Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Clone Wars, The Exploit... A sense of normalcy

Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by dsrules View Post
    Long live the Prototype. Death to the Protoclone.
    Hence why I named it Clone wars.. LOL
    LordKator
    Developer

lordkator@swgemu.com | www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Absolutely love these updates Lordkator. Great work!

Event Coordinator
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Godbless you LK. *pinky out*

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I hereby pledge 100$ and a monthly subscription 20$/month if we can have a Basilisk wipe. Who's with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Raze the server down to digital ashes. This chaos has gone on long enough.

Dedicated
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Mulder and eyelet were way to close to pabst and sire not to know something was going on.

I just wish you were more involved 3 years ago when we started calling out the dupes.

Play Stats
    74h last 30d
    Name calling is no different than witch-hunting and randomly attacking people after the war is over. And its particularly despicable when you give a player name who did massively contribute to the refunding of affected players (many players).
    We all did have different knowledge on this Clone War, but if you come to deny now that something was broken in the economy and you didn't realize is a little late. We all knew pieces of "something" that looked wrong, but when the devs gave us the big picture and made their move some understood and decided to help and repair the community. Insulting them as a reward is community-breaking. Particularly now that we know that the perpetrators were banned. SWG is a social game.
    The guilty people were banned.
    I never wonder about investigating years ago because Basilik is a test server and we all play the game differently. With different responsibilities, and Eyelet's community management took him time. A lot. That too, I witnessed.
    There is not a crafter, a pvper, a community manager on which we can't cast doubts, so we better stop. This clone war was made by players who were banned, so stop turning the players who keep playing into casualties. Its community breaking.
    Last edited by divlas; 08-22-2020 at 02:39 PM.
    Enmor Solusar \ Hatchi Rejan on Finalizer Former toons on bas: Enmor/ Hatchi Atlante/ Wenmor/ Endore/ Shaamus/ Metroid.

Play Stats
    6h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by divlas View Post
    Name calling is no different than witch-hunting and randomly attacking people after the war is over. And its particularly despicable when you give a player name who did massively contribute to the refunding of affected players (many players).
    We all did have different knowledge on this Clone War, but if you come to deny now that something was broken in the economy and you didn't realize is a little late. We all knew pieces of "something" that looked wrong, but when the devs gave us the big picture and made their move some understood and decided to help and repair the community. Insulting them as a reward is community-breaking. Particularly now that we know that the perpetrators were banned. SWG is a social game.
    The guilty people were banned.
    I never wonder about investigating years ago because Basilik is a test server and we all play the game differently. With different responsibilities, and Eyelet's community management took him time. A lot. That too, I witnessed.
    There is not a crafter, a pvper, a community manager on which we can't cast doubts, so we better stop. This clone war was made by players who were banned, so stop turning the players who keep playing into casualties. Its community breaking.
    And that is a huge crux, we all lost something, the shallowness of a portion the player base, complaining about there lost items, attacking, trolling, not letting go. I have been here 8 years on Bas alone, and find the spell has broken, it has hit to close to home and no longer want to be here, at least for now, I have stated this in other threads " we don't know what the total costs are" and the costs are still coming in, as in players who have left and will continue to leave, you know, your in game friends.
    I will also add, I do feel sorry for some of the players who lost there gear, one poor soul from Flo spent a month grinding there tail off to make a 100million credits to buy a duped power hammer he barely had a few weeks, sure there were others out there like that. It's been a travesty for the community across the board. please stop making it worse with the continued animosities.
    Last edited by Questor Zarnac; 08-23-2020 at 02:22 PM.

