Quote Originally Posted by SLiFeR View Post

Here we go again.

14.1 compliant. How many 14.1 servers are out there besides Basilisk? Oh, zero - unpopular. I guess that's such a bad thing staff listened to feedback on the forums. Where else do you want ideas posted????? What's the purpose of a forum then if not for discussions?
How many other servers have 14.1 as their mission statement besides Basilisk? Oh, zero. I understand that the forum is the ideal place for discussion to take place. This does not change the fact that only a small percentage of the player base visit the forum, and that an even smaller percentage have posted wanting to see certain changes be made.

Regardless, none of that changes the fact that the in game vote may have yielded a different result had people known the changes that would be associated with the new server. Nor does it mean that there isn't room for further discussion on what changes could or should be made. When the new server launches a simple poll "Would you like to see X changed?" would give a definitive answer.

Assuming you, or anyone else speaks for the majority is arrogant.

It seems you are the only one kicking and screaming over nothing, not us. Vocal Minority? Are you sure you aren't in the minority? Maybe you could have added your input in the thread with the others, I looked at your post history, you are active on the forums. Maybe you should listen to your own advice and wait and see, instead of making something out of nothing. Otherwise, I see a lot of happy people around here.
I've seen you banging the same drum for quite some time now, I rarely offer an opinion on things like character limit, ADKs, SL Buff range etc etc because 1) the same arguments have been made time and time again on both sides, and 2) because up until the poll results were in, and the announcement of the changes that will follow with the new server the devs have NEVER said that these changes would be implemented.

Assuming that all the happy people we are seeing are happy as a result of these changes is somewhat bizarre. I would argue that most are happy at the idea of having a crack on a fresh server first and foremost. I would also argue that having said crack was the principle reason why people voted for a new server, and had little if anything to do with potential changes that were announced AFTER the voting took place.

So you want to modify LS resist on PSGs (something PSGs always had on live) but you want ADKs, which barely existed on live. Got it.
What I would like to see is a better balance overall. You've completely ignored the legitimate concerns that the changes will only result in Jedi becoming overpowered as they were in the live days. At least back then Jedi were somewhat rare, and required an awful lot of time to grind to a complete template.
On the new server I'm pretty sure we'll see a much larger Jedi population than at any point in pre cu live days, and in a much shorter period of time. Which will only exacerbate the imbalance.

Then stay on Basilisk for '14.1'? They are giving everyone a choice where to play. There's no need to act like you are forced to do anything. Staff joined the discussion with us, and made the best decisions they could. You're active on the forums, why are you complaining a discussion happened on the forums, and how it would affect your vote? It's contradictory. Because you didn't participate? Seems like you need to sort that out on your end. Nitpicking at this point is just absurd.
I'm not acting like I am being forced into anything. The fact remains that the voting metric cannot be used to accurately gauge what changes the majority of the player base would like to see happen on a new server. It simply shows that the majority who voted would like to see a new server. To suggest otherwise is both arrogant and absurd.

You seem to be taking all of this discussion far to personally, just because someone doesn't see eye to eye with you, doesn't mean you can't engage with them rationally and respectfully.