Quote Originally Posted by Fissile View Post
i'm not deny any lines must be drawn. i'm just highlighting the fact, recording it, catalogue it and then bring it back up at x point.

i have absolutely zero doubt that those that bought city halls, et al housing had no idea of duping. what i am contesting is that those that bought weapons, armour and the actual 'fun stuff' had no idea either, yet they are seemingly penalised.

/shrug

i suggest a solution, but it falls on death (sorry is that deaf?) ears.
Exactly right. A perfect example is Esmi crafting many, many high end weapons from 100% legit components. Many players on this server, including myself, have weapons crafted by her. Now because someone took a sister component and duped it *everything* that she crafted from the same component or resource stack is flagged. That is an absolute crusher for many players. Uber weapons are the biggest ticket item most players grind for and to now lose those items, through no fault of the player or crafter or item itself - even though the craft and components are 100% legit and have nothing to do with duping - wiping out what is in some cases months and years of credit grinding by honest players, is really unfortunate and will cause many good players to quit this game.

Can it not at least be considered to leave those items in game? It's only 10% of the total flagged items. If the items were duped and the copy returned to an unsuspecting player then the original has been flagged now on a banned account so either way there's only 1 copy remaining. That seems to accomplish the goal doesn't it?