Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Clone Wars, The Exploit. Housing

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Yeah imma have to agree with fissile on this one. Many of us that have items that were never duped yet are the sister item. And only share a same serial subcomponent of an item that was duped now have our items marked for death and are being bent over with no lube without a care in the world.
    Drop Off Vendor: -2900 -4973 Druidia Naboo.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Yep...

60,129 Items duped
    54,004 Items deleted from banned accounts
    6,125 Items left for the remaining of the law abiding citizens of bas

I mean, you got the bad guys, you got the majority of the duped items with banned accounts. Now the rest of us has to pay.

If theres wiggle room for corrupted data in form of houses, there should be room for our items as well.

Take the duped free resource kits, take the duped ADK's or other duped static items. It sucks but we are able to get them back.

What really hurts is loosing irreplaceable items that you strived so hard to get. Heck, keep them untradable/unsellable if you don't want them circulating but don't take away our reasons to want to log in and play the game...
    Last edited by sbp; 08-07-2020 at 08:56 PM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I'm so torn on this topic. My gut reaction when this all unfolded was that all duped items need to go, but the more I think on it... I'm not sure if it's the best option.

A few recurring thoughts made me consider that it may not be so black and white.

Above all else, this is a test server, and destined to be wiped anyway.

The vast majority of duped items were on now banned accounts, and will be deleted. Roughly 10% of these items are in the hands of innocent players that will undeservedly feel varying levels of loss.

Keeping the duped items active may provide insight into unforeseen flaws/bugs/instability with the server?

I'm sure this has all been considered by the powers that be, just adding my thoughts as a player!
    Last edited by trasixes; 08-07-2020 at 09:30 PM.
    Dropoff Vendor: Right next to SCM outside Coronet /way 587 -5372

Play Stats
    2h last 30d
    All of this would be solved with WipeHype2020! Seems very few would complain about that and might even bring a lot of people back between now and 1.0.

Go ahead and test the tool and the ability to mass delete all these items. Give it a week or 2 to see if it leaves any kind of artifacts. Then wipe. LOL

If some other testing is needed (LK seems to intimate there are more bans coming) then give a timeframe for that before the wipe and that'll calm people down.

Play Stats
    74h last 30d
    Well, most answers are interesting. It reminds me again that there are in fact many different communities playing on basilik.

And I'm in the lucky one. I can partially understand why the line is here.
    If a building in one of my favourite city was duped, or any city, I can't see how there could have been intent from the Mayor, or the architects.. (I mean, I suppose that the maintenance costs, and slots taken, they are the same between a duped City Hall and its original version? )

Concerning items... In certain cases within my guild I felt horrified. Some members got cheated just this year, in front of my eyes, and I know they didn't intend, they would have even carry on grinding cash making jokes on the guildchat then pay twice the price tag to get a non-suspicious PH or T21.
    Now they are gone, and they don't want to come back before 1.0. And I feel crucified.

But the community survives, but, I would have think you would have started discussing the most problematic point:
    No guilds can afford to provide relief for their crafters and their merchants (particularly resources). Some could, I guess, easily go bankrupt trying. While items...
    its way easier to get a compensation, particularly for an old time player well inserted in a large guild (compensation within reason. Because we must assume that the prices on Basilik were completely unreasonable.)
    I hope the economy will become more healthy now. Eg: I hear of duped ADK, so some were cloning ADK while the market price for ADK climbed between 2015 and 2019. It used to be 8-10m, and now its around 16-20m? Despite people making multiple accounts until recently.)

I'm mostly posting to say that this decision also provides relief for our mayors, and city designers. You have no idea how much time was sunk into the layout, architectures, streets of Gorath or Fanfar, or Tenemos Island.
    And also, a fair attempt was made in Serenity and Poly. SEM also looks organized. We would struggle to recreate this visual experience if houses were poofing... We could recreate one city, probably not two.

I'm not glad of this decision (I would be lacking empathy if I was), but we needed a decision more than we needed to carry on more days with these doubts. Understand me well, if you tell me that a city hall or a street can cause server instability because they are duped,
    I would understand their removal and immediately take measure to help rebuilding our towns. But it would be a catastrophe.
    Last edited by divlas; 08-08-2020 at 05:02 PM.
    Enmor Solusar \ Hatchi Rejan on Finalizer Former toons on bas: Enmor/ Hatchi Atlante/ Wenmor/ Endore/ Shaamus/ Metroid.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Fissile View Post
    you can put an hour or two into to mind numbingly moving items around a crappy house, but if u grind your behind off for days maybe weeks to afford that lovely item someone dangled in your face you will receive no compensation.
    i have absolutely zero doubt that those that bought city halls, et al housing had no idea of duping. what i am contesting is that those that bought weapons, armour and the actual 'fun stuff' had no idea either, yet they are seemingly penalised.

