Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Clone Wars, The Exploit. Housing

Play Stats
    Inactive

Clone Wars, The Exploit. Housing

As our investigation has continued, we have seen that we can leave duped houses/buildings in the gameworld as they are now, so no need to do anything if you have been notified about a building being a dupe. We will not delete any building/house that was deployed at the time of the email even though the deed or underlying components were duped.

All other structures (factories, harvesters, etc.) and any building/house that was deployed from a duped deed after you received the email will be deleted.

To be clear this also applies to City Halls, we will not destroy a City Hall or the city itself because of dupes.

In all cases any deed that is not deleted but flagged as a dupe will be notrade forever.

This is the safest middle ground we could come up with, please be patient with us as we continue cleaning up this mess.

Thank You,

~SWGEmu Staff
    Lolindir
    SWGEmu Admin

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    To be clear duped items in these houses/buildings will not be protected, the goal here is to keep people from having to destroy a city or to tear down a finely decorated building just to delete the deed.
    LordKator
    Developer

lordkator@swgemu.com | www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Play Stats
    173h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolindir View Post
    we will not destroy a City Hall or the city itself because of dupes.

In all cases any deed that is not deleted but flagged as a dupe will be notrade forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by lordkator View Post
    the goal here is to keep people from having to destroy a city or to tear down a finely decorated building just to delete the deed.
    And several people out there just breathed a huge sigh of relief, this is really great guys!

Thanks!
    In-game Names & Drop-off Location:
    Nehow (Chef) & Wohen (???)
    Fat Pharple Foods (Naboo: 5855, 5856) ~NIKA~ *New Location*

Play Stats
    74h last 30d
    I like this middle ground.
    Lets get out of this crisis as fast as we can! For the sake of our communities.
    Enmor Solusar \ Hatchi Rejan on Finalizer Former toons on bas: Enmor/ Hatchi Atlante/ Wenmor/ Endore/ Shaamus/ Metroid.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Sounds like a reasonable compromise.
    Sanuel. <TRADE>

Sanuels Deeds in the West Eisley Bazaar Mall, Tatooine.

Play Stats
    2h last 30d
    Will there be any ill affects to the server stability from leaving structures from duped deeds in the game?
    Argus | OldShavey

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Doesn't look like it, but the amount of deeds that have been built is also far less than other items.
    Lolindir
    SWGEmu Admin

How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Play Stats
    609h last 30d
    We will not delete any building/house that was deployed at the time of the email even though the deed or underlying components were duped. All other structures (factories, harvesters, etc.) and any building/house that was deployed from a duped deed after you received the email will be deleted...
    For clarification, in reference to which email, first Eye of Sauron email or the second email identifying the duped items?

ANY duped structure deed placed prior to the email will be preserved. ANY duped structure deed placed after the email will be removed, correct?

I take it this refers to deeds that are already placed, but if/when moved later they will be notrade forever. Will the duped deeds in inventory after the specified email be deleted?

This is the safest middle ground we could come up with, please be patient with us as we continue cleaning up this mess.
    Understood! You guys really rock! Thank you ALL for taking the time out of your lives and making the effort to shore up some of the community concerns. I, for one, am greatful for the work youve each been dedicating to this unfortunate necessity.

Regards and much respect.

/bow
    Last edited by Misk Brebran; 08-07-2020 at 01:59 PM.
    Nika Marketplace, Naboo 5915, 5915
    Dropoff 5900, 5858 Nika Resource Vndr
    Forum
    Discord

Play Stats
    391h last 30d
    merchant tents?
    <MATS> Mall 1600, -5500 Persephone
    Persephone Cantina Serenity Bar 1550, -5500

Uro#8308 on Discord

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    why are u all sucking off the admin team for this info? its wholly apparent that teh database doesnt givve a flying flip about duped items and is still operational. its the ego of the team running it that want these items removed, but only a few. cos its their ball and if they dont want to play they will take it home.

