• Staff Updates
    • Quick Stats
    • Staff Round-Table
    • Closing
    SWGEmu Project Updates

Major Additions/Changes

Staff Updates

SWGEmu is Recruiting!

SWGEmu is an ever-changing and growing organization where new talent is always being sought out. We especially would like to mention the need for more developers, please see this thread for more information.

SWGEmu is also in need of other positions filled. For anyone interested in spending some of there free time toward this project, please consider to join in on our SWGEmu Internship Program . We are in need of CSRs.

Quick Stats

Registration Statistics:
    • Daily:
      • November 08, 2020 - 55 accounts registered
      • April 16, 2020 - 2 accounts registered
    • Monthly:
      • January 2020 - 839 accounts registered
      • October 2020 - 374 accounts registered
    • Yearly:
      • 2020 - 6544 accounts registered; average 545,3 per month
    User Activity Statistics (Users online in one day):
    • Most users online: July 27, 2020 - 7700 users
    New thread statistics (Posted threads):
    • August 2020 - 4447 new threads
    • January 2020 - 882 new threads
    Most users online: 7700 (07-27-2020 10:02 PM)
    Most viewed thread: SWGEmu Timeline
    Most replied thread: What are you listening to right now?
    Most popular forum: Basilisk Trade Forum
    Top poster: Vlada (33041 posts)

Staff Round-Table

Loshult - Developer
    I'm back after a few years break and working on finishing the crackdown stuff that is not dependent on the new AI. It is fun to have probots crashing beside you in the wild, forcing you off your mount and start scanning you. If you have contraband on you, a shuttle with troops will arrive in short notice and give you your fines or detect you as a rebel and kill you instead. Jump on Nova to check it out or stay tuned for when we enable it on Basilisk!
    Farelli - Quality Assurance
    2020 was a challenging year for all of us.

Starting off ripe with optimism, we quickly found ourselves embroiled in one of the greatest challenges of our time, the biggest in a generation. Real-life took precedence, certainly.

Additionally we had the biggest community drama we've had for over half a decade, and that cause considerable tension and strife.

At the end of the day, we all want the same thing from this project: a place where we can play a game in an environment we love with a community of like-minded individuals, some of whom have grown to be close personal friends.

My goal for 2021 is to remember that every day, and be sure the entire community, staff, contributors and players, do the same and treat each other with the commensurate respect (even if it is just pixels).

Cheers.
    Fastburn - Quality Assurance
    This year has been a challenging year in so many respects, from having a wealth of time to dedicate to the project to a dwindling amount of time. Crackdown has made major progress and the new AI has shown us just what we are missing with the current AI. Our continued progress on bugs, features and new events has made me very excited for what we can do and have planned in 2021. Thank you everyone who has stuck with us, and has reported bugs it helps way more than you think. To those who this year has touched more, just know that we are still here and you always have friends here. Onward to that light at the end of the tunnel.
    Hakry - Quality Assurance
    Though the process has been a long one and this year has been tough on many, I would like to take the time to say thank you to all of those in the community that continue to support the Team as we make our way ever closer to the goal that is 1.0 and beyond.

There is a light at the end of this long tunnel, and it is a bright one. We are closer then we have ever been before to reliving the greatest saga ever told. It is important for us to continue pushing towards the final goal and the only way we can do that is with the combined effort of the community and Staff Team.

Lets hit the ground running in 2021.

-H
    Scurby - Quality Assurance
    Continuity. Community. Honesty. Communication. Game.
    Have fun.
    Rule #1.
    Jaws - CSR
    It was the best of times it was the blurst of times.
    My first full year on staff was a doozy for the project yet we seem to be coming out strong despite (or because of) it. From CSR-land: despite chicken-little decrying the fall of the sky, the implementation of our filtering and logging software has actually seen a substantial increase in players over the year. People want to play on a server where the playing field is as free from account-related shenanigans as possible.

Funfact: there are just shy of 4000 households where we have registered multiple accounts. MANY of there in the past year are parents whos kids want to start experiencing the universe along with them. The future is bright!

From non-CSR-land: I see commits from our freakin' amazing dev/QA staff and I'm hoping that next Xmas will find us posting info about the next phase of the project.

I'm proud to be supporting you guys in the project as best I can.
    Bigevil - Community Relations
    Happy newest of years to everyone. It was a challenging year in so many respects for our community and elsewhere. We have all overcome a great deal of personal, professional, and project challenges to get to where we are. Please remember that no matter personal opinions and what side of a table you sit on, we are a community. We come here because this project means something significant to each of us, in many very different ways.

