Closed Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: Clone Wars, The Exploit... Continuation

Event Coordinator
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by ForceFielding View Post
    No, I'm actually very smart. Probably smarter than you. All the players who were banned didn't sell things for money. I'm talking about duping not cashing in. Your straw man didn't work.

And I'm not playing devil's advocate. I'm exposing the double standard. That it's ok to waste time on bad people, but its not ok to waste time on good people.

If it truly is just a test server then all players who did not sell things for $$$ should be let back in immediately so that they can continue to expose more bugs/flaws. If it's just a test server then why are testers who exploit banned? Nothing matters right? Or does it?

Can't have it both ways.
    Keep the cheaters banned. They caused quite enough chaos for the community alrdy.
    Dont need them to find gamebreaking bugs either.

Why are the tester's banned for exploiting.

Prob because they arent testing anyting. These testers didnt report anything of their dirty deeds, they got korimord, also... lining their ig duped hotpant pockets with dem sweet credits.

#GURRECKLIVESMATTER

Play Stats
    1h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by ForceFielding View Post
    If it truly is just a test server then all players who did not sell things for $$$ should be let back in immediately

Can't have it both ways.
    re-read this, i think you might notice an issue with it.

Play Stats
    21h last 30d
    We need to move on.

Old guilds are strong, and if the devs can't help us recover, I'm sure that many communities can help. (within reason)
    If you think you are going to lose an item, screenshot it, and may be some people in your guild will ask you extensive question on how and why you get it and provide you with minimal relief.
    This is the best way to go down. As long as we can ensure that's such project isn't abused by greedy players.

But I'm really concern that we are going to lose many players over that, regardless of our capacity to provide a minimum relief. Players who got screwed tend to get pissed off, give up, and may be come back a year later. At this point it will be too late for any type of compensation.
    And its not easy to grow our population. I sometime try to recruit player on SWTOR... Its not easy. We are playing an old game, in order to play you need to know about the game and have the discs.
    In 5-10 years, if computers all switch to Windows ARM, Linux ARM, less and less new players will be able to play. (Unless Windows ARM does a hell of job at emulating Intel-based computer. But I do know virtual machine and emulation, and when you need to emulate a certain hardware in order to virtualize one OS, it never looks good. However SWG is an old game. )

We need to move on, the Clone War doesn't change the "legality" of the project. The devs took measure to prevent it. Even so I don't understand the points some are trying to make.

What we need now: good news... Is JtL back on track? I was lurking on another thread :P
    With atmospheric landing like in the last month of SWG NGE? <3. (I know its asking a lot lol)
    Last edited by divlas; 08-07-2020 at 11:43 AM.
    Enmor Solusar \ Hatchi Rejan on Finalizer Former toons on bas: Enmor/ Hatchi Atlante/ Wenmor/ Endore/ Shaamus/ Metroid.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    JTL is not back on track. What have been seen is about as far as Reoze had come on his coding, some time ago. Thats what was meant with "JTL has seen some code" in our announcement.

We are ready to make a new announcement about this exploit soon
    Lolindir
    SWGEmu Admin

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Play Stats
    3h last 30d
    I am unsure if this was intentional, I haven't been able to find anything about, but after the restart this morning 2/5 items I had that were flagged with red text no longer have the red text. They still have the yellow "no trade" but the other text is gone.
    In-game Names & Drop-off Location:
    Nehow (Chef) & Wohen (???)
    Fat Pharple Foods (Naboo: 5855, 5856) ~NIKA~ *New Location*

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I understand the usefulness of dealing with this situation to develop fixes and tools to deal with potential future problems. After that information is acquired please permanently put out this dumpster fire and wipe the server clean so we can start from scratch again. I am looking forward to that.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    So looking forward to the big and final deletion on this server. 1.0 bound. This is a positive thing for the community. Good form
    Last edited by othinen; 08-16-2020 at 01:34 PM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    so it is to my understanding this is not patchable ?
    I love to hear that your now able to dedicate time to the integrity.

my followup question is ,
    are there other issues that are of this upmost importance going on ? It really seems like your the meat and potatoes of this project right now. hard to trust people makes it tough , actions like this from people also suck.
    Intrepid born and raised
    IGname : Dust

Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by dust906 View Post
    so it is to my understanding this is not patchable ?
    I love to hear that your now able to dedicate time to the integrity.

my followup question is ,
    are there other issues that are of this upmost importance going on ? It really seems like your the meat and potatoes of this project right now. hard to trust people makes it tough , actions like this from people also suck.
    The dupe was patched in June, this is just the final clean-up of all the items we found that they duped.
    LordKator
    Developer

lordkator@swgemu.com | www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Play Stats
    Inactive
    only the ocd in me understands the lengths you went through to get to where we are at. I feel like this was an intense milestone for you. Don't burn out. Thank you
    Intrepid born and raised

Play Stats
    Inactive
    i have to advocate that it is better that the method was found out.
    my follow up comment is that , i think the exploiters IP addresses all need to be logged , and added to EOS for new AI and algorithim builds.

EOS might have more of a value than one may think, and probably should be copyrighted and IP protected if you continue to work on it.

edited to add that i think after adding all affected IP addresses to EOS , then they can create new characters from scratch.

nothing saved. names banned.

most won't return, but some will correct their behavior.

the dark side can be lucrative, and short sighted, but without this behavior , we wouldn't need the light side to correct it.
    Last edited by dust906; 08-20-2020 at 02:18 AM.
    Intrepid born and raised

Closed Thread

Thread Information