Quote Originally Posted by cmurphy50 View Post
I don't see what my coding experience has to do with this. If they want to wipe they will, turns out that isn't until they have a 14.1/1.0 server. They've said before maintaining the same database is important for testing, otherwise don't you think they'd have wiped the whole thing ages ago when they saw the initial exploiting? Instead they've gone through all these months of trouble reversing and repairing it all in order to continue to be able to test with the same database. We'll start from scratch and see all the code in action when the project advances to the next stage.
Experience with coding has everything to do with it. The current approach to how they are testing is very 90's. Here is a good read for you that may bring you up to speed. https://www.hava.io/blog/cattle-vs-p...0family%20pets.

The point being that 14.1 code base is the target.
Iterative sprints with a devops model is the fastest way.
Keeping a test server around for 8 years for the purpose of testing code without a reset is unheard of and very archaic.

That said, I have tremendous respect for the Devs and what they have done. To dedicate themselves on a volunteer basis to this project is simply awesome.

I'm very thankful. Just trying to offer a useless opinion.