Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Clone Wars, The Exploit... Item cleanup.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Thanks LK. Your contribution and passion for making this possible does not go unnoticed! 1.0 will be even safer now!

You seriously rock!
    Praxi Starwalker
    Bria Server
    'RFR' - Rebel Force Recon
    'SOH' -Soldiers of Honour

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Jesus... A rifle I just bought got deleted. Couldn't you have notified people first that additional items were going to be deleted so that way we could've had a chance to work it out with the vendor? I don't even have a screenshot of it and only a saved mail.

Won't be playing Finalizer and inactive until 1.0.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Did you get mail saying it was deleted? I have an unflagged rifle (unless it happened yesterday) that is just gone. Not even on my deleted items list. Reached out to LIVE support but no help.

Join us at TheZoo! https://discord.gg/mbBHQKvNx8

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by ruskuval View Post
    Did you get mail saying it was deleted? I have an unflagged rifle (unless it happened yesterday) that is just gone. Not even on my deleted items list. Reached out to LIVE support but no help.
    Yes it showed up in a the duped mail from today. Did you check all of your chars? If you purchased it on a diff char then the one who had it. Maybe its in the mail on that char.

Won't be playing Finalizer and inactive until 1.0.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by kenobuOwan View Post
    Yes it showed up in a the duped mail from today. Did you check all of your chars? If you purchased it on a diff char then the one who had it. Maybe its in the mail on that char.
    Solved.

Join us at TheZoo! https://discord.gg/mbBHQKvNx8

Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Ok all ADK's that were invisible are now fixed in game.

I sent an email to affected players, remember the email might come to a different character if you've moved your items around a lot. You might need to close your client and re-login to see them, please try that before contacting support.

Also, please remember many ADK's where deleted as dupes and will stay that way (they're actually gone, not invisible).

This should conclude the "bulk" actions we need to take, we will continue our investigations on individual accounts as always.

Thank you for your patience.
    LordKator
    Developer

lordkator@swgemu.com | www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by lordkator View Post
    The emails can't be perfect, the system was not designed for the sort of dupes we're dealing with here.

Basilisk is rebooting, this should be the end of the bulk of related changes.

We are still investigating a handful of players and a handful of "interesting" items that might get deleted but those will be small and one-off actions.

To be clear this was not perfect, it could not detect dupes from years ago, most of the data came from the latest duper's own items they left in game, some dupes were detected by seeing a loot-only item that had 22 copies of it from 2014 to now etc.

The primary goal is to get monitoring in place, which is now in place and is being used to watch for more of these as we go forward.

With this behind us we can focus on 1.0 and throwing a big burn-the-server down party for Basilisk.

PS: ADK's and other items are still notrade for a bit, these are the primary tools of RMT'ers that sell credits for money. We will look at options such as making them account bound.
    One major problem I see, is that if they are account bound, all the weapons that people lost will be extremely hard to replace, because MOST high end weapons already have an adk on them. So it will be even harder for someone who just lost stuff to get it again. On the trade forums you see almost exclusively high end stuff only come with an adk because when someone makes it they immediately slap one on. This essentially takes all the good weapons out of circulation and will inflate the prices which will be impossible for most people to replace their stuff.

Is there are middle ground where we can remove adked items from the adks without getting them destroyed for a little bit? Or maybe even you have the option now to either destroy the item OR destroy the Adk.