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by lordkator View Post
    To be clear duped items in these houses/buildings will not be protected, the goal here is to keep people from having to destroy a city or to tear down a finely decorated building just to delete the deed.
    case and point.

you can put an hour or two into to mind numbingly moving items around a crappy house, but if u grind your behind off for days maybe weeks to afford that lovely item someone dangled in your face you will receive no compensation.

for all those people, i thank you admin.

on to your next failing. you got the eye of sauran. the eye of fissile will keep an eye on your deviations to suit your own needs before the player base.

asifap, if you love the community so much, where are you now?

Play Stats
    3h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by Fissile View Post
    you can put an hour or two into to mind numbingly moving items around a crappy house, but if u grind your behind off for days maybe weeks to afford that lovely item someone dangled in your face you will receive no compensation.
    This is an excellent point, if a little distorted by the tone.

If having your city hall disappear or having to relocate your vendors is an inconvenience worthy of special treatment, then why not anything else? It seems that having a blanket, no exceptions policy of deleting the duped/dupe-crafted items at least had some kind of defensible principle behind it. I would be interested to hear more detail of the reasoning behind this.

Dropoff @ 100 -5650 900m from Coronet Starport, Corellia

SWGEmu Retired Community Relations bigevil's Avatar
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Fissile View Post
    case and point.

for all those people, i thank you admin.

on to your next failing. you got the eye of sauran. the eye of fissile will keep an eye on your deviations to suit your own needs before the player base.

asifap, if you love the community so much, where are you now?
    There is so much fire in your heart sweet, sweet Fissile. Reminds me of a movie I saw.

In all seriousness, they are doing what they can. Not all will like the result, and that's ok. In the end, they will make the changes that make the most sense without completely derailing objectives. Fun is a great target, but not the most realistic in some cases.

Quote Originally Posted by redro View Post
    This is an excellent point, if a little distorted by the tone.

If having your city hall disappear or having to relocate your vendors is an inconvenience worthy of special treatment, then why not anything else? It seems that having a blanket, no exceptions policy of deleting the duped/dupe-crafted items at least had some kind of defensible principle behind it. I would be interested to hear more detail of the reasoning behind this.
    They are tossing a good natured bone. It is normal around here and has been for years for many to question, "Then why don't you do XX now?" The lines must be drawn somewhere, and they have and will talk long and hard where those lines are. Once again, not all will agree.......... yet it must be done.
    Retired Community Relations

Is what I am doing in the game wrong? How do I know? If in doubt, contact Staff.

SWGEmu Guides and Helpful Links / complaint@swgemu.com for violations or complaints / LIVE Support

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    i'm not deny any lines must be drawn. i'm just highlighting the fact, recording it, catalogue it and then bring it back up at x point.

i have absolutely zero doubt that those that bought city halls, et al housing had no idea of duping. what i am contesting is that those that bought weapons, armour and the actual 'fun stuff' had no idea either, yet they are seemingly penalised.

/shrug

i suggest a solution, but it falls on death (sorry is that deaf?) ears.

SWGEmu Retired Community Relations bigevil's Avatar
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    I hear you and can understand your frustrations. We've slogged through many situations across all these years, and there is no such thing around here as deaf ears. Everything is weighed and measured on overall impact, scope, and long term practicality.

I'm not behind the curtain much anymore I've been on the sidelines for a good while, however, I do believe that as always, the staff is moving with the best of intentions. I was always a poor player, never have more than a few mil at any time, but I can surely understand the angst of loss for something you worked so hard for.

At the end of the day, however, there will be some not happy with the end decisions. They must and will be measured along with other peoples opinions. We do listen.
    Retired Community Relations

Is what I am doing in the game wrong? How do I know? If in doubt, contact Staff.

SWGEmu Guides and Helpful Links / complaint@swgemu.com for violations or complaints / LIVE Support

Closed Thread

Thread Information