Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Clone Wars, The Exploit... A sense of normalcy

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Columbus DeMaio View Post
    I am amazed that a 4 slot shirt was deemed worthy of a delete.
    Exactly! I was lucky that the tapes in my duped shirt weren't all that great. I was really lucky that was my only duped item.

I have mixed emotions about the way things were handled, part of me thinks they could have been a bit more selective in their deletions, but overall I can understand their reasoning. I'm glad they relaxed their position on structures at least. I appreciate what the team is striving for, and I believe 1.0 is gonna be much better because of this crisis. That being said, I still have no love for the Dupers, testing is one thing, abuse is another. They should all be fed to the Sarlaac in a galaxy wide event!
    DarksideWarrior <Dark from Tarq> SOE Refugee from the Tarquinas Galaxy
    Drop off: Darkside Lounge: Dantooine: /way -1356 2333 by The Vale outside MO

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Good luck with the wipe

The dupers were banned and 40% of the donations were terminated. (the "guilt money")

Guess what is going to happen when everyones' stuff and houses get deleted.

Not a fantasy, but the reality.
    Drop Vendor: Coronet (443, -2952)
    IGN = Odrii / Gint

Play Stats
    4h last 30d
    i dont know can you tell me

Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by ForceFielding View Post
    Good luck with the wipe

The dupers were banned and 40% of the donations were terminated. (the "guilt money")

The sad truth is I checked and none of the banned accounts contributed much more than a handful of dollars, most contributed zero donations over the lifetime of the project.

Good luck with the wipe

Not sure what you're implying here, first for this cleanup we're not deleting existing houses, and not "everyone" was impacted.

If you're talking about the wipe itself, it seems many people are actually looking forward to it, it will be hard work to get re-established on a new server, however, SWG is not as hard of a grind as most modern games anyway so that's going to be quick.

Also now with better tools, we can catch dupers sooner and we have detailed logging on the movement of items and credits, we can clean up an incident and take swift action against those involved.

It's my hope now that this is behind us we can focus on 1.0 and get to the new server where we can continue to iterate on the game over time and with the data needed to make good product decisions and keep the server clean.

It'll never be perfect, but at least we will have more tools at our disposal and a new economy to build from.
    LordKator
    Developer

lordkator@swgemu.com | www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by lordkator View Post
    The sad truth is I checked and none of the banned accounts contributed much more than a handful of dollars, most contributed zero donations over the lifetime of the project.

Not sure what you're implying here, first for this cleanup we're not deleting existing houses, and not "everyone" was impacted.

If you're talking about the wipe itself, it seems many people are actually looking forward to it, it will be hard work to get re-established on a new server, however, SWG is not as hard of a grind as most modern games anyway so that's going to be quick.

Also now with better tools, we can catch dupers sooner and we have detailed logging on the movement of items and credits, we can clean up an incident and take swift action against those involved.

It's my hope now that this is behind us we can focus on 1.0 and get to the new server where we can continue to iterate on the game over time and with the data needed to make good product decisions and keep the server clean.

It'll never be perfect, but at least we will have more tools at our disposal and a new economy to build from.
    You freaking rock Kator!!!!!!!!

Play Stats
    74h last 30d
    Thanks for the answer Lolindir.
    ForceFielding, can you elaborate? I think not, but I’d rather ask.

I think the timing of the wipe will also help. We are many to believe that the communities grow more active during winter time (North Hemisphere).
    It would be good not to wipe in the middle of July.
    Enmor Solusar \ Hatchi Rejan on Finalizer Former toons on bas: Enmor/ Hatchi Atlante/ Wenmor/ Endore/ Shaamus/ Metroid.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Good luck with the wipe

I would imagine that some people stopped contributing because of lost items or the existence of an unlevel playing field. I dont know tho, not my end of things.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by RecksRacer View Post
    I would imagine that some people stopped contributing because of lost items or the existence of an unlevel playing field. I dont know tho, not my end of things.
    Speaking of donations, we could use another $1k or so between now and the end of day Monday.
    Farelli
    SWGEmu Admin

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to Report Bugs | How to Search Bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker)

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Farelli View Post
    Speaking of donations, we could use another $1k or so between now and the end of day Monday.
    Just donated to the cause!
    Awila - Ranger Hunter/Gatherer
    Aliwa - Wielder of Swords
    <MATS>

Play Stats
    74h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by Awila View Post
    Just donated to the cause!
    If you give, I give.

Let’s make a chain!
    Enmor Solusar \ Hatchi Rejan on Finalizer Former toons on bas: Enmor/ Hatchi Atlante/ Wenmor/ Endore/ Shaamus/ Metroid.

Play Stats
    609h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by divlas View Post
    If you give, I give.

Let’s make a chain!
    Continuing the chain

Show your love for the project! Who’s next
    Nika Marketplace, Naboo 5915, 5915
    Dropoff 5900, 5858 Nika Resource Vndr
    Forum
    Discord

Play Stats
    609h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by Misk Brebran View Post
    Continuing the chain

Show your love for the project! Who’s next
    Thats the love im talking about! Need 7% more, whos gonna pitch in and skip a few lattès, cappuccinos, designer coffees or a meal at home instead of out this week? Whos brave enough to dare???

Are you?
    Nika Marketplace, Naboo 5915, 5915
    Dropoff 5900, 5858 Nika Resource Vndr
    Forum
    Discord

Play Stats
    2h last 30d
    Keep up the good work Staff )))))))))

Play Stats
    202h last 30d
    At this point, all bulk actions are complete for this event.

The staff has discussed the next steps and decided to return ADK's, Resource deeds, and self-powered harvester back to tradeable.

Thank you for your patience as we progressed through this process.

As always, if you see something, say something. We do not ban based on rumors; we use data, however, sometimes a hint can make it easier to dig a bit deeper and discover data that supports action.

Also, I'd like to address a misunderstanding about the Eye of Sauron; this system provides data and alerts to humans investigating and making decisions based on their investigations.

EoS does not do auto-bans. Even if it eventually does come to that, we will always have the CSR team review every action.

Banning a person is a serious thing impacting players and the community at large. We treat each ban with deep respect. Our automation is not a substitute for the human empathy and intuition required to make each ban decision.

Our CSR team is governed by our Terms of Service and focused on keeping our community fair, safe, and clean for our combined long-term enjoyment.

Nice to hear. Suggestions to improve implementation of the spirit of this:

When sending a ban notice, don't sign it "Best Regards," or anything of the sort. At least in some cultures, that is just rude and gloating. "Sincerely" conveys consideration, empathy, and respect. You get the idea.

Also, when banning or otherwise penalizing someone, cutting off their access to site communications makes it very difficult for the banned individual to attempt to rectify any misunderstanding or error. At least leave them their private message access for a while.

Just thoughts. Consider at your leisure.
    neutrineaux

Play Stats
    202h last 30d
    Front to back as our old friend always said.. front to back...

Just to be clear, you have my support. Good job with a nasty task. Hopefully this avoids worse pains down the road.

Either direction works fine for XY. Just FYI.
    Last edited by neutrineaux; 08-31-2020 at 02:25 PM.
    neutrineaux

Closed Thread

Thread Information