Play Stats
    74h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by Questor Zarnac View Post
    And that is a huge crux, we all lost something, the shallowness of a portion the player base, complaining about there lost items, attacking, trolling, not letting go. I have been here 8 years on Bas alone, and find the spell has broken, it has hit to close to home and no longer want to be here, at least for now, I have stated this in other threads " we don't know what the total costs are" and the costs are still coming in, as in players who have left and will continue to leave, you know, your in game friends.
    I will also add, I do feel sorry for some of the players who lost there gear, one poor soul from Flo spent a month grinding there tail off to make a 100million credits to buy a duped power hammer he barely had a few weeks, sure there were others out there like that. It's been a travesty for the community across the board. please stop making it worse with the continued animosities.
    I know too well what you are discussing. I chose to keep playing. But I chose to start fresh, revamping my templates to be closer to what is fun to me. Okay, I'm also playing Eve Echoes on my iPad, and I have a blast. But you can recover from what happened, and when you find your way back, contact me. I'll move stars to make up for what you loss. Our communities keep going, as well as our alliance. Even more, we should try to transform this disaster into an opportunity for new players. I love Star Wars, and I love my community. This is enough to carry on.
    I also want to ./Hug all services providers who kept logging, re-logging, their toons despite Basilik going up and down like our moral. You are what make SWG special. You are the bones of our communities. I regret to see that some trolls keep abusing our patience, but right now we are still much alive and swimming away from that disaster. I want to agree with Michaela, our leader, this will make us all stronger. Although such a statement can sound doubtful at the moment, if you really love our environment, you will do everything possible to make it true. I know some trolls would want to point blame in a random direction to feel important, but we are passed that.
    /cheer our communties' leaders, our members, casual, and star players. We are and we will survive the management of this atrocious situation.
    Enmor Solusar \ Hatchi Rejan on Finalizer Former toons on bas: Enmor/ Hatchi Atlante/ Wenmor/ Endore/ Shaamus/ Metroid.

Play Stats
    609h last 30d
    For assistance to those affected by the duping, please see the link below. OP has general info with more specific info in the second post spoiler thread. For a quick synopsis, see my post #40 on page three.

https://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233707

We are here to help!

Thanks!
    Last edited by Misk Brebran; 08-24-2020 at 05:03 PM.
    Nika Marketplace, Naboo 5915, 5915
    Dropoff 5900, 5858 Nika Resource Vndr
    Forum
    Discord

Play Stats
    74h last 30d
    Thank you Misk. I'm glad this project is heavily monitor.

Most of the honest player who lost a lost are out of reach. And I understand. When I was 11, if you recklessly destroyed my Pokemon, my feelings and anger would be all over the place.
    We need a new campaign to seduce all former players to trust communities again. Right now, we are experiencing a period of despair, we need to allow it time, and get back in touch with players who felt emotionally betrayed.

However the devs need to be more clearer about Suncrusher. I mean, I don't know where to stand... Any announcement, rumors about a wipe leads people to renounce playing on basilik (especially those affected by the dupes)
    Well, this is just my feeling on this unfortunate situation. We truly need clarity for once, and I fear its a matter of virtual life and death. The Soon(™) is no longer an acceptable answer. The trust in the management teams crashed down (because of hackers), I find it hard to continue speak of our community future while we know nothing. Expect that we lost some players that could have laid the fundations of a new server. Begging them to come back may not work. Only time can heal our wounds.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    The reason for the SoonTM is that we don't know. Sure, we can tell the team "We will have to be done with whats left and the initial changes to the code for the new server by 06.26.2021" but we would not be able to follow through on it, since no one here, not even the devs them selves, know how much time they can contribute to the project. No one has this project as their job, so RL will have to come first, no matter how much the rest of us wish to be done and move on to a new server. You are not alone in wanting to get this done.

We don't have many devs and the dupe have taken A LOT of time for some of our team. That takes away from other things that could have been done instead, pushing the finish line further away.

The only real clarity I can give is that the server will not be named SunCrusher. There are changes that we want to have from the get go. Wiping Basilisk and then just restart a new server with same code isn't what we wish to do. We want something custom at launch and add other things as time goes by. Discussions have started about the new server, but it stopped with the dupe. We will eventually pick it up again.
    Lolindir
    SWGEmu Admin

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Play Stats
    Inactive

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I am amazed that a 4 slot shirt was deemed worthy of a delete. The only valuable thing about it was the tapes I had put on it. =/ It was a shock to log in the toon and see her topless.

That being said, I am grateful the guildhall I had purchased was not deleted as well, I guess I should have logged in all of my toons to check them, I was one of the guys going "I don't buy high end stuff, this will not affect me." and not reading my mail.

As an aside, how ****ing stupid/lazy do you have to be to dupe a 4-slot SHIRT of all things? Just petro and fiberplas with no intermediate crafting stages, no premade parts. The guys doing the duping were giving every other player a big middle finger.
    Last edited by Columbus DeMaio; 08-25-2020 at 01:03 PM.

Closed Thread

Thread Information