The staff continues to put in a ton of hard work that is seen and appreciated by all...some in their own ways. LOL All actions taken are always carry the best of intents, and the staff will always work diligently to do their best to be fair. We always have a great deal of work ahead, but you can see the weekly progresses being made, and hopefully soon we can turn some hard corners together.

Best of wishes to all and here's to building a great new year, and to good things in the project and your lives.
    -BigEvil
    Lolindir - SWGEmu Admin
    Well, this have been one f***** up year. The need of Eye of Sauron, the great purge and on top of that we have had a pandemic screwing everyone up. Here for a hopefully better 2021, but I don't have high hopes when it come to the pandemic. As for SWGEmu, who knows! We need more devs.

Closing

This have been some roller-coaster of a year. Basilisk has seen 2 smaller merges with updates to the server as a positive. Always nice to have the server getting some new code. We got a new powerful tool to play around with, made by Lordkator. Eye of Sauron was sadly needed to help us catch some shady characters in our community, leading to Clone Wars, The Exploit. Many in our community had to leave us because of that war. Sadly, no one truly wins a war. This took a lot of time form our team. On top of that we have had a pandemic raging in the world, that have taken away from our project. Some of us work in healthcare, others in businesses that get more work pressure because of the pandemic. As a positive, there have been a few more community contributors toward the end of the year and into the new one. Hopefully this thread will keep on going. We really need help with code contribution. The more, the better!

The SWGEmu team wish everyone a Happy New Year!

~The SWGEmu Team
    Lolindir
    SWGEmu Admin

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Thank you so mutch guys for everything you did for far. I'm full of hope, new energy will soon come !

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Good job guys keep it up!
    Lonstetti Gorhime
    Gruka Gorhime
    Drop Off: BH Armor Depot CNET 300 -5572

Play Stats
    113h last 30d
    Awesome guys, should we be concerned that Lordkotor didn't contribute a blurb to this post?

IGN Shyloe, and Cydonia. Drop-off vendor located @ /way 6188, 6206. NIKA Marketplace.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Great job... Keep going! You have my support and the support of my 7 year old daughter we both love playing this game

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by shilo View Post
    Awesome guys, should we be concerned that Lordkotor didn't contribute a blurb to this post?
    No. LordKator has been pulled by real life a bit lately, so he didn't take the time to write a post.

I nearly missed adding my post as well, actually. These are exceptionally stressful times in the business world as well as in every other space.
    Farelli
    SWGEmu Admin

How to Report Bugs | How to Search Bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker)

Play Stats
    113h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by Farelli View Post
    No. LordKator has been pulled by real life a bit lately, so he didn't take the time to write a post.

I nearly missed adding my post as well, actually. These are exceptionally stressful times in the business world as well as in every other space.
    Sending all my love to you guys and gals.

IGN Shyloe, and Cydonia. Drop-off vendor located @ /way 6188, 6206. NIKA Marketplace.

Veteran
    Play Stats
    256h last 30d
    Can' say "Thank you" enuf... much appreciated...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnswer View Post
    This server is for us all to try and finish this game so you can have a server to play, hopefully with me far away from here.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Push onto the future with swords in hand and shields steady. 2021 has its challenges but all will be overcome.

CSR
    Play Stats
    614h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by shilo View Post
    He's wicked-busy at work atm. He tried to find time to write last weekend but couldn't.
    Jaws
    CSR

How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Thanks to all of you. You are appreciated

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Thank you for all you have done to bring this great game back to all of us!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Thanks for all you guys do!

Play Stats
    107h last 30d
    Who can I contact about possibly assisting in some coding projects? I've reached out, but I've yet to hear back. I'm currently working as a full time software engineer -- quick to learn and willing to contribute as much as possible. Second unlock on Gorath back in the day.. so I've got a bit of experience playing as well
    Kinko - Master of all Professions (yes, all of them)
    Yello Fintuna ><)))O> - Fintuna Droids

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by xanozyten View Post
    Who can I contact about possibly assisting in some coding projects? I've reached out, but I've yet to hear back. I'm currently working as a full time software engineer -- quick to learn and willing to contribute as much as possible. Second unlock on Gorath back in the day.. so I've got a bit of experience playing as well
    Check out this post:
    https://www.swgemu.com/forums/conten...-is-Recruiting

You can also use zonamadev as a quick start dev environment:
    https://github.com/Zonama/ZonamaDev

As for figuring out what still needs doing (beyond bug fixes), get in touch with the developers/QA on the community Discord server here:
    https://discordapp.com/invite/JH3t7Qh
    and checkout the mantis bug tracker for things that need fixing here:
    https://www.swgemu.com/bugs/login_page.php
    Last edited by Krerelath; 02-16-2021 at 03:05 PM.

Closed Thread

Thread Information