Closed Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Clone Wars, The Exploit... Continuation

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by lordkator View Post
    I'm sorry but it is IMPOSSIBLE to know what is valid in a batch of items if one was duped.

These people would borrow weapons and dupe them and often give back the dupe!

They would dupe items they were crafting with even after having sold other items they crafted with those resources.

It's not a false positive, it's reality.

Oh and quite a sad example of greed at its worst.
    And what if you first delete all duped items from the players that are banned? After you deleted those items, you do another scan for dupes on community? This might unflag a bunch of items? Most of their duped items where probably stored in their houses and banks...
    Last edited by Pitchcontrol; 08-02-2020 at 12:55 PM.
    Drop off at 3521 -5596 Tatooine (South Eisley mall vendor Hot Drops)

Play Stats
    Inactive
    As you can see in my 2nd post, we know what items are on the duped accounts. Deleting items on banned accounts and make a new scan will not change what we have found on active accounts.
    Lolindir
    SWGEmu Admin

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolindir View Post
    As you can see in my 2nd post, we know what items are on the duped accounts. Deleting items on banned accounts and make a new scan will not change what we have found on active accounts.
    They traded weapons for other weapons with a trade back option on it. So they duped those and than used the trade back option to give the original weapon back to that person who had no clue it was duped. Some of those dupes where sold and hit the community, but some where stored in a bank or house of the dupers and where not sold to other people. So if you delete all duped items from the accounts that are involved in this ponzi sceme. There is a chance that only the original item will exist on the server.
    Last edited by Pitchcontrol; 08-02-2020 at 01:07 PM.
    Drop off at 3521 -5596 Tatooine (South Eisley mall vendor Hot Drops)

Dedicated
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitchcontrol View Post
    They traded weapons for other weapons with a trade back option on it. So they duped those and than used the trade back option to give the original weapon back to that person who had no clue it was duped. Some of those dupes where sold and hit the community, but some where stored in a bank or house of the dupers. So if you delete all duped items from the accounts that are involved in this ponzi sceme. There is a chance that only the original item will survive.
    *chance* being the key word here.

Theres also a chance they kept the real originals and gave back dupes in hopes of the dupes being deleted one day. You never know.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by esmiswg View Post
    We're talking about the *components* the duped items were made with. Components that were legit but because of *one* final product being duped, all other products made from those components ending up being flagged. Again we seem to be observing the behavior that it doesn't just flag the original item as duped too, I'm aware it may be difficult to distinguish that. The issue is about *sister items* from the same batch of legit components being flagged only because one of them was duped at some point down the road. These items should be easily distinguishable because they share nothing with the dupe other than *legit* components.

Could you please check if that is happening, or whether we're misinterpreting the reason why some items are being flagged? For example this rifle. Neither it nor any of its components have ever left my hands, the only reasons I can imagine it being flagged is that crafted components from the same batch ended up in other rifles that got duped, or of course that one resource from one of the crafted components is affected, which is always difficult to figure out.
    Eyelet is spot on here, I have a VK that was sold to Incon himself and certainly duped many many times. Infact I am told that it was duped 285 times. now because its sister that was made with the same serial number motor is also flagged. I think the problem is that it is breaking down to the component level and flagging everything with those components without cross referencing if the sister item's serial number has ever been duped because I know that it has not been. and I know the sub components are not duped either because I personally looted them 2 of them and crafted both myself. so only the final craft could have been duped which should be easy to check the serial number of both final crafts and see that serial x has been duped x times and serial Y has not been duped at all.
    Drop Off Vendor: -2900 -4973 Druidia Naboo.

Play Stats
    14h last 30d
    I only have Aiwha's buildings to check , asides that all my stuff is ok but i have questions for my own investigation

Did the griefers need to have a 3rd party program to duplicate stuff?
    could they copy items from a trade window without completing the trade? (usually use trade window to show stats of an object)
    https://www.swgemu.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic167844_1.gif
    - - - - - - - -= www.nrnr.org =- - - - - - - -

Play Stats
    537h last 30d
    Great job, looking forward to a better basilisk.

