Thread: New Play-Test Server Survey Results

Threaded View

Play Stats
    23h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by Katsa View Post
    8% of the registered accounts visit the forums. Isn't that the statistic that the decision to do an in game vote was based off? Am I missing where the rest of the suggestions came from?
    The forum poll gauged interest, got traction for a discussion, then the final decision making poll was done in game? What's the problem?

Perhaps and in game vote on the new server (when launched) to get a more accurate representation for the desired/required changes would offer a more balanced result?
    Let's see how how many are playing when it's up, that should speak for itself.

Personally, I can live without and ADK, and certainly without multiples, but I can also see the case for allowing at least one locked per account, preferably able to be equipped by either character. Admittedly facilitating this could be tricky.
    It's been discussed everywhere already, but ADKs were added as a '365 day subscription' carrot back in the day, and at the tail end of Pre-CU - once the game was pretty much over. For the majority of the game we didn't have them. SWGEmu is f2p so there's no need for 'carrots' that ruin the economy and balance of the game. (Breaking Jedi DPS with ADK PSGs, Legendary/Exceptional weapons being stuck on the server forever, keeping the same armor/weapons forever that hurts crafters.)

I can't remember when these were implemented into Live, however I assume it was pre 14.1 otherwise they never would have been introduced on Basilisk, so removing them entirely (or at least potentially at this stage) seems a strange way to go.
    They did it for testing purposes. Pretty much it.

Overall, I'm not sure what your point is. You can tell by the Q & A thread, Discord, Youtube & Reddit comments, many people are stoked for this. That can only be beneficial to the project.
    Last edited by SLiFeR; 12-14-2021 at 09:13 AM.
    <JuDGE> Guild Leader | First SWGEmu Jedi Knight & Rank 11 Jedi Council Leader

Thread Information