Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: New Play-Test Server Survey Results

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by jmx View Post
    we never knew the problems of adk psg on live. nobody did it. resist would fall off psg by going over server boundaries and pulling them out of the crate sometimes.

Exactly! this is why jedi would run, they would run beyond a server boundary and have a chance at the fight.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    its a good thing that particularpart of live no longer exists. It also allowed things like being able to put extra pearls in your saber, and the meditate bug (not sure if that was a boundary thing) but everyone used to do it.

The adk psg problem is something that is unquie to bas

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by jmx View Post
    we never knew the problems of adk psg on live. nobody did it. resist would fall off psg by going over server boundaries and pulling them out of the crate sometimes.

Wasn't the trick to unequip it and soft log then re-equip and it reset the PSG?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Starkiller01 View Post
    Umm wut?

so your saying... any template should be able to beat a jedi because otherwise it imbalances PvE??? sorry i cant agree with this. EVERY template has a use both in pve AND PvP. melee gets huge defensive bonuses against jedi because they are suppose to. The game is rock

Then i suggest you log into TC nova, make a jedi and try and hit a tkm melee stacker without a PSG. then try and hit a rifleman WITH a PSG and see what happens. I guarantee you pick the rifleman to fight every time. Now give the melee stacker a ADK'd psg and see what happens. Ive got no problem with ADK'd PSG's, as long as I can ADK my force bar.

the problem is we all feel very strongly about any changes that are made to this game because of what happened with the CU. If you wish to engage in healthy debate, you need to be clear about your vested interests, the condescension in these posts is NOT going one way only. Not having played a Jedi in the current code base, makes your opinion little more than conjecture. You dont SEE the argument because you havn't experienced it. Again i think its important to engage in healthy debate, but your input would be much more valuable if you had experienced what he is talking about.
    No, I'm not saying that any template should beat a jedi (or any other template for that matter), let alone because it imbalances PVE. I would much rather see a better way of balancing ALL elite templates (obviously there would have to be a penalty for dropping skill points for non combat skills) so there is no near indestructible build.
    Obviously the CU and NGE were awful ideas, or at least awfully executed ones, and I appreciate we'll never see a level playing field in the game. Yes, the meta will always change to reflect the boundaries of the game at any given time, but that just means the game stagnates to being just a few sub-classes dominating, and that for me gets really boring after a short while.

If the current meta is so bad for Jedi vs melee stacker (without ADK'd PSG's) templates this only seems to give more weight to my argument that ADK'd PSGs are not the absolute evil they are being made out to be. I'm sure it does impact PVP but surely its more about the game mechanics than ADKs alone? Yes ADKs do have a small effect on the economy, but I do stand by that this effect is being exaggerated unjustly.

I enjoyed my time PVPing back in the day on Euro-Infinity regardless of whether I was on the winning or losing side, but I always accepted that for the most part it was a broken and unbalanced system. We were lucky enough on Infinity that the server wasn't too flooded with insane DoT weapons, but given how late I joined Basilisk it was obvious I wouldn't have enjoyed it, so I never attempted to join in.
    So with that said, I will concede that my 2 cents about the current issues holds less weight than others who have engaged it in. Should that mean that I am open to ridicule and abuse? I certainly don't think so - and I applaud you for keeping it civil.

For me, my biggest passion in SWG has, and always will be the pursuit of rare loot drops. As such, I spend a significant time hunting end game content such as Elders, Council Woman and Dark Jedi. (I used to do a fair bit of Krayt hunting but lady luck was never kind to me when looting them)
    As such, an ADK means that making that investment of time isn't lost entirely, especially given the potential for the life span of Basilisk, Finalizer or the 1.0 server when it gets here. As I've stated several times, I'm more than happy for them to be 1 per account, and I'd even be on board with not allowing them to be used with a PSG if it balances things out.

I have never once stated that I think ADK'd PSG's with 66% LS resists are a good thing for the game. (yes I do own one, but that's purely for Stun Bat wielding NS/CW and DJK/DJM's) In fact, all I've asked for in regards to LS damage and resists is a better balance solution that doesn't result in the removal of ADKs.

