Closed Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Clone Wars, The Exploit... Continuation

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Arox ... 200 mil of duped armor ("the best I've ever listed publicy for sale")
    Regnor ... 90 mil duped DXR made by eyelet
    1x ADK

wasnt that bad
    Drop Vendor: Coronet (443, -2952)
    IGN = Odrii / Gint

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by lordkator View Post
    We have 5,000 active players a month, we're not worried about 40 people who aren't good for the community anyway.

I of all people desire a wipe but we're not ready yet, these situations actually help us improve our tools, the scale of Basilisk's dumpster fire is very useful for tools to put out fires in our 1.0 server.
    Can you imagine the disaster it would've been if the wipe had been a year ago, and this dupe method crept into the new server? So you're obviously right - take your time. Take out the garbage, first.
    Dropoff Vendor: Right next to SCM outside Coronet /way 587 -5372

Dedicated
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by ForceFielding View Post
    Arox ... 200 mil of duped armor ("the best I've ever listed publicy for sale")
    Regnor ... 90 mil duped DXR made by eyelet
    1x ADK

wasnt that bad
    Yeah, I had a t21 made by eyelet and some bivoli made by you that was flagged.

Not bad considering I have been on bas since 2013.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Squeaky clean over here

Enhanced weapon vendor at 3250 -5618 900m from Mos Eisley (drop off) . Geo hammers, rancor 1h&2h. Krayt enhanced ranged weapons

Play Stats
    1h last 30d
    4 crates of brandy is all that was flagged on my toons. 3 crates on 1 and 1 crate on another.
    IGN golf' or 'golf

Fully Taped Master Armorsmith -RIS Certified / Master Smuggler

Drop off vendor Tatooine: /way 3525 -5690 Finalizer

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Is there anyway to get a location on the duped items, like if it's a placed building from a deed and a wp to it? That would be fantastic to know if I need to move stuff out of a building as I have a flagged deed. Any help with this would be fantastic.
    In-game name: Michaela <FLO> Coleader

Quality Assurance
    Play Stats
    198h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyCierra View Post
    Is there anyway to get a location on the duped items, like if it's a placed building from a deed and a wp to it? That would be fantastic to know if I need to move stuff out of a building as I have a flagged deed. Any help with this would be fantastic.
    If the mail said "Deed for: X Type House", then I believe that is what it is (a deed), rather than a placed house.
    The message so far for placed buildings has been "House Type / House Name"

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Thank you for the response.
    In-game name: Michaela <FLO> Coleader

Play Stats
    202h last 30d
    We have 5,000 active players a month, we're not worried about 40 people who aren't good for the community anyway.

I of all people desire a wipe but we're not ready yet, these situations actually help us improve our tools, the scale of Basilisk's dumpster fire is very useful for tools to put out fires in our 1.0 server.
    I offer this will all sincerity and humility:

If you are truly not worried about the impact this may have (is having) on your player base, you would be well advised to seek advise from others in customer service/communications industries. I have a lot of contact with a couple of these folks who either play or have played this and other MMOs. Some outcomes of the decisions being made have potential serious long-term consequences that do not appear to be factored in, at least from visible indicators.

Again, I offer this with humility, as someone in a customer service industry with contacts as mentioned. No offense or hostile criticism intended.
    Last edited by neutrineaux; 08-03-2020 at 08:30 PM.
    neutrineaux

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by neutrineaux View Post
    I offer this will all sincerity and humility:

If you are truly not worried about the impact this may have (is having) on your player base, you would be well advised to seek advise from others in customer service/communications industries. I have a lot of contact with a couple of these folks who either play or have played this and other MMOs. Some outcomes of the decisions being made have potential serious long-term consequences that do not appear to be factored in, at least from visible indicators.

Again, I offer this with humility, as someone in a customer service industry with contacts as mentioned. No offense or hostile criticism intended.
    This is a test server. Always has been. Always will be. Customer service isn't really a concern. This isn't a business.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by esmiswg View Post
    We're talking about the *components* the duped items were made with. Components that were legit but because of *one* final product being duped, all other products made from those components ending up being flagged. Again we seem to be observing the behavior that it doesn't just flag the original item as duped too, I'm aware it may be difficult to distinguish that. The issue is about *sister items* from the same batch of legit components being flagged only because one of them was duped at some point down the road. These items should be easily distinguishable because they share nothing with the dupe other than *legit* components.

Could you please check if that is happening, or whether we're misinterpreting the reason why some items are being flagged? For example this rifle. Neither it nor any of its components have ever left my hands, the only reasons I can imagine it being flagged is that crafted components from the same batch ended up in other rifles that got duped, or of course that one resource from one of the crafted components is affected, which is always difficult to figure out.
    This is a very important point that has wide reaching impacts. I completely understand flagging and deleting items (be they finished crafts or components) that were actually duped. But to also delete any other items that were legitimately crafted from non-duped components creates a broad ripple effect of tons of items being deleted from many players who never did anything wrong. It would be great to distinguish between the legit and duped items and limit the impact to only the duped items. Otherwise there are many innocent players who will lose many millions of credits even though they only crafted legit items or bought items they had no reason to doubt were completely legit.

IGN: Mulder-
    LIVE Mall at -210 -5640 Corellia

Play Stats
    Inactive
    The wipe will come!
    Careful what you wish for
    IGN = Odrii / Gint

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by cmurphy50 View Post
    This is a test server. Always has been. Always will be. Customer service isn't really a concern. This isn't a business.
    Than why ban the dupers???

Why not let them back in so they can try to do more stuff like that so that it can be fixed?

It's just a test server, right?
    IGN = Odrii / Gint

Play Stats
    Inactive

Why not let them back in so they can try to do more stuff like that so that it can be fixed?

Are you stupid? They sold in game items for real currency, that's about as far against the terms of service as you can possibly go. You are misinformed if you think you can play devil's advocate on this one. Test server doesn't mean anarchy.

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive

They duped/cloned for yearS so why banned them. (Instead, use them).
    Exactly, fix the breach with a normal patch and Devs can spy what they do and see if there is another breach...
    it's a Beta server no ?

So they tested breach ... we should thank them, no ? logical ?
    After all nothing to loose SWGEMU "isn't a business".

I don't want to defend dupers, but you must be logical all the way or Basilisk isn't a BETA server anymore (stop to be a long time ago), like I say for years !!!

For devs, their baby is always a beta (can be improved, less bug, more stability etc ...) it's why there is a reasonable dead line ...
    Like parents with kids There is majority age. Nothing bad it's human.
    Basilisk and SWGemu is better than many other games, more stable than the original (it wasn't a beta on live), and less Buggy.

SWGemu team made/make a amazing great game. The more you like something the more painful it is when someone breaks it. It's why this clone war has hurt so much.

For players like me who started 3 or 4 years ago, unlike the older ones who experienced wipes and resets, the notion of Beta doesn't fit at all. Without doubt a question of point of view.

PS: Sorry again for my English, hope you can understand my thoughts and feelings.

Closed Thread

Thread Information