And your opinion is wrong and stupid.

"put an hour or two into to mind numbingly moving items around a crappy house" Yea, I'm sure for you it would be mind numbing, but so would spending 4 years on a single painting. Decorating is more than just moving stuff around. If you were mentally capable of appreciating art you would realize how creative these decorators are. They're given a limited set of objects to work with and an even more limited set of tools to arrange them. Yet still find countless creative waves to arrange them into new objects and unique spaces. English has 26 letters, sometimes someone arranges those 26 letters into Hamlet and sometimes they get arranged into your forum posts. A well decorated building not only accomplishes some practical end, like a "mall" or "museum, but creates an emotional response in the viewer. It transmit a mood. The only mood PVE in SWG transmits is boredom...

"grind your behind off for days maybe weeks" That's your idea of fun? Spending weeks grinding janta missions or weeks farming NS or whatever? Have you ever actually played SWG? It's ****ing boring.

Sure, it's a hell of a lot of fun at first, but so is yanking one off when you're 13. Then you grow and up and your tastes change and that old handjob seems sad and lonely and you really just want someone to help you. SWG PVE is fun at first. Look at you go killin stuff without dying! Hell yes! Master swords! Oh man I'm THOR with this hammer. Haha, look at all those dumb *** dead janta, I AM THE GOD OF THUNDER. This is so fun, dude I just made 1.4m million in a buff! **** me, I'm gonna be rich! Whew, that was a good weekend I pulled in 7m. Hmm what I should buy with these credits? Oh boy, that acklay hammer is 50m?! I gotta grind my *** off for weeks. Oh look, I commited cavemen genocide for 30 hours and now I can buy that hammer. **** me I don't ever want to set foot on dant again. God damn stupid cavemen. Well, what should I do with this beast? Oh my, I just soloed a an elder or a djm, what a rush! Holy ****, I looted an epic dot or my first exceptional! zomgwtfbbq this is so much funzors! Oh cool, I looted another dot. That's pretty neat I just farmed dragons for 3 hours straight and looted a nice tissue. Ugh, I spent 9 hours killing dragons this weekend and I only got a couple mid range tissues worth keeping. Jesus christ really? It's been 3 weeks since I looted a decent rare tissue. Hmm I wonder...could I... yea that almost worked, let's look for a new lower sac... yea there we go. Oh man this is so much fun again lol! While I was at work today my afk toon looted a rare tissue. LOL I was getting paid irl cash at work and my toon was making me credits in game. Haha, this is so fun again. hehe, waking up each day is like opening christmas presents. Let's see what my toons got me last night! Not bad, nothing great, but collectively it'll bring in a few million. Ah ****, I'm running late for work but I gotta check these ****ing afk toons. Ugh, 2 more bags of garbage to delete. Just another afk grind... vendor sales are good and that auction went my way with that bidding war. Hm, I'm at a half billion credits.. it only took a year of running these 2 toons afk 24/7. **** that was a great vacation. I didn't touch a computer for 11 days. Ugh, I don't want to do this afk **** everyday. Logging toons in, sifting through loots, making factory runs, queueing up afk food on toolbars, relisting 1,000 things on the vendor each month... you know what **** it! I'm rich enough now, to what end?... I don't ****ing know, but I'm gonna stop this afk ****. Maybe I'll just do some good old fashion PVE like I did back when this game was fun... 20 mintues later... **** this is so ****ing boring. WTF was I thinking... did it always suck this bad? Mind numbing killing over and over just to open a corpse up like pulling a lever on a slot machine and hoping for something good. **** that. I should go on a hike or read a book or softly run my palm down the aging but still perfect cheek of my beautiful wife stoppin to cradle her jaw and stare deeply into those eyes that reflect some idealized version of myself that I don't deserve her to see me as and just feel her love radiating threw my flesh like the sun on a summer afternoon and give her a gentle slow kiss trying to show her how grateful I am for her in a way I can never express with words.

/way -200 -5678 The Mall
    Current Stock

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrson View Post
    Sure, it's a hell of a lot of fun at first, but so is yanking one off when you're 13.
    I'm going to stop you right there. This never reaches a point of not being fun!

