servers with pre-existing characters and accounts. We will post more when we have something functional.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythor View Post
    Should be easy enough to take Flash Speeders off the Vet Rewards list when the server starts then add them back to the list in 3-6 months once crafted ones are readily available?

Flash speeds have been removed from the veteran rewards list. I did it today when I removed ADKs, Resource Deeds and Self Powered Harvesters.
    Hakry
    Developer

Hakry@SWGEmu.com | Code Commits
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Play Stats
    1h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by Hakry View Post
    Flash speeds have been removed from the veteran rewards list. I did it today when I removed ADKs, Resource Deeds and Self Powered Harvesters.
    Good stuff!
    <JuDGE> Guild Leader | First SWGEmu Jedi Knight & Rank 11 Jedi Council Leader

Dedicated
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    great news
    Anza

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Thanks for clarifying

Dedicated
    Play Stats
    42h last 30d
    Thank you for the answers... and the new server. I will up my donations to reflect said thanks

Retired SWGEmu CSR
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Remove non cert dots
    Remove legend/Except drops for items and comps
    Make PVP tef you out of SL buffs like BHing does, and leave it planet wide for PVE, or make SL buffs apply to SL so it can be played in the field.
    Last edited by oMek; 12-14-2021 at 12:13 AM.

Play Stats
    77h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by oMek View Post
    or make SL buffs apply to SL so it can be played in the field.
    I believe this is how it currently works per https://www.swgemu.com/bugs/view.php?id=7922

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by oMek View Post
    Remove non cert dots
    Remove legend/Except drops for items and comps
    Make PVP tef you out of SL buffs like BHing does, and leave it planet wide for PVE, or make SL buffs apply to SL so it can be played in the field.
    you have to be certed to use a weapon dot already.

I think people should have the option of actively playing SL to benefit their group. SL as a bot with planet wide effect is hot garbage that needs to die along with bas
    Last edited by dedaskalion; 12-14-2021 at 02:33 AM.

Retired SWGEmu CSR
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by dedaskalion View Post
    you have to be certed to use a weapon dot already.

I think people should have the option of actively playing SL to benefit their group. SL as a bot with planet wide effect is hot garbage that needs to die along with bas
    Stone knives, CDEF weapons etc have no cert.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    This is incredible, I can't wait!!

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    FRS XP should only be awarded for opposing enclave kills, and the xp should not be split like it is in vanilla. If you allow it to be awarded on non Jedi kills (like BH) it is far more open to exploitation and fight clubbing.

In regards to the credit sink issue - In my opinion the best solution would be that the bounty hunter has to pay a fee to accept a mission that is a % of the payout itself. Upon completing their mission, they receive that money back, or upon failure, that money goes towards the person being hunted. So there is some incentive to stay in fight.
    Last edited by dedaskalion; 12-14-2021 at 02:03 AM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by dedaskalion View Post
    FRS XP should only be awarded for opposing enclave kills, and the xp should not be split like it is in vanilla. If you allow it to be awarded on non Jedi kills (like BH) it is far more open to exploitation and fight clubbing.

In regards to the credit sink issue - In my opinion the best solution would be that the bounty hunter has to pay a fee to accept a mission that I'd a % of the payout itself. Upon completing their mission, they received that money back, or upon failure, that money goes towards the person being hunted. So there is some incentive to stay in fight.
    The whole enclave thing is just ****ing stupid because it forces you to have one template in enclave and one outside if you want to be effective.
    Especially on dark side,
    it was proven over how many years that imperials can barely get a long with anyone,
    as much as i enjoy the infighting over there it's not good for a healthy server.
    Drop off: Loot from the all mighty
    South Eisley Mall : 3522 - 5596

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Saffe View Post
    The whole enclave thing is just ****ing stupid because it forces you to have one template in enclave and one outside if you want to be effective.
    Especially on dark side,
    it was proven over how many years that imperials can barely get a long with anyone,
    as much as i enjoy the infighting over there it's not good for a healthy server.
    the drama only exists as long as there is fight club. Removing FRS from normies and limiting the amount of toons per account greatly reduces the chance of successful fight clubs forming.

There is never any enclave drama when seats have to be filled naturally. It's a byproduct of FC allowing Jedi to always be max FRS XP

Demotions on lightside and dueling on darkside did not happen on live until the introduction of seats being permanently filled due to FC

Closed Thread

Thread Information