Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Clone Wars, The Exploit... Item cleanup.

Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive

Clone Wars, The Exploit... Item cleanup.

I've been working hard on getting the cleanup ready to run. However, I am toast, been smashing the keyboard since 4:30 am Eastern Time. My experience tells me the worst time to hit a big button like this one is at the end of 12 grueling hours of keyboard smashing.

With that in mind, I will circle back in the morning, I will run a couple more test runs before I let it run against Basilisk.

If testing continues going well in the morning, then my guess is I'll hit the big button before 9 am tomorrow (Sunday, 8/16/2020).

Every character will get an email of deleted items, again they might be slightly off since it's tough to be perfect, if you've moved an item or perhaps your house is owned by an alt, the email might go to the other character.

Per our previous announcement, this will not delete houses, tents, city installations to avoid unintended side effects. These objects, however, will have their deeds locked as notrade forever.
    LordKator
    Developer

lordkator@swgemu.com | www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Play Stats
    149h last 30d
    Will we be logged out of the sever when/as this is happening?
    In-game Names & Drop-off Location:
    Nehow (Chef) & Wohen (???)
    Fat Pharple Foods (Naboo: 5855, 5856) ~NIKA~ *New Location*

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Will this also remove the no-trade flag from unaffected items (i.e. ADK'd items)?

IGN: Leos Iceiwh || Jedi Master

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by carterk2014 View Post
    Will this also remove the no-trade flag from unaffected items (i.e. ADK'd items)?
    This,

I just want to trade my psg between characters.

Play Stats
    83h last 30d
    hmmmm did i really bought the shards for the bootz that just where deleted had no mail before either

could be but was surprising ...

anyway i dont mind bout them .. just wanted to write something if things like this would happen more so you know

greetings machma

**DUTY FREE SHOP** Mos Eisley 2600 -4530
    Drop off Vendor = "Misc"
    IngameName "Chef"

Play Stats
    64h last 30d
    Finally.

Now we need to put all our efforts into recovery as communities. This Clone War divided the player base but I'm sure we are strong enough to move on.
    Thanks
    Enmor Solusar \ Hatchi Rejan on Finalizer Former toons on bas: Enmor/ Hatchi Atlante/ Wenmor/ Endore/ Shaamus/ Metroid.

Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    The emails can't be perfect, the system was not designed for the sort of dupes we're dealing with here.

Basilisk is rebooting, this should be the end of the bulk of related changes.

We are still investigating a handful of players and a handful of "interesting" items that might get deleted but those will be small and one-off actions.

To be clear this was not perfect, it could not detect dupes from years ago, most of the data came from the latest duper's own items they left in game, some dupes were detected by seeing a loot-only item that had 22 copies of it from 2014 to now etc.

The primary goal is to get monitoring in place, which is now in place and is being used to watch for more of these as we go forward.

With this behind us we can focus on 1.0 and throwing a big burn-the-server down party for Basilisk.

PS: ADK's and other items are still notrade for a bit, these are the primary tools of RMT'ers that sell credits for money. We will look at options such as making them account bound.
    LordKator
    Developer

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by lordkator View Post

With this behind us we can focus on 1.0 and throwing a big burn-the-server down party for Basilisk.

PS: ADK's and other items are still notrade for a bit, these are the primary tools of RMT'ers that sell credits for money. We will look at options such as making them account bound.
    Yes and YES!! /cheer

May the Force be with us all today
    DarksideWarrior <Dark from Tarq> SOE Refugee from the Tarquinas Galaxy
    Drop off: Darkside Lounge: Dantooine: /way -1356 2333 by The Vale outside MO

Play Stats
    Inactive
    One step closer. Thanks for the work you do

Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    FYI Some items remain noTrade to avoid complications (Houses, Tents, etc.) and will stay that way.

Please contact support if you see something strange still showing Red notrade text, I tried to be super cautious about what I let the system delete in bulk, that said it was still 5,657 items.

I suspect some factory crates are broken because the items in the crate were deleted but the crate wasn't, I'll try and circle back on those over the next couple of days.
    LordKator
    Developer

SWGEmu Retired Community Relations bigevil's Avatar
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    LK- "The primary goal is to get the monitoring in place, which is now in place and being used to watch for more of these as we go forward"

+1 interwebz for great efforts LK! Bright days ahead.......
    Retired Community Relations

Is what I am doing in the game wrong? How do I know? If in doubt, contact Staff.

SWGEmu Guides and Helpful Links / complaint@swgemu.com for violations or complaints / LIVE Support

Play Stats
    83h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by lordkator View Post
    The emails can't be perfect, the system was not designed for the sort of dupes we're dealing with here.

Basilisk is rebooting, this should be the end of the bulk of related changes.

We are still investigating a handful of players and a handful of "interesting" items that might get deleted but those will be small and one-off actions.

To be clear this was not perfect, it could not detect dupes from years ago, most of the data came from the latest duper's own items they left in game, some dupes were detected by seeing a loot-only item that had 22 copies of it from 2014 to now etc.

The primary goal is to get monitoring in place, which is now in place and is being used to watch for more of these as we go forward.

thank you very much Sir !

**DUTY FREE SHOP** Mos Eisley 2600 -4530
    Drop off Vendor = "Misc"
    IngameName "Chef"

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Thanks for all the hard work you guys do!
    Last edited by Hooker; 08-16-2020 at 02:12 PM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    The ADKs attached to flagged items were deleted together with those items. It appears this didn't work as intended.
    Vendor: -3027, -4562 (Gorath, Tatooine)

Dedicated
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    I had an adk'd t21 delete with the adk. Even though i never got an email about the adk being bad or being deleted. Just the rifle. =(

Closed Thread

Thread Information