+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [SWGEmu Event] Visions of the Past, Dreams of the Future (Dec 6th - Dec 16th)

Quality Assurance
    Play Stats
    Inactive

[SWGEmu Event] Visions of the Past, Dreams of the Future (Dec 6th - Dec 16th)

Finalizer - Visions of the Past, Dreams of the Future

12/3/2023

The SWGEmu Events Division

Visions of the Past, Dreams of the Future

When: December 6th, 2023 to December 16th, 2023

Where:​ Your task starts on Naboo for those wishing to aid the Rebellion and on Corellia for those who sympathize with the Empire.

Come join the SWGEmu Staff in one of our first new quest events, which helps celebrate the milestone of the project servers passing SWG Live's lifespan.

Times are turbulent since the destruction of the Death Star. Vast floating debris of the wreckage hang in the orbit of Yavin Prime. Those who've visited Yavin IV have seen the artificial rings circling this gas giant, the remnants streaking across its atmosphere, sometimes even impacting on the moon. However, not everything is what it seems. Larger portions of the rubble have been spotted on the moon in recent days, the attention of both the Galactic Empire and the Rebel Alliance to this sudden opportunity.

Each have dispatched recovery teams to Yavin IV with haste to discover what information and salvage there is to be had. Both teams are seeking those interested in assisting with this salvage.

~The SWGEmu Staff
    Fastburn
    Quality Assurance

Fastburn@SWGEmu.com | Code Commits
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Fastburn View Post

Where:​ Your task starts on Naboo for those wishing to aid the Rebellion and on Corellia for those who sympathize with the Empire.
    No opportunities for neutral parties to engage in salvage? I'd think unaffiliated smugglers and the like would seek to profit from the wreckage as well.

Quality Assurance
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird71 View Post
    No opportunities for neutral parties to engage in salvage? I'd think unaffiliated smugglers and the like would seek to profit from the wreckage as well.
    Neutrals can pick a side, once they have they are committed for the quest. But no Hutt Cartel interest so far.
    Fastburn
    Quality Assurance

Play Stats
    Inactive
    That's disappointing. Normally I wouldn't consider it a big deal, but when the other PvE aspects of the GCW have largely been removed and factions have become solely a part of PvP, not having the option to remain neutral means I'll likely skip this one.

Quality Assurance
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    That's disappointing. Normally I wouldn't consider it a big deal, but when the other PvE aspects of the GCW have largely been removed and factions have become solely a part of PvP, not having the option to remain neutral means I'll likely skip this one.
    I think you misunderstand, you don't need to be committed to either side, but you will be working for one side or the other which is your choice.
    Fastburn
    Quality Assurance

Developer
    Play Stats
    14h last 30d

Quote Originally Posted by Fastburn View Post
    I think you misunderstand, you don't need to be committed to either side, but you will be working for one side or the other which is your choice.

Like FB is saying you do not need to be aligned with a GCW faction, you are merely selecting to assist one side or the other for the sake of the event.
    Hakry
    Developer

Hakry@SWGEmu.com | Code Commits

Play Stats
    506h last 30d
    Sounds fun! I can't wait to take part!

IGN Shyloe, and Cydonia. Drop-off vendor located @ /way 6188, 6206. NIKA Marketplace.

Play Stats
    506h last 30d
    sooooo where does this event start? The details says that Rebels start on Naboo, and Imperials on Corellia. I am walking all over Moenia and Naboo, but I cannot find any NPC to start the event questline.

IGN Shyloe, and Cydonia. Drop-off vendor located @ /way 6188, 6206. NIKA Marketplace.

Play Stats
    506h last 30d
    Ill save everyone the hassle trying to find the NPC to kick things off, if you are going rebel. Look for an NPC named Sheri Ray (Rebel Informant). She will have a rebel icon next to her name, and is located at /way 4892 -4844 Moenia. The Imperial informant will mostly likely be in Kor Vela, I will get a waypoint when I do the imperial quest on my other toon.

Play Stats
    47h last 30d

Imperial Quest

To start Visions of past for imperials, Got to Corellia, Bela Vistal Shuttle B. Target Rich and speak to him. He'll give you the WP on Yavin for the NPC to talk to. Then go to the Yavin Labor outpost
    and talk to the NPC who will give you a WP to the wreckage to search. At the wreckage site, find the "loose debris" and "deathstar debris". From these you will collect two items (one is an old lightsaber and the other is a decryptor)
    Return to the NPC who will give you the prize!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information