Something like that I think would be interesting. Just a suggestion.
    Last edited by Rischie; 08-17-2020 at 07:53 PM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Were duplicated items also removed from vendors? I had received an email that the the pants I was wearing was duplicated, so I went out and bought some new ones and tracked down similar ca's that were in my duplicated pants. I logged into today to find out that along with the duplicated pants i had the ones i just bought were deleted as well

The pants I bought after finding out the ones i was wearing were duplicated did not have a message about them being duplicated

I just wanted to make sure the duplicates on vendors have been removed before getting another pair of pants and tapes for them
    Last edited by THC-Redman; 08-17-2020 at 08:35 PM.
    Vendor at -2573 6354 located in Crossroads Dantoonie (drop off vendor is "Attachments")
    Redman / -Redman- Shadowfire

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Rischie View Post
    One major problem I see, is that if they are account bound, all the weapons that people lost will be extremely hard to replace, because MOST high end weapons already have an adk on them. So it will be even harder for someone who just lost stuff to get it again. On the trade forums you see almost exclusively high end stuff only come with an adk because when someone makes it they immediately slap one on. This essentially takes all the good weapons out of circulation and will inflate the prices which will be impossible for most people to replace their stuff.

Is there are middle ground where we can remove adked items from the adks without getting them destroyed for a little bit? Or maybe even you have the option now to either destroy the item OR destroy the Adk.

Something like that I think would be interesting. Just a suggestion.
    I thought the account-bound solution was just something to allow people to move ADKed stuff between their own toons while they're still "no trade". I didn't think the intention was to leave it like that indefinitely.

I certainly see the value of doing that 1.0, but switching now would result in a lot of unnecessary unfairness like you mentioned.

/way -200 -5678 The Mall
    Current Stock

Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrson View Post
    I thought the account-bound solution was just something to allow people to move ADKed stuff between their own toons while they're still "no trade". I didn't think the intention was to leave it like that indefinitely.

I certainly see the value of doing that 1.0, but switching now would result in a lot of unnecessary unfairness like you mentioned.
    Yes we could do it for some "testing" period and then just turn it all off.

Also we could just delete them all and reset so everyone gets exactly 1..
    LordKator
    Developer

lordkator@swgemu.com | www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Also we could just delete them all
    Don't threaten me with a good time

Play Stats
    Inactive
    May I ask what the downside to a reset is?
    Is there a portion of the community that does NOT want that? (I have yet to hear anyone say they don't want a reset)

I've only recently rejoined the EMU fun since around 2013, but from what I see so far it makes complete sense.

Would love to see a server reset with projected 1.0 code.
    - 1 adk per account
    - 2 or 3 toons per account (with the option to pay for another character slot for an extremely high amount of credits, only 1 for a total of 3 or 4 toons)

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Yes we could do it for some "testing" period and then just turn it all off.

Also we could just delete them all and reset so everyone gets exactly 1..
    I mean lets be honest here and call a spade a spade. Bas has never been 14.1 compliant. Staff added in that you get kicked out of geo caves a long time a go which was never a thing, and ever single time I asked why, it was because reasons. So the model of 14.1 was deviated a LONG time ago this was like pub 3 or 4. You either stick to you guns or you dont, and that was already broken awhile ago. It's actually something that never stat well with me because it was the ONLY exception apparently that was ok to make.

So lets treat it as it is meant to be, and make it a test server, and test as many new ideas as we can out of it.

It would be one thing if you stuck to your guns and ABSOLUTELY made bas 14.1, but you have already broken your own rules a LONG time ago. Delete them, dont delete them. Hell lets make this a test environment! Lets start testing possible 1.0 stuff. Why not? 14.1 went out the window years ago.
    Last edited by Rischie; 08-18-2020 at 05:57 AM.

Play Stats
    2h last 30d
    I'm with the Permetheus guy...not just recently, but literally for years I've never heard anyone say they'd hate a wipe or had some or all ADK's being removed. Granted, you guys say most of the player base doesn't check the forums, but I have a hard time believing they'd feel any differently.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    The thing is, it doesn't matter what the community wants. They have been clear from the start that Basilisk is an alpha/beta environment. They do not want to wipe the server because building the database is just as important for testing. They aren't here to provide this game as a service, this is a project. We are the ones providing THEM a service by assisting with testing. Too many people think they are owed something, and I bet none of them ever did **** to advance the development of this game. More people need to just be happy to play SWG.

Closed Thread

Thread Information