With all of that said, I can live without ADKs in the game. I'd simply be sad to see them removed if doing so mostly benefits a single class of player predominantly.

It sucks that the meta trends ruin any real balance in this game. Force Powers look so damn cool but were always super weak, the number of CM/RMs running around back in the day was just silly.

Anyway, I've said about all I want to about these subjects for now, and I look forward to seeing the community get back to healthier numbers, and hopefully being a lot more social and friendly in the near future both on Basilisk and Finalizer.

Peace out.
    Last edited by Katsa; 12-15-2021 at 12:12 AM.
    Katsa - TKM/Master Ranger | Biznatch - Currently Training
    Reasonable Resources (Animal) located south of Coronet -185 -5880

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Hello i have not play swg in years but i try to keep a eye on these forums Congratz on the milestone DEVs. I had a feeling to check the forums and i find the new server survey well i told my old swg friends and we will be coming to play on the new server. There is more ppl out there waiting for this change im sure we have been dosile but we are aware.
    Is there a ETa on the server yet or you expecting to do this sometime next year?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Exavis View Post
    Hello i have not play swg in years but i try to keep a eye on these forums Congratz on the milestone DEVs. I had a feeling to check the forums and i find the new server survey well i told my old swg friends and we will be coming to play on the new server. There is more ppl out there waiting for this change im sure we have been dosile but we are aware.
    Is there a ETa on the server yet or you expecting to do this sometime next year?
    They're hoping to roll it out for the festive season, doesn't sound super optimistic as yet, but that's about the best we've been told to date.
    Last edited by Katsa; 12-15-2021 at 02:00 AM.
    Katsa - TKM/Master Ranger | Biznatch - Currently Training
    Reasonable Resources (Animal) located south of Coronet -185 -5880

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I have said the 18th, but I can't promise that. More and more green on our pre-launch list, but still a lot left. We also have to test it all before we can launch it.
    Lolindir
    SWGEmu Admin

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Play Stats
    388h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolindir View Post
    I have said the 18th, but I can't promise that. More and more green on our pre-launch list, but still a lot left. We also have to test it all before we can launch it.
    The 18th seems optimistic.

More pressing question: will you be giving us notice prior to launch? If so, any idea how much notice we might anticipate? Just helps with arranging life’s other matters.

Thank you.
    neutrineaux

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Not sure if this is feasible or requires more work but I'm sure we could crowd source the QA effort to hit the launch date on time, just have us go on the Pit with a list of features to test and have us submit a video of said feature working properly. *shrug* I dunno.. I'm sure there would be a lot of people willing to help to meet that goal just some thoughts

Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Neener View Post
    Not sure if this is feasible or requires more work but I'm sure we could crowd source the QA effort to hit the launch date on time, just have us go on the Pit with a list of features to test and have us submit a video of said feature working properly. *shrug* I dunno.. I'm sure there would be a lot of people willing to help to meet that goal just some thoughts
    Sorry but thePit died a quiet and lonely death this morning........ wonder why...
    LordKator
    Developer

lordkator@swgemu.com | www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by lordkator View Post
    Sorry but thePit died a quiet and lonely death this morning........ wonder why...
    Don't dangle the dream and then take it away!

Are we close? is the 18th still on the cards? do people need to book Monday off work? is an announcement imminent???

Play Stats
    23h last 30d
    If it's worth the squeeze, it's worth the tease, and I must say, it's juicy indeed.

Regardless, I anticipate this will be the best holiday gift for 2021, whether on the 18th or later.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    As I've mentioned in another forum on the topic, I personally am super-excited about this!! I think it will be a great dry-run test for what it will be like when Suncrusher/1.0 drops!

The SWGEMU team has been busting their butts for years on the game and while sooner rather than later would be awesome for Finalizer, please don't further burn yourselves out for an 18th or near-18th launch if it takes more time than planned.

It will still be an awesome Christmas present even if it comes after Christmas!!

Regards,

Xirad

Play Stats
    Inactive
    The level of dedication and commitment from the Devs is just insane even after all these years. Thanks for everything you guys do.

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    I guess I'm taking PTO this weekend???????? Sorry Job........

Closed Thread

Thread Information