Quality Assurance
    Play Stats
    1h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by Walking carpet View Post
    I only have Aiwha's buildings to check , asides that all my stuff is ok but i have questions for my own investigation

Did the griefers need to have a 3rd party program to duplicate stuff?
    could they copy items from a trade window without completing the trade? (usually use trade window to show stats of an object)
    As stated, they had to "borrow" a item and then often give back a duplicate.
    Fastburn
    Quality Assurance

Fastburn@SWGEmu.com | Code Commits
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Retired SWGEmu CSR
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenchi View Post
    Eyelet is spot on here, I have a VK that was sold to Incon himself and certainly duped many many times. Infact I am told that it was duped 285 times. now because its sister that was made with the same serial number motor is also flagged. I think the problem is that it is breaking down to the component level and flagging everything with those components without cross referencing if the sister item's serial number has ever been duped because I know that it has not been. and I know the sub components are not duped either because I personally looted them 2 of them and crafted both myself. so only the final craft could have been duped which should be easy to check the serial number of both final crafts and see that serial x has been duped x times and serial Y has not been duped at all.
    From what I gather, comps could be duped from crafted items. and staff has no way to tell which comp/item was original or duped so everything gets flagged.

Dump a copy of bas to another HD, hell I will send staff one. Use that to work on the tools and wipe the server!

Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by oMek View Post
    From what I gather, comps could be duped from crafted items. and staff has no way to tell which comp/item was original or duped so everything gets flagged.

Dump a copy of bas to another HD, hell I will send staff one. Use that to work on the tools and wipe the server!
    FYI there are 500 Million objects in Basilisk's db. The sceneobjects table alone if 633 Gigs... When I dump the entire db to JSON it consumes about 1TB of disk space for just one snapshot.

The reason we keep Basilisk alive is not just the database, without players the database is useless. How exactly would we be able to monitor 1 million+ transactions a day that happen on basilisk if it's just a database on a disk somewhere?

The wipe will come!

Sadly I lost five months of my life to these people, I could have been coding on other parts of the project all that time.
    LordKator
    Developer

lordkator@swgemu.com | www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Dedicated
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Protective Liquid Coating 249 245 4
    Binary Liquid 249 245 4

As we have been farming the bunker for like 6+ years, we have seen way more crafts than liquids could have possibly been farmed outside of us. We heard a lot were helmets. It was mentioned. Glad to see it caught up with them.

And who dupes Wall modules? Really? Lazy ***ks.

90%+ of the items linked to now banned accounts. Looks like they kept it in the family for the most part. Probably only a few of those actually did it or knew how to do the duping, the rest getting free duped perfect gear. Or a duped potted plant.

With the handful of duped containers for those non-banned accounts, I would suggest trying to reach out to them individually, or specifying that a container they have was duped and stuff inside it will be deleted. A buddy had a duped factory (who dupes factories anyhow), but had trouble finding out which one. A wp would be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by llelut View Post
    Hello

It's a scandal, I am an honest player since 2011 I will find myself without any adk and my weapons will surely be deleted too,
    Can you look at my case please.

All my fortune is made thanks to a single sale made with SIRE,

Thank you
    If you bought the duped adk your weapon will still be left according to what they said. You will be out the money for the adk however. If you have been playing since 11, you should have your own adk a long time ago from vet rewards.
    Last edited by Lolindir; 08-02-2020 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Double post
    Please make drops to Poo's Booty Vendor at 806, -3900 on Corellia.

Event Coordinator
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    It sucks, but if the item got flagged, its more than likely a bad item, regardless.
    At the end of the day, its a test server, and yes, I do blame the ppl who kept LK from coding other things,
    Instead of tracking down players, hacking/exploiting/duping, on a test server.

Makes as much sense as duping sweet cake mix.

. . . . . Nvm, they duped that to.

IS NOTHING SACRED ANYMORE?!

Play Stats
    609h last 30d
    only travel packs are sacred...wait, what???

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
    Nika Marketplace, Naboo 5915, 5915
    Dropoff 5900, 5858 Nika Resource Vndr
    Forum
    Discord

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by lordkator View Post
    I'm sorry but it is IMPOSSIBLE to know what is valid in a batch of items if one was duped.

These people would borrow weapons and dupe them and often give back the dupe!

They would dupe items they were crafting with even after having sold other items they crafted with those resources.

It's not a false positive, it's reality.

Oh and quite a sad example of greed at its worst.
    So then leave the items... don't delete them. The vast majority of the 6k is junk with maybe 500-1k anything of value. Delete the stuff from those temp-banned.

it's only hurting alot of innocent people. Consider it a gift to the community.

Won't be playing Finalizer and inactive until 1.0.

Dedicated
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by kenobuOwan View Post
    So then leave the items... don't delete them. The vast majority of the 6k is junk with maybe 500-1k anything of value. Delete the stuff from those temp-banned.

it's only hurting alot of innocent people. Consider it a gift to the community.
    He said if they leave the duped items in game it will corrupt the code and destabilize the server (or something to that effect). Get rid of all of it. Most important keep the people that were involved out of the game even 1.0+. No more VPNs to hide behind either.
    Please make drops to Poo's Booty Vendor at 806, -3900 on Corellia.

Closed Thread

Thread Information