Thread: New Play-Test Server Survey Results

Threaded View

Play Stats
    1h last 30d

Here we go again.

Quote Originally Posted by Katsa View Post
    The in game poll hardly reflects the changes that were announced after the results of the poll and the release of the answers to the Q&A. Again, I'm failing to see where any suggestions from the majority of players came from other than simply the vocal minority on forums and an even smaller group outside of the forums such as discord. My point relates to the fact people voted without being aware of additional changes that would be made to a fresh/new server.
    The changes clearly aren't 14.1 compliant, otherwise surely they never would have been introduced into Basilisk in the first place?
    14.1 compliant. How many 14.1 servers are out there besides Basilisk? Oh, zero - unpopular. I guess that's such a bad thing staff listened to feedback on the forums. Where else do you want ideas posted????? What's the purpose of a forum then if not for discussions?

I'd have thought waiting to see how many people continue to play on the new server after 6 months, a year, 2 years etc would be a better gauge of the success, rather than the influx of new and returning players.
    I also fail to see the downside to asking ALL the player base what changes they would like to see through an in game vote on the new server, then taking a suitable amount of time to digest that data before implementing them. At least that way everyone's opinion is taken into consideration, and not just that of those who kick and scream for changes to be made. People who are content with how things are simply don't create thread after thread asking for things to be changed, hence the vocal minority appear to be getting their own way as a result of said kicking and screaming.
    It seems you are the only one kicking and screaming over nothing, not us. Vocal Minority? Are you sure you aren't in the minority? Maybe you could have added your input in the thread with the others, I looked at your post history, you are active on the forums. Maybe you should listen to your own advice and wait and see, instead of making something out of nothing. Otherwise, I see a lot of happy people around here.

I'm curious as to what evidence you have to support such a claim as to the reasoning behind SOE introducing ADKs back in the day, or what relevance it has especially given if they were introduced pre 14.1. If the end goal is meant to be 14.1 surely they should be part of 1.0 for good or bad. Breaking Jedi DPS seems to be a big issue for a lot of people, but I know for damn sure that Jedi being massively overpowered was and will be a big issue for a whole lot more.
    The impact it has on crafters would be minimal if it's one ADK per account, any suggestion that it would cripple the economy is simply not true. It simply offers people the chance to protect their investment in both time grinding credits, and acquiring the component parts to create the items in the first place or to gain some sort of lasting defense vs lightsaber damage.
    As for ruining the balance of the game I'm not sure what game you played back in the Live days, or any time since then. SWG has never been balanced, and few if any MMORPGs ever are. If for no other reason, people will always find the elite meta that breaks the balance. Removing ADKs is certainly not going to restore that, but perhaps reducing the possible LS resist cap for PSGs would better serve that goal.
    So you want to modify LS resist on PSGs (something PSGs always had on live) but you want ADKs, which barely existed on live. Got it.

Well I'm not the only one who has said that having the results of the Q & A available prior to the in game vote might have impacted how I voted. I'm not suggesting that people aren't excited to see where things go with a new server (I'm very much looking forward to it!), I'm simply stating that it would have been a better idea to allow people to make a more informed decision. Please tell me how that would have hurt the project?

When less than 10% of the overall registered player base visit the forums, one would be safe to assume an even smaller percentage comment on posts relating to things like ADKs, SL buff range, FRS systems and all the other "hot topics" that get discussed on the forums, let alone on Discord, Reddit an Youtube. The in game vote was a great way to get a broader spectrum from which the devs can take the data and decide where to go with it, so why not try and find a way to see what the community as a whole would like to see made, and do more in game votes (preferably when there's a larger player base than we currently see)?
    Then stay on Basilisk for '14.1'? They are giving everyone a choice where to play. There's no need to act like you are forced to do anything. Staff joined the discussion with us, and made the best decisions they could. You're active on the forums, why are you complaining a discussion happened on the forums, and how it would affect your vote? It's contradictory. Because you didn't participate? Seems like you need to sort that out on your end. Nitpicking at this point is just absurd.
    Last edited by SLiFeR; 12-14-2021 at 12:11 PM.
    <JuDGE> Guild Leader | First SWGEmu Jedi Knight & Rank 11 Jedi Council Leader

Thread Information