The rest of your post, I can agree with.
    Dropoff Vendor: Right next to SCM outside Coronet /way 587 -5372

SWGEmu Retired Community Relations bigevil's Avatar
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    "grind your behind off for days maybe weeks" That's your idea of fun? Spending weeks grinding janta missions or weeks farming NS or whatever? Have you ever actually played SWG? It's ****ing boring.
    Quote Originally Posted by trasixes View Post
    The rest of your post, I can agree with.
    Me too Having played several long term MMOs for years at a time... Ultima Online, Everquest 1 & 2, SWG, and a couple others... Its easy to get burn out and numb from exactly what Tyrson describes. I like to play several games at a time to keep my brain.... fresh? My wife MMOs with me although the days of parking her Master Doctor at a Dantooine Outpost are over. She's a smarter gamer now. LOL

Right now playing Total War: Warhammer 2, Assassin's Creed Origins, Pillars of Eternity I, trying really hard to get into Rust...lol.... switch off every few days.

Take up another hobby too. I'm making my forge. Gonna start moving metal.

...yep drove that train off topic didn't I. hehe. As Lol said, trying to use the best middle ground they can.
    Last edited by bigevil; 08-08-2020 at 09:59 PM.
    Retired Community Relations

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    Is what I am doing in the game wrong? How do I know? If in doubt, contact Staff.

SWGEmu Guides and Helpful Links / complaint@swgemu.com for violations or complaints / LIVE Support

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    lol, too late for me ! When I had the reply to my ticket I knew I will need tens of hour (days) so I didn't wait.
    I already spent the week to move my stuff/houses to a new place ...
    Communication ... I finished yesterday
    But it's a good decision
    Last edited by rease; 08-09-2020 at 12:41 AM.

Play Stats
    391h last 30d
    When you look under deeds in the bazaar, Merchant Tents do not appear under installations. They do not appear under any of the subcategories for deeds. That's my worry.

I assume "houses/buildings" covers Merchant Tents, but could one of the Devs please let us know specifically about the status of tents?

Thank you!

Missed the answer to this in SWGEmu Community Discord channel. Here is the answer from #swg-talk:

[3:15 PM] lordkator:
    Duped Merchant tents will not go poof then?
    @Uro No but 10% of the money you make on it will be sent to feed starving children on Tat

TY! sorry, I missed it the same day I asked on Discord.
    Last edited by uro; 08-11-2020 at 06:40 AM.
    <MATS> Mall 1600, -5500 Persephone
    Persephone Cantina Serenity Bar 1550, -5500

Uro#8308 on Discord

Play Stats
    Inactive

And your opinion is wrong and stupid.

"put an hour or two into to mind numbingly moving items around a crappy house" Yea, I'm sure for you it would be mind numbing, but so would spending 4 years on a single painting. Decorating is more than just moving stuff around. If you were mentally capable of appreciating art you would realize how creative these decorators are. They're given a limited set of objects to work with and an even more limited set of tools to arrange them. Yet still find countless creative waves to arrange them into new objects and unique spaces. English has 26 letters, sometimes someone arranges those 26 letters into Hamlet and sometimes they get arranged into your forum posts. A well decorated building not only accomplishes some practical end, like a "mall" or "museum, but creates an emotional response in the viewer. It transmit a mood. The only mood PVE in SWG transmits is boredom...

Sure, it's a hell of a lot of fun at first, but so is yanking one off when you're 13. Then you grow and up and your tastes change and that old handjob seems sad and lonely and you really just want someone to help you. SWG PVE is fun at first. Look at you go killin stuff without dying! Hell yes! Master swords! Oh man I'm THOR with this hammer. Haha, look at all those dumb *** dead janta, I AM THE GOD OF THUNDER. This is so fun, dude I just made 1.4m million in a buff! **** me, I'm gonna be rich! Whew, that was a good weekend I pulled in 7m. Hmm what I should buy with these credits? Oh boy, that acklay hammer is 50m?! I gotta grind my *** off for weeks. Oh look, I commited cavemen genocide for 30 hours and now I can buy that hammer. **** me I don't ever want to set foot on dant again. God damn stupid cavemen. Well, what should I do with this beast? Oh my, I just soloed a an elder or a djm, what a rush! Holy ****, I looted an epic dot or my first exceptional! zomgwtfbbq this is so much funzors! Oh cool, I looted another dot. That's pretty neat I just farmed dragons for 3 hours straight and looted a nice tissue. Ugh, I spent 9 hours killing dragons this weekend and I only got a couple mid range tissues worth keeping. Jesus christ really? It's been 3 weeks since I looted a decent rare tissue. Hmm I wonder...could I... yea that almost worked, let's look for a new lower sac... yea there we go. Oh man this is so much fun again lol! While I was at work today my afk toon looted a rare tissue. LOL I was getting paid irl cash at work and my toon was making me credits in game. Haha, this is so fun again. hehe, waking up each day is like opening christmas presents. Let's see what my toons got me last night! Not bad, nothing great, but collectively it'll bring in a few million. Ah ****, I'm running late for work but I gotta check these ****ing afk toons. Ugh, 2 more bags of garbage to delete. Just another afk grind... vendor sales are good and that auction went my way with that bidding war. Hm, I'm at a half billion credits.. it only took a year of running these 2 toons afk 24/7. **** that was a great vacation. I didn't touch a computer for 11 days. Ugh, I don't want to do this afk **** everyday. Logging toons in, sifting through loots, making factory runs, queueing up afk food on toolbars, relisting 1,000 things on the vendor each month... you know what **** it! I'm rich enough now, to what end?... I don't ****ing know, but I'm gonna stop this afk ****. Maybe I'll just do some good old fashion PVE like I did back when this game was fun... 20 mintues later... **** this is so ****ing boring. WTF was I thinking... did it always suck this bad? Mind numbing killing over and over just to open a corpse up like pulling a lever on a slot machine and hoping for something good. **** that. I should go on a hike or read a book or softly run my palm down the aging but still perfect cheek of my beautiful wife stoppin to cradle her jaw and stare deeply into those eyes that reflect some idealized version of myself that I don't deserve her to see me as and just feel her love radiating threw my flesh like the sun on a summer afternoon and give her a gentle slow kiss trying to show her how grateful I am for her in a way I can never express with words.
    Can I buy some of that adderall off you?

Join us at TheZoo! https://discord.gg/mbBHQKvNx8

Play Stats
    Inactive

So does leaving duped houses not apply to this?
    Last edited by Rischie; 08-11-2020 at 09:22 AM.

Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Rischie View Post
    Primarily we decided on this course of action because the way the objects were duped would cause server instability over the long term if left in-game.

So does leaving duped houses not apply to this?
    Again a middle ground, it's not perfect but also houses/tents/buildings, in general, tend to stay deployed, not deleted often which is the issue of children objects being deleted causing un-expected edge cases.

TL;DR: The houses do not have ADK, PUP's, and other child objects applied to them.
    LordKator
    Developer

lordkator@swgemu.com | www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by lordkator View Post
    Again a middle ground, it's not perfect but also houses/tents/buildings, in general, tend to stay deployed, not deleted often which is the issue of children objects being deleted causing un-expected edge cases.

TL;DR: The houses do not have ADK, PUP's, and other child objects applied to them.
    So if I am understand correct;y we are looking at less code from already deployed items, vs items that are being modified by outside sources i.e pups, trades,etc etc.

Makes sense, just checking.
    Last edited by Rischie; 08-11-2020 at 09:39 AM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    i'm not deny any lines must be drawn. i'm just highlighting the fact, recording it, catalogue it and then bring it back up at x point.

i have absolutely zero doubt that those that bought city halls, et al housing had no idea of duping. what i am contesting is that those that bought weapons, armour and the actual 'fun stuff' had no idea either, yet they are seemingly penalised.

/shrug

i suggest a solution, but it falls on death (sorry is that deaf?) ears.
    Exactly right. A perfect example is Esmi crafting many, many high end weapons from 100% legit components. Many players on this server, including myself, have weapons crafted by her. Now because someone took a sister component and duped it *everything* that she crafted from the same component or resource stack is flagged. That is an absolute crusher for many players. Uber weapons are the biggest ticket item most players grind for and to now lose those items, through no fault of the player or crafter or item itself - even though the craft and components are 100% legit and have nothing to do with duping - wiping out what is in some cases months and years of credit grinding by honest players, is really unfortunate and will cause many good players to quit this game.

Can it not at least be considered to leave those items in game? It's only 10% of the total flagged items. If the items were duped and the copy returned to an unsuspecting player then the original has been flagged now on a banned account so either way there's only 1 copy remaining. That seems to accomplish the goal doesn't it?

IGN: Mulder-
    LIVE Mall at -210 -5640 Corellia

Closed Thread

Thread Information